Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 6 May 2013, 08:22 (Ref:3246052)   #26
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was hoping to get across to Donington to see some of the racing yesterday but other things got in the way. Just awful to read, my thoughts with everyone who knew him.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:42.
Old 6 May 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3246053)   #27
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm lost for words to say how I feel. I was with Christian in parc ferme after qualy, he had his little boy with him.

From all the drivers and team at Laranca BMW our condolences to his family and thanks to all the marshalls and emergency services at the scene.

A quite day today reflecting...
Old 6 May 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3246054)   #28
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm choked by this awful news.
All you guys provide such wonderful entertainment, this is a heavy, heavy price. My thoughts and condolences go to Christian's family

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:42.
Old 6 May 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3246055)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is just awful.

I met Christian a few times over the past 2 years and he came across as a really enthusiastic competitor, very capable driver and a great guy to be around. Others have already said as much far more eloquently than I.

So very, very sad.

Condolences to family, friends and team members of those involved and thoughts for the marshals and safety teams who dealt with the incident.

RIP.
Old 7 May 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3246056)   #30
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrible news, our thoughts are with all concerned especially Christians family.

RIP Christian.
Old 7 May 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3246057)   #31
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Terrible news. Our sincerest sympathies go out to all Christian's family and friends
Old 7 May 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3246058)   #32
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Rockingham when this happened and couldn't believe it when I heard. Difficult to add anything meaningful to previous comments other than to say how much I always enjoyed seeing Christian drive and to read his race reports / comments on this forum. His love of, and commitment to, motorsport shone through in both his driving and his words. A great loss. My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:43.
Old 7 May 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3246059)   #33
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My sincere condolences to Mr Devereux’s family.

Rudolf

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:44.
Old 8 May 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3246060)   #34
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All that needs to be said has been said... It's a terrible shame to lose anyone in the motorsport community. R.I.P Christian.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 8 May 2013, 06:20 (Ref:3246061)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terribly sad; sincere condolences to the family.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 May 2013 at 09:44.
Old 8 May 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3246062)   #36
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard about this while here in the USA, and although I never met Christian, my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace Christian.
Old 8 May 2013, 16:16 (Ref:3246063)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Spoke to this gentleman at a previous Donington historic meeting. Very sad news, my condolences to his family.
Old 8 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3246064)   #38
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never knew Christian myself, but when this happens to someone who posted on here, racing in the same sort of club racing that most of us compete in ourselves, in the same sort of cars, then it certainly brings it home to you that's for sure.

We all know the dangers but I, like most others I suppose, always reckon it won't happen to us - this sort of thing makes you realise that it could, but for the grace of God.

Shocking news, and condolences to his family and all who knew him.
Old 11 May 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3246065)   #39
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too, send my deepest sympathy and condolences to all family,friends and all who knew Christian.

I never met him personally but did see him racing and read his posts on this site, and as an ex mini driver myself i have obviously taken an interest in all that has been said.

A very sad and thankfully rare incident in any form of motorsport.
Old 14 May 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3247230)   #40
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Christian's funeral is on Thursday 16th May at 11 am at St Michaels and All Saints Church, London W4 1TT
Old 16 May 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3248499)   #41
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
A very fitting service with stories from his father and friends of his passion for motorsport and life in general and Nina (his wife) read "stop all the clocks" though how I don't know she deserved a medal in my book for that. The church was so full they had to get extra chairs from next door.

Glad I attended though I so wish I hadn't had to. Will raise a glass of wine to him.

RIP Mr D
Old 18 May 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3249465)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
A very fitting service with stories from his father and friends of his passion for motorsport and life in general and Nina (his wife) read "stop all the clocks" though how I don't know she deserved a medal in my book for that. The church was so full they had to get extra chairs from next door.

Glad I attended though I so wish I hadn't had to. Will raise a glass of wine to him.

RIP Mr D
Thanks Claire, very well put.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3449351)   #43
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure how many people here are aware of this so I thought it was worth a small post.

I took some exercise around Donington today and discovered the commemorative Oak Tree sapling planted in Christian's memory complete with an accompanying brass plaque. A well presented tribute.

It is, of course, at Coppice corner.

I hope it grows well in coming years.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3449442)   #44
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thankyou for that.

Nice tribute that will hopefully grow strong and long.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3449443)   #45
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed that it's a thoughtful and appropriate gesture, which those of us who knew Christian will, I'm sure, approve.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3449447)   #46
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Agreed that it's a thoughtful and appropriate gesture, which those of us who knew Christian will, I'm sure, approve.
Agreed
Old 5 May 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3534352)   #47
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

I spent the late afternoon yesterday at Coppice and checked on the memorial for Christian. This year's leaves are just appearing.

It was 2 years ago today.

2 years already ... hard to believe.

Grant