Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2008, 06:03 (Ref:2262987)   #26
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent action over the weekend at Winton. McCashney was demon fast, but Kemal, Lawrence, Clews, Gowans, Rapa and Lowe all put on a great show.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2262993)   #27
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
MrX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh you got to love the weather at Winton dont you, NOT. Anyway i also thought it was a fair weekend of racing. Felt sorry for the punters sleeping at the track though... you can have that!

Couple of things came to my attention though... Ward himself still isnt racing, when is he going to pay his fine to CAMS and get back behind the wheel? Considering his series management agreement is up in a few years you would think that he would be doing everything he can to keep on the good side of CAMS wouldnt you?

Ben McCashney had a very very fast car on the weekend. Did i say "very"? I wont speculate or claim to know anything but i can tell you now there is a few poeple asking questions because that thing was fast!

Lawrence and Lowe were driving well... Gowans and Clews were also on the money but Kemal looked like he still had them sorted. Kemal with grey hair and a bad dose of the flu started to resemble someone i see in the mirror each morning but didnt take away from his pace on the weekend.

Looking forward to Indy this year as i will be heading up there for the first time. See if i can get a beer out of me-ol-mate Wardy hehe
Old 7 Aug 2008, 05:23 (Ref:2264900)   #28
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrX
Ben McCashney had a very very fast car on the weekend. Did i say "very"? I wont speculate or claim to know anything but i can tell you now there is a few poeple asking questions because that thing was fast!
Apparently the McCashney car was consistently about 5-10km/h faster than the rest of the field at the radar gun being used for a bit of 'investigating' by the ARC category manager.

Allegedly...
Old 3 Oct 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2303264)   #29
# 1
Rookie

# 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winton

Most cars go around a track fairly quickly when you point them in the right direction unlike some of the gurus who drive Aussie race cars like dogs on lino or like there tryes are covered in oil " You know what i mean"
Old 3 Oct 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2303724)   #30
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won

Quote:
Originally Posted by # 1
Most cars go around a track fairly quickly when you point them in the right direction unlike some of the gurus who drive Aussie race cars like dogs on lino or like there tryes are covered in oil " You know what i mean"
#1 post there #1...but why don't ya tell us how you really think

Welcome...
Old 3 Oct 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2303753)   #31
# 1
Rookie

What i really think is that some people that think (mention no names Mr X we will call him for now) they know about motorpsort clearly have there heads in the sand alot of the time and its probably because they are stuck in a gravel trap upside down because they didnt realise a car needs to be set up to get through corners
Old 9 Oct 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2307947)   #32
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok we are all over the personal attacks so I am going to spread good news.... it could be considered promotion....

For everyone heading to Indy you have to keep an eye out for car 30 driven by Aaron Fitzgerald, it will be easy to spot.... its PINK... Aaron has had his car repainted for this one event to support the Cancer Councils and Pink Ribbon Day which is for breast cancer awareness. Pink Ribbon Day is monday 27th October (the day after Indy) so everyone should buy merchandise (or just donate money).

And for those that dont know, guys can get breast cancer too, so dont think it cant happen to you, dig deep and support the Cancer Council. The team will greatfully accept any donations and pass them on.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2307976)   #33
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C,mon TC positive posts are against the thread rules......

Well done Aaron, a good cause.

I will certainly keep an eye out for the pink bits at Indy.
Maybe Anna Bligh can get a tie in here with Pink Ribbon Day. Anyone caught flashing breasts at Indy could be fined a gold coin donation. They'd rake it in.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2308003)   #34
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
We can not have good news stories in this thread TC like Muznik is saying, but its good to see that there are people who are trying to help where they can for a good cause. I will be up at Indy and i will be opening my wallet for Aaron Fitzgerald and his cause. Kudos to you Aaron there is never enough money going to cancer research!!!

Anyway... its been a long time since the matchbox warriors have been about banging panels, even better is that there next outing is going to be in the concrete jungle of Indy with some people who have never raced up there… will be interesting to say the least.

My predictions for the weekends racing within ARC;

Kemal will smash them as he always seems to do at Indy. McCashney will be up his rear pushing his rear bar and with the seasons form so far with Clews, Gowans and Lawrence all charging will see some awesome racing. I will even say more entertaining than the Indy cars themselves.

McCashney will have an engine that will be 10-15kph faster than everyone else but he will be frustrated with the fact that he can not drive like everyone else

Ward will probably get drunk and want to fight or argue with someone because his ego will be dampened by someone

People will ask lots of questions and get no answers about the "Nascup" cars because no one has bought one yet that i can confirm

My questions for the weekends racing…

Will we finally see the Toyota Aurion?
Will Phil Ward be racing or has he not paid his last fine?

X is back… back again… guess whose back… tell a friend… X is back, X is back, X is back, X is back…
Old 10 Oct 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2308004)   #35
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony C
For everyone heading to Indy you have to keep an eye out for car 30 driven by Aaron Fitzgerald, it will be easy to spot.... its PINK... Aaron has had his car repainted for this one event to support the Cancer Councils and Pink Ribbon Day which is for breast cancer awareness. Pink Ribbon Day is monday 27th October (the day after Indy) so everyone should buy merchandise (or just donate money).

And for those that dont know, guys can get breast cancer too, so dont think it cant happen to you, dig deep and support the Cancer Council. The team will greatfully accept any donations and pass them on.
Can I get my pink bits signed? NO IM JUST KIDDING!!!

I will be round with my donation thursday morning....
Old 10 Oct 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2308020)   #36
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full credit to aaron and the team. this is a great way to promote this cause and once again the motorsport community will pull together for a good cause as they always seem to do.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2312777)   #37
# 1
Rookie

Hi all

Great work by Aaron to be promoting the Breast Cancer Awareness cause, maybe he could team up with McCashneys team who have been supporting Breast Cancer Awareness for the past 2 years. I know for a fact they do a lot of work away from the track for this cause and also with the Variety club helping kids with cancer becuase i have been on the end of there genoristy

Mr X i hope you enjoy Indy, its a long way from Wangaratta, obviosuly you didnt go last year because McCashney actually won the round and broke the lap record and you should get your stop watch out and see if your comments about the straight line are correct instead of speculating all the time i think you may be surprised, and i am sure if you were to ask Paul Kemal himself about McCashneys driving it would be interesting to see his response.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2312908)   #38
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You will definatly see the Aurion at indy as James Ward has been working well past midnight for the last few weeks and I have painted evey thing except the bonnet which will be painted tomorrow.
There is a official release on RPM saturday.
Now James Ward will not race at Indy as of this afternoon his Fiancee went into labour expecting there first child tonight. Many congratulations to James and his little family
Old 15 Oct 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2313475)   #39
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
[quote=# 1]obviosuly you didnt go last year because McCashney actually won the round and broke the lap record and you should get your stop watch out and see if your comments about the straight line are correct instead of speculatingquote]

No need for speculation... its obvious and everyone knows it. Its easy to brake lap records when you have a faster engine than everyone else
Old 16 Oct 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2313601)   #40
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to James and Leonne on having a baby girl this morning.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2313715)   #41
EMR39

James and Leonne, that's wonderful news! congratulations from all of us up here! I'm sure you will be well represented at indy mate

Old 16 Oct 2008, 20:47 (Ref:2314206)   #42
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
congratulations to james and the family and i hope all are well.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 02:43 (Ref:2315587)   #43
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
how awesome does the new toyota body look! full credit to all the people involved in the design and production of the car. should be a real good shot in the arm for the series.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 03:07 (Ref:2315590)   #44
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so where is a pic.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2316188)   #45
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
it was launched on rpm on sunday
Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:03 (Ref:2316310)   #46
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
so where is a pic.
http://www.aussieracingcars.com.au/

Pic 08 is a screen grab off RPM.

Looks impressive.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:16 (Ref:2316314)   #47
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
It definately looks the part... i wonder if there is any aero advantage or disadvantage compared to the other body shapes? I wonder if this also means that anyone can now have the commodore body shell?
Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:46 (Ref:2316329)   #48
Also a Believer
Veteran

Mr X, you seem to have your finger on the pulse of this series, I read this and other threads about Aussie race cars with interest and note that there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction and accusations with reference to preferential treatment. What I don't understand is why if all this is so the competitors seem to take it laying down. Can you enlighten us.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2316335)   #49
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
The dissatisfaction and accusations seem to be dominating in any conversations about Aussie Racing Cars for numerous reasons. I think to maintain transparency it would be better for you to maybe speak to some of the series previously participating drivers and ask them why they are no longer apart of it.

The reason for this alias "MrX" and the reason why people will not speak up about the injustices, the ability of the creator to unjustly single out or judge eligibility on those who speak out against him. You will not find a single driver in the current series prepared to speak out against him but you only need to speak to those no longer participating to find out the real reasons.

The sad reality is that the racing in this class is brilliant, the cars a brilliant and the concept from a racing perspective is brilliant. I just can not stand the lacklustre and poor quality management from a poor quality individual currently running the series.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 02:19 (Ref:2316338)   #50
Also a Believer
Veteran

Would it not be possible for all those that own cars and still have them to start another series, provided a suitable series could be found. As you say the racing is so good they themselves could be the draw card.