Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 4 Jun 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1928260)   #1
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Danica has lost the plot!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59399

Who does she think she is? She can't go around pushing other drivers like she is tough, all the media hype has gone to her head. Someone needs to put her in her place.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1928273)   #2
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"You turned into me. If you don't think I'm going to remember this, you're crazy." If that is her thought that she can go and purposely hit him shes nuts. Stupid thing to say, she seems to shoot her mouth off a lot.

"She seems to whine a lot," Wheldon said. "She's obviously got a lot of pressure on her. Her teammates are winning races and she's not."...Well said after all it's only Danica
Old 4 Jun 2007, 10:07 (Ref:1928283)   #3
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prima Donna.

I agree that Wheldon was foolish to try that move, but "that's racing" - this stuff happens. Get over it Danica, and get your own back by beating him fair and square on the track.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 10:21 (Ref:1928296)   #4
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The accident did look to be Dan's fault, but not cool behaviour from Danica post-race.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 10:36 (Ref:1928301)   #5
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last time she did it, she had so many people fooled...but not this time...the pressure is showing...
Old 4 Jun 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1928324)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lucky it wasn't Paul Tracy, although she might have kept her helmet on (Yes I know PT isn't in IRL)
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1928424)   #7
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha she slapped Lazier in 05!? Did she get a fine? If two male drivers come together they are likely to punch rather than slap and they would get into all sorts of trouble! Was she let off because she is a lady racer? Pushing, shoving, slapping- deary me!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1928432)   #8
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He should have said "if you can't take the heat go back too the kitchen!"

It was funny in my head anyway!

She is definately a prima donna, its racing, these things happen, just because she is the media's darling, doesn't mean that she should be given everything on a plate in racing, she must earn the respect of the other drivers.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1928433)   #9
amier
Racer

amier has been held in scrutiny for further testing
She should be fined for unsporting behaviour! Silly moo!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1928487)   #10
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
The IRL is quite possibly the most boring racing series in the world, I side with Jacques Villeneuve on that one. But at least Danica's playground behaviour is the talk of the race rather than the race itself, makes it more interesting! Go Danica!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:33 (Ref:1928497)   #11
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
The IRL is quite possibly the most boring racing series in the world, I side with Jacques Villeneuve on that one. But at least Danica's playground behaviour is the talk of the race rather than the race itself, makes it more interesting! Go Danica!
Boring?? Depends what your definition of boring is really. In my opinion IRL is alot less boring than Formula 1! We hardly see any passing going on in F1 anymore, whereas in IRL you get a lead change all the time, it is alot less predictable than F1 is! We have to rely on the pitstops in F1 to make it more interesting! I find motorsport interesting, i don't find the strategy that James Allen waffles on about interesting in the slightest! Who cares how much more fuel LH is carrying than FA! It has become more of a strategy game than a proper sport!

2cv racing is 1 of the best forms of circuit racing around, yes they are slow but competitive! I know 2cvs are faster than people think especially racing ones! 80mph heading down towards the 1st corner with nearly no brakes isn't fun!

If you are basing your argument on oval racing as being boring you are very naive!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1928506)   #12
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
Boring?? Depends what your definition of boring is really. In my opinion IRL is alot less boring than Formula 1! We hardly see any passing going on in F1 anymore, whereas in IRL you get a lead change all the time, it is alot less predictable than F1 is!
I assure you I'm not naiive. But I can tell you that the lead changes on every lap in the IRL because all they have to do is turn left slightly on full throttle, slipstreaming is easy. Would you call Michael Schumacher naiive? Because he says he can't understand where the challenge lies if you race on ovals. Now lets not get into this pointless argument as it will become an enormous thread. Back to Danica!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1928507)   #13
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
By the way I love 2CV racing!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1928514)   #14
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Danica is a silly little girl who can't take the heat of IRL racing, so she blames someone else for her own short comings!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1928517)   #15
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looked like a racing incident to me. In the footage I've seen Dan was tough but he held his line, he didn't move down the track like Danica would like to think he did. In fact, there was enough space for her to move down the track too but instead opted for the same piece of real estate than Dan was occupying. Her actions after the race were also unnecessary. Dan may not have made a freind in this race, but it's not like she'll be Miss Popular at this rate.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1928528)   #16
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Wooooooo! Danica bashing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAihpmUVYE

All I can say to this is yeah right!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1928554)   #17
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_kyle
Prima Donna.

I agree that Wheldon was foolish to try that move, but "that's racing" - this stuff happens. Get over it Danica, and get your own back by beating him fair and square on the track.
The problem with that plan is that she can't beat him fair and square on the track.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1928597)   #18
Adie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Adie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a video of the incident. TBH It's a racing incident. Danica could have moved but chose not too - Wheldon took the racing line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n0TMvEHwcY
Old 4 Jun 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1928620)   #19
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racing incident - i thought the same when i saw it live and i still think the same after watching it a few times. Dan is taking his normal line thru that corner, Danica is trying to stay a little higher as she knows Dario is on the inside, but Dan doesn't know that and if he goes higher he's going to hit the marbles and find the wall. She wasn't along side, so it's up to her to make the move cleanly, not for Dan. All she had to do was feather the throttle a bit more, fall in behind Dan and make the move later. No malice or bad driving on anyone's part, it's all part of oval racing.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 17:35 (Ref:1928624)   #20
Rick Mears fan
Rookie

United States
USA
Rick Mears fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She hits/slaps male drivers as she knows that she can get away with it and they can't hit back.

She believes she deserves to win everytime, if she doesn't its a missy fit. Never her fault.

I loved the way Dan said it : She's feeling the pressure because her team mates are winning and she isn't.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1928640)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Watching the incident live I felt nothing extraordinary had happened.

Danica does rather talk and act like a child at times but, hey, that's life. Different people cope in different ways.

To conclude, it is really a storm in a teacup, although I enjoyed Tony's comments in that article!
Old 4 Jun 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1928653)   #22
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amier
She should be fined for unsporting behaviour! Silly moo!
I agree completely -- Danica knows of course that there will be no physical retalition from any male driver when she gets physical, so she takes advantage of that -- and that's hitting below the belt as far as I'm concerned -- so they should fine her about $10,000 and double it each time she does it -- eventually she'll get the message.

Last edited by Bluewolf; 4 Jun 2007 at 18:11.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 19:05 (Ref:1928708)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I take umbrage at that. Danica goes on about being the same as the male racers. So if she dishes it out, Dan Wheldon or whoever have every right to land a punishing haymaker on her in retaliation.

Of course, it would be far preferable if Danica would just stop being pushy.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 20:27 (Ref:1928762)   #24
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, NASCAR drivers -- and crews -- have their physical and POed moments all the time.....it's not that Danica's exacerbation of her frustrations is anythingn we haven't seen before.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1928828)   #25
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
Oh, NASCAR drivers -- and crews -- have their physical and POed moments all the time.....it's not that Danica's exacerbation of her frustrations is anythingn we haven't seen before.
'cept she's female and if any guy strikes back, the PC police would be on said guy's a** in an instant.

I swear, I thought this point was made WELL clear by now.