Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1340867)   #1
Guss
Racer

Guss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Racing More Determined Than Ever

From Racenews.com

Team Kiwi Racing
Jun 27 2005
TEAM KIWI RACING MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER

Team Kiwi Racing boss David John says he is more determined now than he has ever been to see Team Kiwi Racing win races in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship after the Kiwi team’s recent podium finish in front of a global audience of 75 countries and over 700 million homes worldwide at the recent 5th round of the Australian V8 Supercar Championship in Shanghai, China.

Team Kiwi Racing and their sponsors (many of whom have been with the team from the very start) are very excited with the development of New Zealand’s very own V8 Supercar team over the last four years to now see the All Black TKR machine a front-running competitor in the highly competitive Australian V8 Supercar Championship.

From day one John and his team said it would take four years of hard work and determination to put together a competitive New Zealand V8 Supercar team.

If this year’s results to date are anything to go by, then John and his team are right on track with that prediction.

“The last four years have all been about learning the race tracks, the characteristics of a V8 Supercar, knowing what to spend money on and what not to, raising the skill level of our staff, securing the right technical partnerships and putting together the best possible package to represent New Zealand on the international stage’’ said John.

To his credit, John has stood firm on achieving the goals he set out 4 years ago despite the rising costs of competing in the Championship that have doubled in recent years and is determined to see his initial commitment to the New Zealand public, sponsors and team members achieved with great success.

He has sold 25% of the TKR business to raise the additional funds to allow the team to purchase the very best equipment they could possibly do so this year, and to secure the services of Dual-World Touring Car Champion Paul Radisich, who is regarded as one of New Zealand’s best-ever motorsport drivers.

Such a decision to sell 25% of the TKR business and REINVEST the funds directly back into the team means John wont see any of the sale proceeds end up in his own pocket but has definitely seen TKR achieve their commitment they set four years ago.

“David is very focused on achieving the high goals he has set himself and is a person who does not back down from a challenge” says team driver Paul Radisich.

“I first saw David’s drive and determination first-hand when I put to him what I required to be secured prior to me joining TKR, and for what would have taken most Team Owners months, if at all to put in place, David had all I asked for in place within a week to my absolute surprise”.

John and Radisich obviously have a healthy respect for each other.

‘’Paul has definitely made a big difference to what TKR has been able to achieve, he has kept up his side of the deal by providing the strong results so far this year in return for everything he asked to be put together prior to his signing with TKR” commented David John.

“It is a real pleasure to be involved with a driver who understands that any relationship is a two way street which shows Radisich’s maturity as a professional racecar driver. He sets such a high standard which in return has seen myself more determined than ever to provide Radisich and the rest of the team with whatever it takes to continue our success in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship as the series expands globally’’.

Team Kiwi Racing have achieved a Pole Position, numerous Top Ten results in both qualifying and races, and have also stood upon the podium this season even before the team’s new engine development and new technical developments have arrived, which are yet to be added to the TKR machine between now and the years end.

“Paul, Bernie, the teams sponsors, and I would love to win races consistently and give ourselves the best possible chance of winning the Australian Championship’’

‘’We have come a long way over the last four years and the future is very exciting for Team Kiwi Racing and our sponsors especially with the renewed level of determination to be the first ever Kiwi V8 Supercar team to not only win a race in the Championship but to be the first ever Kiwi V8 Supercar team to win the Australian V8 Supercar Championship outright, in the same way Team New Zealand won the Americas Cup” says John.

John and his team have obviously set themselves extremely high goals to achieve but if past history is anything to go by, TKR are a team that would be worth putting a few dollars on that they will achieve whatever goals they set themselves.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1340888)   #2
RODWALLOPER
Rookie

RODWALLOPER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does tkr have a race team or is it pmm in disguise.you see a lot of pmm staff swapping shirts on race weekends.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1340900)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that TKR is going to ditch #021 in a few years time. I think the new number could be #1.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1341826)   #4
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RODWALLOPER FYI

TKR still have their number one mechanic who stated with them from day one working on the TKR car, Martin Collins is the Team Manager who has also been with TKR from day one, David John is the Team Owner who provides the funding to pay TKR's way, Gene Rollinson is a junior staff member and Ian Hepinstall looks after the TKR PR.

TKR also own their own car which they purchased from PMM along with the spares and spare engines etc they also own.

TKR have just purchased a transporter for merchandise sales in Australia of which further TKR staff are emloyed to look after. They also have merchandise transporters and promotional cars including a second V8 Supercar in New Zealand.

Don't get me wrong the PMM relationship is very important for TKR as it is for PMM but TKR definately still have their own staff and pay their own way.

Surely you didn't think they were getting a free ride.

You will note at pit stops for the TKR car and PMM car there are two TKR and two PMM staff on the tyre change duties at all times regardless of what car is in for the pit stop.

This is what the relationship between TKR and PMM was albout. Finding synergies that benefits both teams and sharing the costs of staff and development.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1343348)   #5
RODWALLOPER
Rookie

thanks evomike
so the two teams are like the sbr operation different sponsors but sharing personal and infustructure.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 22:26 (Ref:1343351)   #6
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Old 30 Jun 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1343515)   #7
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
No that is not correct RODWALLOPER.

TKR and PMM are two separately financed teams with each team owning their own franchise, cars, spares etc and that neither has any control over the others.

There are two separate owners being Mr John who owns TKR and Mr Morris who owns PMM where as SBR is owned by the Stone Brothers as one identity.

Both teams pay funding to employ a certain level of staff for their own operations.

The common area is engine supply and development of which both teams contribute to separately.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1344289)   #8
RODWALLOPER
Rookie

so how does team kiwi run the car (do they use pmm staff )as you said they only employ one mechanic mike.
who is the engineer ,tyre guy,no2 mechanic and the blonde lady we see on tv with the head set on talking to the rat.
Old 30 Jun 2005, 22:54 (Ref:1344313)   #9
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by RODWALLOPER
so how does team kiwi run the car (do they use pmm staff )as you said they only employ one mechanic mike.
who is the engineer ,tyre guy,no2 mechanic and the blonde lady we see on tv with the head set on talking to the rat.
and the point you are trying to make is????
Old 1 Jul 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1344345)   #10
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,15781374-23770,00.html

Rat on edge of pack
By Ray Kershler
July 1, 2005

THERE is insufficient evidence, as yet, to suggest The Rat is back.

But he is sniffing around.

Paul Radisich is honest enough to admit there was a large amount of luck involved in his podium position in the previous round of the V8 Supercar championship over in Shanghai.

Yet the Kiwi's performance in qualifying and the three subsequent races indicates a consistency which has confounded the cynics who wrote him and his team off at the start of the season.

After parting company with Dick Johnson Racing and the Betta Electrical team, Radisich's move to the low-profile Team Kiwi Racing was seen by many as the first step to a comfortable retirement.

Two world touring car championships and a New Zealand grand prix victory proceeded Radisich to DJR, where some tremendous highs and disappointing lows peppered his four-year stint.

But with Greg Murphy's winning performances at Bathurst and Pukekohe hogging the headlines recently, Radisich was in danger of becoming the forgotten Kiwi in the championship.

Radisich, now 42, conceded he was disappointed and shocked to find himself unemployed at the end of 2004 when he left Betta Electrical.

But at least he was not without prospects.

"That's the way it goes. It's a commercial world," said Radisich yesterday.
"I had to pick myself up and dust myself off. Yes, I found myself unemployed but I did have opportunities and offers on the table.

"It wasn't as if I was not going to be in the championship this year.

"I had to sit down and look at what was in front of me.

"They weren't offers from Stone Brothers or the Holden Dealer Team.

"So I had to look at what was best for me and that was the Team Kiwi deal, which was going to be a very strong prospect on and off the track.

"People at the time thought I'd lost my marbles."

The key factor for Radisich was not any ties that bind him to his homeland but rather the co-operation between Paul Morris Motorsport and TKR - a technical alliance in which the teams chipped in and shared development costs between them.

"They had been working on a development program for a long time. These things don't happen in five minutes so to be able to tap into that sort of program experience was something money can't buy," Radisich said.

"I would never have signed a contract with [the old] Team Kiwi," he said.

"They had no runs on the board. Craig Baird had done a magnificent job with old cars and old engines but the team was really run on other people's generosity.

"But with the merging of Team Kiwi and Paul Morris Motorsport, they now had the ingredients to become something special.

"And when it happens in reality it's brilliant."

Radisich's third place in China has lifted him to eighth in the V8 championship, a substantial boost from his 19th at the end of 2004.

But he remains pragmatic.

"The China result was very encouraging for the smaller teams - particularly as I think TKR is the smallest team out there.

"It does show the little guys can compete and that's good for the category.

"This is a consolidating year, a year to show we can be competitive."

"We had a very lucky break in China.

"The car was strong for fifth or sixth. It wasn't third.

"But when two guys ran into one another it lifted us onto the podium.

"So there's still a lot of work to be done to be a consistent podium performer."

The Daily Telegraph

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 1 Jul 2005, 00:21 (Ref:1344350)   #11
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
By the way I never said they only employ one mechanic RODWALLOPER. I said they have a number of staff who have been with them from day one and mentioned Mike Sentch in particular as well as Martin Collins as these guys are well known to TKR supporters like me.

However I have done further investigation since your last post and and can confirm that there are two seperate race crews, one for TKR and one for PMM with a joint technical and development partnership as was mentioned previously.

The lady you are refering to is Stacey. Stacey is part of the TKR race crew and collects all the data for TKR on race weekends. The PMM data is collected by Joel Binnie.

Paul Seprinich is the engineer for the TKR car and the PMM car is engineered by Ryan McLeod. (Seprinich however is the engineer who designed both the chassis' for the TKR and PMM cars).

The tyre guy for the TKR car is Rosco who works for Raztrans during the week and does the tyres for TKR on race weekends. The PMM tyre guy is Don but i am not sure of his sir name.

The second mechanic on the TKR car is Phil and the second mechanic on the PMM car is Shane.

Obviously there are no free rides at this level of competition and i am sure that if TKR did not pay their own way then we would not be seeing a TKR crew at the race track each week just in the same way as i am sure you would not turn up to work if you did not get paid to do so.

So as you can see 2 seperate engineers being Seprinich for TKR and McLeod for PMM along with two seprate data staff, two seperate franchise owners being Mr John who owns TKR and Mr Morris who owns PMM along with seperate sponsorship arrangements.

Hope this helps RODWALLOPER as either PMM have an excess of staff and or the staff levels are in line with a seperate TKR crew and seperate PMM crew.
Old 1 Jul 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1344616)   #12
RODWALLOPER
Rookie

Hey evo mike on the pmm website it says that ceprinich has worked for pmm since 2001 and is the tecnical manager .I understand the seperate race crew deal and am sure that tkr do pay there way or morris would not let them have his top man working on the rats car.I just wanted to know how the deal worked.are pmm responsible for running the race car in exchange for a fee .simalar to what larko did with the stones and tratty with larry.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1345088)   #13
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
RODWALLOPER i can not comment on the Larko and Stones or Tratty and Larry deals as i do not follow these teams at all.

However i can say with renewed clarity that Seprinich does work for PMM as technical manager as you have pointed to oversee new engineering and development projects but on race weekends he is the engineer for the TKR. I believe this was part of the negotiations prior to both teams joining forces at which time Ryan McLeod was appointed engineer for the PMM car and Barry Jones was no longer required by TKR.

As for how or who funds what i guess we will never know 100% and really it is not our position to need to know this either.

It is just great to see two new teams doing well in the Championship and in particular for me to see the Rat back up their at the front of the grid.
Old 2 Jul 2005, 00:55 (Ref:1345097)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Ceprnich is a very good operator... not sure who this Seprinich dude is though
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Jul 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1345326)   #15
RODWALLOPER
Rookie

Yes it is great to see the rat and the dude up there i think they will be a big chance for the enduro races.they raced together in the audi bathurst 98.I think the dude even out qualified team leader brad jones.good result today for the two cars.

How will the brand the two cars for bathurst and sandown
Old 19 Dec 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2358544)   #16
kiwi butt
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Papatoetoe
kiwi butt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see the Team Sheep story is still the same after all these years

This note could have equally been written yesterday as 3 years ago

Go Davey John.. is that like Crazy John?
Old 21 Dec 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2359425)   #17
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi butt
Nice to see the Team Sheep story is still the same after all these years

This note could have equally been written yesterday as 3 years ago

Go Davey John.. is that like Crazy John?
Huh? I'm confused? What are you trying to imply?