Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 28 Apr 2003, 17:49 (Ref:583045)   #1
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mosport - favourite vantages?

I have an opportunity to do some promotional photography at Mosport, and was wondering if anyone out there had some favourite spots from which to shoot. I've never been on the other side of the spectator fence to photograph, so I don't know how much it will differ from what I already have.

Hints anyone?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Apr 2003, 18:34 (Ref:583082)   #2
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corner 1 from the outside, corner 3 on the outside. You will need a long lens, minimum 300 mm. If trouble happens in corner 2 you can cover from 3 with long lens. Moss corner at the entry and also at the exit (if they let you)both on the outside. If you have a long lense corner 10 can be good as you can cover corner nine also. Again shoot from the outside. For this corner you should use a 200 or even less and also a 600 mm lens. Nice shot into corner nine, often that is the place the trouble starts. This is a lot of walking, wish I had a dollar for every time I walked around Mosport.
Good luck
Hans.ca
Old 28 Apr 2003, 18:46 (Ref:583094)   #3
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As the track will be closed, I'll be able to drive all over to these spots (with the obvious exception of corner 5, where I'll have to park between 3 and 4 and walk).

I'm also thinking of shooting from turn 6 (outfield) to include the sign, and from slightly downhill of turn 4 to try to get some sky between the car and ground. I'll try to get two cars coming through turn 2 from the bottom of the corner, and on entry / exit of Moss.

I never thought I'd say I miss the old pits, but now I can't hang over and shoot from there... Is there an opening on the bridge?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 May 2003, 21:54 (Ref:594017)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Here's three that I happen to like.

Fuji beat the pants off Kodak, BTW. IMHO, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
08-400.jpg  

-Bill James
Old 8 May 2003, 21:55 (Ref:594020)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Attached Thumbnails
07-400.jpg  

-Bill James
Old 8 May 2003, 21:55 (Ref:594021)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Attached Thumbnails
03-400.jpg  

-Bill James
Old 9 May 2003, 13:18 (Ref:594548)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
This one's for kdr:

Shutterpunch!
Attached Thumbnails
12-400.jpg  

-Bill James