Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:32 (Ref:3134583)   #1
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Ferrari sign Perez for 2013

You heard it hear first. Don't ask how I know because I can not reveal my sources but it's a done deal. Sorry Massa.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3134593)   #2
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
barbeque or sweet chiili?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3134596)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
This is the internet so it must be true.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 07:12 (Ref:3134613)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
You heard it hear first. Don't ask how I know because I can not reveal my sources but it's a done deal. Sorry Massa.

So... how do you know?
Old 12 Sep 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3134614)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, just a rumour then.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3134790)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/8...r-Ferrari-Move

Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3134822)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quite but just not yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102478
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3134823)   #8
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PĂ©rez to McLaren? That is, if Lewis decides to go to Mercedes. Possible?

It might be better for him as I can imagine having Alonso as your teammate will not be easy.

At the moment though, it is all a lot of rumours and hearsay.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3134824)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread is just like "Lewis to Merc" thread...
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3134832)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Di Montezemolo
Di Montezemolo also said he would welcome world champion Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari in the future should the German leave Red Bull Racing.

"I think that Vettel is more or less in the condition like when Michael was in Benetton," he added.

"He's younger, he's a very good driver and he's making a very good experience so in theory, if you have to ask me a name, I could tell you his name."
"I can not reveal my sources but it's a done deal."
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3134835)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

As they used to say on "Yes Minister".....never believe something until its been offially denied......
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3134837)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's the heat of the moment...
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3134842)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think Luca is playing a hard bargain with that billionaire Slim. Hoping to squeeze a few megabucks out of him. I think Perez will be there in a Ferrari in '13.
Old 12 Sep 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3134843)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
As they used to say on "Yes Minister".....never believe something until its been offially denied......
Or as Francis Urquhart in 'House of Cards' would say, "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 12 Sep 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3134886)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Actually I remember Luca saying that they wouldn't sign Raikkonen, when they had it done months before...
Old 12 Sep 2012, 21:57 (Ref:3135043)   #16
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fantastic news..if it really is a done deal, my money is on Sergio driving for Ferarri next year.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3135126)   #17
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ferrari denies it to the press...then it is true. I don't think it would be a bad decision experience wise. He can be groomed while being the number 2 and learn to win from there.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3135135)   #18
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
So... how do you know?
I know. I have knowledge from the inside of F1. If you notice my earlier posts I have said which drivers have been signed and months later announced. I believe the last one was Petrov signing with Caterham long before it was announced. No one believed me because as I recall Trulli was testing till the end but guess who got the drive. Petrov and I knew this long before. There were others in the past. Massa probably doesn't even now yet just like Trulli. It's kind of funny really in a sick way. Anyway Perez drives for Ferrari next year and we will probably hear it at the end of the season.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3135144)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Put this way, the assertion comes from a poster who is posting behind a pseudonym, who may have just got out of school before he/she posted what we are supposed to believe as fact.

Until such time as it becomes fact, it is a rumour.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3135177)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ch-for-alonso/

I can understand Ferrari and Alonso wanting a #2 that doesn't take points away from Alonso. But Massa's just too far back and they're losing constructors titles over it.

If I were Luca I'd sign Perez but just make sure, in his first year, if he's not a championship contender and kicking Alonso's ass, that he stay behind and doesn't take points away. At least for 2013. If he clearly has the pace and consistency to challenge Alonso then 2014 it should be all on. I don't think he will though. Not when he's occasionally beaten by Kobayashi. Alonso will still be the top points scorer for Ferrari for a few more years. Kovi would also be a good #2, but I wouldn't expect him to be beating Vettel and Hamilton in an equal or slower Ferrari in years to come, post-2016. Maybe Perez could though?

I'm more interested in seeing what happens if Hamilton stupidly goes to Mercedes next year. Who will replace him at McLaren? I don't think he will move, Eddie Jordan is full of cr-p, although they haven't flat out denied it.

I doubt Ferrari will let Perez go to McLaren. Di Resta hasn't been impressing lately. Kovi would be a big risk and step backwards if they actually want a title challanger. Webber?
Old 13 Sep 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3135182)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Put thdis way, the assertion comes from a poster who is posting behind a pseudonym, who may have just got out of school before he/she posted what we are supposed to believe as fact.

Until such time as it becomes fact, it is a rumour.
On the other hand he could be Adrian Fernandez!! :-D
Old 13 Sep 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3135384)   #22
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I know. I have knowledge from the inside of F1. If you notice my earlier posts I have said which drivers have been signed and months later announced. I believe the last one was Petrov signing with Caterham long before it was announced. No one believed me because as I recall Trulli was testing till the end but guess who got the drive. Petrov and I knew this long before. There were others in the past. Massa probably doesn't even now yet just like Trulli. It's kind of funny really in a sick way. Anyway Perez drives for Ferrari next year and we will probably hear it at the end of the season.
Presumably, if you have this knowledge, you won't be getting much in the future since you just blabbed confidential information to everyone in the world. Were you told this in confidence? Or is this an Apple'esk leak?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3135402)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa to Renault then.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3135440)   #24
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Massa to Renault then.
I'd be real hesitant to sign Massa if I were any team save the B-specs. And unless Kimi flies off to Macca it's not like Renault is in any great need of drivers.
Old 13 Sep 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3135449)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

I doubt Ferrari will let Perez go to McLaren. Di Resta hasn't been impressing lately. Kovi would be a big risk and step backwards if they actually want a title challanger.
Kovi is a far better and mature driver than he was 3 years ago, He'd be the ideal driver to replace Massa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

Webber?
Errr, didn't he just sign another season with Red Bull?