Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 May 2011, 20:05 (Ref:2872568)   #51
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
eurgh.

Thats 4hrs of my life i'm never getting back. I'm sure that the conditions would fall under 'act of god' in insurance terms though, twas a tad moist.
Old 1 May 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2872578)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildrop View Post
Bit stupid to schedule a race in Sao Paulo a the height of the rain season, however I feel the organisers have done this to try and get an exciting wet race.

Pity the plan has backfired again
Maybe schedule the race for the end of the season, in October, which is Brazil's spring. F1 have the GP at Interlagos at the end of their season.
Old 1 May 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2872583)   #53
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Twitter, INDYCAR (WTF does that even stand for?) have rescheduled the race for 8am Eastern (9am local)!
Old 1 May 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2872595)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
According to Twitter, INDYCAR (WTF does that even stand for?) have rescheduled the race for 8am Eastern (9am local)!
It's confirmed on their website:

http://www.indycar.com/news/show/55-...-a-m-et-may-2/
Old 2 May 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2872679)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is the earlier start because weather or the organizers or what? Not the greatest time slot....

Whatever, here's to the lowest ratings ever for an Indycar race. *heading to readjust the DVR*
Old 2 May 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2872681)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Is the earlier start because weather or the organizers or what? Not the greatest time slot....

Whatever, here's to the lowest ratings ever for an Indycar race. *heading to readjust the DVR*
Probably weather and Sao Paulo wanting its streets back.

It looked very well attended, so how low were the ratings?
Old 2 May 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2872692)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Probably weather and Sao Paulo wanting its streets back.
I assumed that the city wouldn't be too happy with having the streets cut up for much longer than needed.

Quote:
It looked very well attended, so how low were the ratings?
Don't know...was speaking of the 8am Monday morning ratings in America; not sure how Nelson counts that...rating for Sunday AND Monday? an average between the two?
Old 2 May 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2872806)   #58
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
want will Sky Sports do due to this delay?
Old 2 May 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2872853)   #59
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
want will Sky Sports do due to this delay?
Its on SS4, but you have to press the red button to view it. Useless if, like me, you have Virgin. Any tips on an online feed?
Old 2 May 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2872874)   #60
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pippa Mann's twitter feed confirmed Sky will have highlights only.

I won't rant and rave as all four channels do have clashing live stuff.

However, as we can't see it live any other way, here are some streams:

http://www.seeon.tv/view/10942/
http://www.seeon.tv/view/3811/
http://indycaraldia.blogspot.com/search/label/En%20Vivo

(live now)
Old 2 May 2011, 12:12 (Ref:2872875)   #61
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
nope, its not on at all now. Cheers Sky, remind me cancel my subscription ey?
Old 2 May 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2872876)   #62
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post

I won't rant and rave as all four channels do have clashing live stuff.
The rational man's answer. I'm just annoyed i curtailed my day's bike riding so i could get in and watch it...
Old 2 May 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2872877)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
You can try this but it is a bit laggy:

http://freetvall.com/video/1MD7S8SUGS1N/Versus-Channel
Old 2 May 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2872879)   #64
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
The rational man's answer. I'm just annoyed i curtailed my day's bike riding so i could get in and watch it...
Oh don't worry, I did my ranting at another forum before I noticed Sky didn't really have any option... clashing stuff on all four channels plus the red button tied up by tennis.

Another stream, best I've found:
http://www.justin.tv/besweeet#/w/1153382704
Old 2 May 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2872888)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Oh don't worry, I did my ranting at another forum before I noticed Sky didn't really have any option... clashing stuff on all four channels plus the red button tied up by tennis.

Another stream, best I've found:
http://www.justin.tv/besweeet#/w/1153382704
That works, thanks
Old 2 May 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2872899)   #66
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse me but what for Viso got the black flag ?
Old 2 May 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2872909)   #67
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blocking Andretti I think.
Old 2 May 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2872916)   #68
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Yes, seven times apparently!
Old 2 May 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2872918)   #69
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Yes, seven times apparently!
It wasn't as if Andretti was really going for it.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2872920)   #70
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
I think Marco Andretti drove a good race, but he lost his third-place finish probably because when Fuel was trying to end?...
Old 2 May 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2872922)   #71
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blocking Andretti ?
So defending the better line through a corner and leaving an opponent on dead line is blocking? Somehow I feel less and less motivated to watch this bull***t
Old 2 May 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2872926)   #72
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Blocking Andretti ?
So defending the better line through a corner and leaving an opponent on dead line is blocking? Somehow I feel less and less motivated to watch this bull***t
I did wonder that, apparently the drivers are to not defend the inside "lane" if they are under attack?!
Old 2 May 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2872928)   #73
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I did wonder that, apparently the drivers are to not defend the inside "lane" if they are under attack?!
That's what Helio got black flagged for at Edmonton last year. Personally I think it's a bad rule as defending the inside line is what a driver is naturally going to do and to those who watch F1 the drivers do it all the time and there's no penalty.
Old 2 May 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2872929)   #74
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another great job by the Indycar race officials

Great run by Sato, incredible job in the wet, but this race shows why every race this year will be won by Penske and Ganassi, with the occasional Andretti Autosport win.
Old 2 May 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2873021)   #75
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That's what Helio got black flagged for at Edmonton last year. Personally I think it's a bad rule as defending the inside line is what a driver is naturally going to do and to those who watch F1 the drivers do it all the time and there's no penalty.
F1 drivers allowed to make just one move to protect their position, but it can be inside or outside, which makes sense.

Sato's effort today was especially good considering that he hadn't driven an IndyCar in the wet until yesterday!