Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Nov 2008, 21:41 (Ref:2331218)   #26
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Where will Mr Skaife fit into the commentary box next season?

...emptying the bins & getting the lunch orders.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2331256)   #27
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought that was funny when they were interviewing Skaife after he had a shocker... "So when are you going to take up a position in the commentary box?" ... and all we got back was a laugh!
Old 9 Nov 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2331258)   #28
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And don't you love how Mr Addison says Baaaaccchhhhhrain?

I felt like sending him some cough lollies!!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 10 Nov 2008, 06:33 (Ref:2331362)   #29
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Addison was good, his only downside was that, like a lot of UK people, their words tend to run into each other so it can often be difficult to understand him completely.

This is coming from someone who has an Irish wife and Scottish mates, so I can imagine people without very good TV speakers or surround sound might struggle with him a bit.

But overall, very good performance.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2331374)   #30
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test
I thought that was funny when they were interviewing Skaife after he had a shocker... "So when are you going to take up a position in the commentary box?" ... and all we got back was a laugh!
He actually said "no, not today".
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2332834)   #31
Tucky70
Rookie

Australia
Qld
Tucky70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So is this just a one round deal for Addison? I hope not, he's a million times better than Matthew White.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2332884)   #32
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky70
So is this just a one round deal for Addison? I hope not, he's a million times better than Matthew White.
Well no, a million times zero is zero...

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2333005)   #33
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was better than White but that's really not saying much. It was nice for a change but I wouldn't want to see him there full time, he wasn't that good.
Old 11 Nov 2008, 10:44 (Ref:2333010)   #34
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Raceonly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad Mr White is gone. Getting a bit like Top Gear where the UK version is better than the Aussie one by a country mile. Still. Neil is good value and it would be good to have some more ex drivers, such as Skaife and Brad Jones joining Larkham and Crompton in commentary. Speaking of Skaife, while I never liked his arrogance, he was a class act, and a clean driver I will miss.
Old 12 Nov 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2333624)   #35
dmcl
Racer

dmcl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as I now approach my mid 40s, am I the only one who keeps being reminded of a mid 80s us tv show "Moonlighting", which of course starred Bruce Willis as "David Addison"???????
ok ok, its off topic, but when youre twice the age of the average poster in here ( & then some pro racer) we sometimes look at things differently

Old 17 Nov 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2336201)   #36
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree that David Addison is a huge improvement over Matthew White, but he's not the second coming. He talked over Neil Crompton way too much and acted like he was the cheif commentator and anchorman, which i dearly hope he was not.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2336220)   #37
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I agree with most of the comments, Mr Addison did a reasonably good job and hopefully they will use him again.
However, it made me think of just how few really good commentators we have broadcasting motorsport not only here in Australia, but overseas as well. One exception is John Hindhough, from Radio Le Mans.
Surely, it mustn't be that hard to find somebody, who can bring a bit of passion/excitement/knowledge to the commentary, without boring us to tears with BS.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2336614)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're struggling to understand David Addison, I can't imagine how anyone gets on with Hindy!

I agree, though, both top class commentators and we're lucky enough to have David doing circuit commentary at many of the major events here (as well as a lot of minor ones).
Old 19 Nov 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2337334)   #39
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I agree that David Addison is a huge improvement over Matthew White, but he's not the second coming. He talked over Neil Crompton way too much and acted like he was the cheif commentator and anchorman, which i dearly hope he was not.
At least we could hear him! At the IPRA Nationals I couldn't hear you at all, David.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 19 Nov 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2337422)   #40
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
At least we could hear him! At the IPRA Nationals I couldn't hear you at all, David.
Hmmm, a few people told me the commentary was coming through loud and clear and a few others said they couldnt hear a thing..................
Old 22 Nov 2008, 05:21 (Ref:2339320)   #41
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The quality of the commentary needs to improve.
Matt White is a peanut, he offers nothing but an annoyingly scratchy voice to the telecast and occasionally clarifies the obvious (thanks Matt, we can see what you see, we don't need you to tell us)
Addison was fantastic, much needed culture, flair, experience and knowledge added - bring him back 7!

Crompton has his place as a 'special comments' commentary member, but the 2-man commentary team for 2009 should really be Addison/Skaife
Old 22 Nov 2008, 06:44 (Ref:2339345)   #42
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Bad luck, looks like Addison was only hired because it was an overseas race. Maybe overseas races aren't such a bad thing after all! My pick would be Crompton/Addison/Skaife/Larkham/Brad Jones.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2339346)   #43
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe next year we can get White to stay with TT and get someone decent in the booth.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2339857)   #44
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know about Addison, he reminded me too much of that ****** that does the superbikes on foxtel that talks all over steve martin and goes into a 2 lap long rant about how fantastic the would be race winner is which progressively gets louder and louder until your ears begin to bleed and you feel little popping sensations in your brain and the they cross the line and fair dinkum only a dog could hear what the idiot is saying. Nice for a one off, better than matty white and lee diffey combined but as far as a regular, put him in pit lane somewhere. As for the com booth, well, Id love to see Skaifey and Cromley in the chair, with Brad Jones and Larko doing special commentary, and maybe that Addison fella and the little terrier weatherman grant denyer in the pit lane. How is maddog going anyway? Is he up and about yet?
Old 23 Nov 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2339869)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceonly
My pick would be Crompton/Addison/Skaife/Larkham/Brad Jones.
That would mean there were 3 more people in the commentary box than in the stands at Bahrain

Your suggestion would provide an awesome lineup.... could #7/VESA TV afford all those people?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Nov 2008, 01:42 (Ref:2339885)   #46
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceonly
My pick would be Crompton/Addison/Skaife/Larkham/Brad Jones.
Glenn Seton would be another good choice.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 04:41 (Ref:2339925)   #47
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza027
...How is maddog going anyway? Is he up and about yet?
Ch.7 just had a promo for TT (for Monday??) - It has an item on Denyer - showed him wearing a body brace.

Should be interesting viewing (for a change!)
Old 23 Nov 2008, 06:24 (Ref:2339955)   #48
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Well, maybe for bathurst. I was thinking of a pool from which to choose. Unfortunately, for too long 7 and 10 have traditionally favoured the shallow end of the talent pool, with rare exceptions
Old 13 Dec 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2354078)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know I am getting old & forgetful, but I dont remember This on #10
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Dec 2008, 11:43 (Ref:2354140)   #50
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or this on Seven.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyuqi1...eature=related