Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Dec 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2355889)   #326
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Double post, sorry
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2355910)   #327
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
OH! it appears that just because I have expressed an opinion (see above) then it's automatically BS. Thereby proving my point, shall we go on to the part where you point out that governments invest in street races because they don't benefit motorsport. Qoute" The promotion of motorsport is about the last reason they invest" end quote.
Perhaps you should take heed of the old saying "it is better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and confirm the fact".
Play the post and not the person. Argue against the benefits. Support your opinion, if you can

and dont misquote me

It is not and has never been and should never be the role of governments to promote motorsport. that is the Job of CAMS to a lessor extent the tracks(because it is to their benefit to increase customers) to promoters (because it is to their benefit to increase customers.)

Neither the tracks or the promoters truly care about motorsport though, but rather getting increased customers is their goal and if another track or promoter is screwed to make that happen then bad luck (its sounds business principal). We see evidence of this in the very thread through whinging about the v8s getting some government money or other tracks should have put in a proposal( and yes i know TC has done the same thing)
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2355924)   #328
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
Play the post and not the person. Argue against the benefits. Support your opinion, if you can

and dont misquote me

)
How did I misquote you? I simply cut and pasted your words. You're the one playing the person not the post. Getting a little too hot in the kitchen for you Pecky?
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2355930)   #329
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Argue against the benefits. Support your opinion, if you can

stop playing the man, two posts in a row

Surely there are some reasons you think there is no benefit
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:27 (Ref:2355934)   #330
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Look backwards through the thread, for my reasons. A little more proof of the fact.
Please explain how I misquoted you, support your statement.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2355941)   #331
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
shall we go on to the part where you point out that governments invest in street races because they don't benefit motorsport. Qoute" The promotion of motorsport is about the last reason they invest" end quote.
here we have the misquote, at no point did i say or intend "governments invest in street races because they don't benefit motorsport"

I said "The promotion of motorsport is about the last reason they invest" end quote."

they are clearly differnt comments.

It is possibly that there are other reaosn even lower that governments invest though.

So by you not being able to debate my points on the benefits of street races, i can only assume that you admit there are benefits taht you had never thought of and you have realised that you are Wro... wroo.. wroon. wroo. You know the word
Old 16 Dec 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2356036)   #332
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Shanghai. 600 million to build and unbelievable in the flesh...
And that circuit can't draw a crowd either.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2356063)   #333
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, for heaven's sake, now we're having a fight about who's right about what the other one said. I'm almost minded to delete that lot and I'd probably be justified in warns for off-topic. I don't want to inflame things further, so put it behind you and let's get on with normal posting. Nobody was singled out in the first place, just pointing out that it wasn't going too well.

The topic, may I remind you, is the new layout, and I doubt that's even been mentioned since page 1.
Old 16 Dec 2008, 23:12 (Ref:2356482)   #334
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Guys, for heaven's sake, now we're having a fight about who's right about what the other one said. I'm almost minded to delete that lot and I'd probably be justified in warns for off-topic. I don't want to inflame things further, so put it behind you and let's get on with normal posting. Nobody was singled out in the first place, just pointing out that it wasn't going too well.

The topic, may I remind you, is the new layout, and I doubt that's even been mentioned since page 1.

Woolley, if you look closely I think you'll find it got a mention on page 6 as well.

Does anybody have any suggestions for an alternative layout for EC that would be fiscally responsible and achievable without disrupting the current 362 odd day a year utilisation?

It might be an idea not to mention who's paying for it (rather like the war)
Old 17 Dec 2008, 02:23 (Ref:2356536)   #335
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
Woolley, if you look closely I think you'll find it got a mention on page 6 as well.

Does anybody have any suggestions for an alternative layout for EC that would be fiscally responsible and achievable without disrupting the current 362 odd day a year utilisation?

It might be an idea not to mention who's paying for it (rather like the war)
I hear the biscuit factory is looking to expand... a big Tim Tam line down the main straight would be a fiscally responsible use of the space!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Dec 2008, 04:15 (Ref:2356549)   #336
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I hear the biscuit factory is looking to expand... a big Tim Tam line down the main straight would be a fiscally responsible use of the space!

Oh that's just mean - I almost coughed up my iced vo vo reading it...

How about some layout amendments aimed at the purpose for which it was created - and no I don't mean pinching events from Victoria.
Old 17 Dec 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2356560)   #337
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could start by running the circuit in the opposite direction. It is a much better racetrack going clockwise.
If they made the circuit clockwise they could also fix up the shortcut between what is now turns 4 and 9 and make a short circuit as well.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 17 Dec 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2356677)   #338
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I did mention the fact that I'd like to see a 3D model of the layout and the reasons for wanting to see it on page 20, post 290. Quote... I'd like to see a 3D model of the proposed extensions, I wonder just how much of the track you'd be able to see from the new spectator positions and how much of the extended track you'd be able to see from the old spectator positions. One of the great points about OP is the amount of track you can see from just about anywhere.
I tried to stay on topic, but have been told 'your wrong" too many times. I'd like to see the track improved and have stated my reasons quite a few times, frankly I'm over this thread and the treatment of those trying to be positive about the expansion and the abandonment of any further street races. Thanks for the discussion guys, Merry Christmas to all, including Pecky and RR
Old 17 Dec 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2356700)   #339
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
They could start by running the circuit in the opposite direction. It is a much better racetrack going clockwise.
If they made the circuit clockwise they could also fix up the shortcut between what is now turns 4 and 9 and make a short circuit as well.
As long as you can still run in the current direction, it might be good for a change but I like the flat out run through turn 1 and the extremely late braking duels into turn 2. Having different directions would be good for multiple rounds of a championship if other tracks are not possible.

Jeff
Old 17 Dec 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2357332)   #340
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Good idea. Has anyone seen a 3D model to give some sort of idea as to how good spectating might be on the 3 alternatives?