Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Sep 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2540461)   #26
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Whoa this is a healthy debate.

I have always with a few years off now and again had my Race TR4 road legal. Like LAK says ideal for checking things over to see if they have worked if you have just fixed something. My car/s are very modded compared to LAK's and yep they can be a pain in the ass if court in traffic. But when ever I take them out it is going to be on a sunday blast on a road I know is deserted.

As for the brake thing I don't really get that. The brakes on my 4 (full carbon metallic race pads) stop the thing quickier than you could possibly imagine and same for the TR6 with has Huge AP race stuff with race pad (not as aggressive as the 4's but alot bigger as car is heavier).

These cars are prepared / service way beyond 90% of the cars you will encounter on the road, so should be fine for the road. I am not saying I drive to the track any more (once drove from Cadwell many moons back in tr4 with no roof when our hired trailer people at the time just shut for the day when we went to get it!), from Swindon to Cadwell!

It was fine. Did Thirsk to Swindon fine to in it.

We don't have them on the road at the moment but 4 will be soon (fresh engine) and I can't wait for those early sunday morning blasts round Surrey!!

Griff will be Full Race but road legal too (but even though "on the road") this is just for the odd blast on nice days (not to and from tracks - not the way I push them). If you have something interesting like this God there is a whole country side to play about in!!!!!!!!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2540495)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
All the cars on Tour Britannia are obviously road registered.
Most are proper race cars so why do you people with road registered cars not enter the Tour?A seasons fun in a week.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 15:07 (Ref:2540508)   #28
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
All the cars on Tour Britannia are obviously road registered.
Most are proper race cars so why do you people with road registered cars not enter the Tour?A seasons fun in a week.
Followed a chap home from Thruxton yesterday in a D-Type replica that last year we raced against each othe ron track and this year he is doing this type of stuff. Says it is harder keeping these things going (not on a safety stand point) for 400miles rather than 20 min Srpint races.

Perfectly save (more than most road cars).

Don't know much about these things but presume alot more don't do them cos the are price so they have the amount the want + it is just not the same as balls out sprint 20 - 1 hr min type racing?
Old 14 Sep 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2540595)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have obviously never seen the cars going from one venue to the next!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2540601)   #30
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre Rattler View Post
How many other novices would find the requirement to run a trailer sufficient to keep them out of racing?
Old 14 Sep 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2540606)   #31
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Thomason (Triumph Spitfire HSCC 70's Roadsports) was the most dedicated Road-driver I ever saw. Used to turn up to meetings with a trailer on the back full of spares/wheels/tent etc, uncouple it, unbolt the towbar/electrics etc., change the wheels, race and then go about putting it all back together again. Usually he won his class too!

I think it was on a journey from Surrey to Cadwell that his overdrive failed, so he turned around, drove home, changed the overdrive overnight, got back in the car and drove to Cadwell ... and won his class. He won the Championship outright, twice I think. Car was always beautifully prepared, and he was quick driver and nice bloke too!
Old 14 Sep 2009, 17:23 (Ref:2540609)   #32
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
According to Joyce Swan she amazingly toes a caravan behind her race car to events, that must surely top it all! http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...770&styleid=28
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2540919)   #33
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
You have obviously never seen the cars going from one venue to the next!
Are you implying breaking Speed limits - I should hope not
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2540923)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would I ever!
Old 15 Sep 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2540934)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Fred Moss used to drive his De Tomaso Pantera to all the meetings loaded up with all the usual racing stuff and wheels n tyres. I don't know how he managed as he had no rear or n/s vision. He would do the race change back to the road wheels and go merrily on his way !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !