Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 18 Nov 2009, 06:01 (Ref:2583955)   #26
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
It's been proven time and time again to me that an open-wheel guy doesn't just step into a stock car and perform, no matter who it is. Juan Montoya is, I'm sure we'll all agree, a fair bit better than Danica, and it took him a fair bit of time to get used to NASCAR. I think Danica is possibly on the same level as Scott Speed - if she started in ARCA, and then did a year in Nationwide, I think she'd do much better. But just doing a few random races in between IndyCar races isn't going to do anything but make her look bad.
Yeah - she's going to struggle, no question - NASCAR is on a whole different level. On top of that, jumping back & forth between the two series through the season is likely to impact on her performance in the open wheeler.

Still, she's old enough to make up her own mind but I think that she'll be learning the hard way this time.

If nothing else the hissy fits should be entertaining.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2584129)   #27
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I had a friend working for that team and they just don't have the resources and funding to run at the front.

Can't say I was really following what they were doing this year, but they were doing quite a bit of testing at VIR so the few road courses must have been their main focus to do well.

I think danica is going to be in for surprise. It's a whole nother world with stock cars.
I was sure that #13 was a TRG car, but I now see that it's Germain Racing. They run a great truck programme, and do well with an underfunded car in Nationwide. It's the kind of team you want to do well in Cup, but the money to challenge Hendricks, Gibbs, Roush, Penske, Ganassi, Childress, Red Bull, Stewart-Haas, or even MWR or Petty Motorsports.

And on Danica, I think any driver thinking about a switch to stock cars needs about three full serious years to translate their ability. Look at Hornish, who made a fool out of himself for some time and only now, two years in, have started to show improvement. Another year and I think he'll come good.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2584352)   #28
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
I was sure that #13 was a TRG car, but I now see that it's Germain Racing. They run a great truck programme, and do well with an underfunded car in Nationwide. It's the kind of team you want to do well in Cup, but the money to challenge Hendricks, Gibbs, Roush, Penske, Ganassi, Childress, Red Bull, Stewart-Haas, or even MWR or Petty Motorsports.

And on Danica, I think any driver thinking about a switch to stock cars needs about three full serious years to translate their ability. Look at Hornish, who made a fool out of himself for some time and only now, two years in, have started to show improvement. Another year and I think he'll come good.
It's a whole different game. Even if you have a good level of natural talent it takes a while to learn the cars, the tracks and the racing style.

Right now some F1 rejects like Salo, Trulli and Piquet are sniffing around NASCAR but they'd get their clocks cleaned I suspect.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2585093)   #29
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
It's a whole different game. Even if you have a good level of natural talent it takes a while to learn the cars, the tracks and the racing style.

Right now some F1 rejects like Salo, Trulli and Piquet are sniffing around NASCAR but they'd get their clocks cleaned I suspect.
...and it isn't like these guys are absolutely terrible racers, they are just stepping into a league that is unlike anything they have ever experienced. twice the cars, twice the wieght of the cars, twice the number of races and in ALL three tops series, there is a larger majority of teams that are competitive every weekend than in other series.

like you said, a completely different game, but with a completely different language.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2585185)   #30
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Norris MacDonald provides some insight on why contracts are not being shown yet.

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...-she-cant.html
Old 19 Nov 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2585310)   #31
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
Norris MacDonald provides some insight on why contracts are not being shown yet.

http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/...-she-cant.html
Her current contract with AGR also doesnt expire until the end of this month, but trust me, the announcement of her new contract is merely a formality.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 20:51 (Ref:2585338)   #32
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Pops told me to never trust someone who says "Trust Me"
Old 8 Dec 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2595912)   #33
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tuesday, December 8th, Danica at 1pm in Phoenix is supposed to make the official announcement of her part time deal with Jr. Motorsports to run the Nationwide Series next year. GoDaddy will be her sponsor on this venture. Her debut will be at Daytona in February.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2596023)   #34
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She'll do fine at Daytona, but the other races will be very interesting. I worry that Nationwide is too high a level to begin with - I think she should have started with ARCA.
Old 8 Dec 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2596069)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as i stated in the other forum discussing DP, she should have started SOMEWHERE a few months ago getting some seat time instead of delaying dealing for so long...

i have no idea what it takes to procure such high stakes deals, tho.