Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Dec 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1799728)   #26
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ASIC info

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

You have obviously misread the context of the use of the ASIC websites too, where events that happened in past years are missing from the event trail. I dont recall putting out a press release with the wrong factual information in it... I shall leave that for other people to complete...
I am too mean/tight to pay, I was looking to you GTR - a few facts can change the argument.
Looking for the the various changes in AVESCO/VESA shareholding over the time to compare with reported/claimed franchise changes. Whilst there how about searching SEL financials & get the AVESCO/VESA profit?

Make that this year GTR as you dont want to go into 07 behind do you?

What about you Peck, cut GTR some slack ....
Old 27 Dec 2006, 06:35 (Ref:1799729)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i would have if it was only one post, but it was two posts getting into the waldens. (and now its free) its funny who GTR becomes the PMM spin doctor when they are coping a bagging in the press, but sometime about the Waldens comes out and he bags them, he is his alligences in the motrosport world and will spin the case as necessary, so he has to be able to defend himself, and much better than that waffle about ASIC

GTR also well knows that you can sell a controlling interest in your home, its just a legal agreement and happens reguarily enough, just have to get both names on the mortgage and a piece of paper between the two parties

spin is the word, and GTr's contacts have obviously be burnt by this one
Old 27 Dec 2006, 06:38 (Ref:1799731)   #28
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
seperate point. the franchise comes with a number, that would be either 7 or 11, as that is the number it ran under in 2006. Unless Larry comes to an arrangment.

Larry would struggle to use the same arguments he used last time, to retain control of the number 11
Old 27 Dec 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1799754)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
i would have if it was only one post, but it was two posts getting into the waldens. (and now its free) its funny who GTR becomes the PMM spin doctor when they are coping a bagging in the press, but sometime about the Waldens comes out and he bags them, he is his alligences in the motrosport world and will spin the case as necessary, so he has to be able to defend himself, and much better than that waffle about ASIC

GTR also well knows that you can sell a controlling interest in your home, its just a legal agreement and happens reguarily enough, just have to get both names on the mortgage and a piece of paper between the two parties

spin is the word, and GTr's contacts have obviously be burnt by this one
I have no contacts nor 'spin' in this instance, but I have a good memory of the previous entry into the main series by the two operators... and it was not a particularly warm and fuzzy one.

Good luck to them to go put a deal together with 9 weeks or so to Adelaide, find a car, a capable crew and driver package.... and find the bucks to run it at the main series level!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Dec 2006, 08:09 (Ref:1799757)   #30
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see this one falling over. Who is going to want to fund it? The individuals wallets behind the project are only so deep

(and probably less deep if they just forked out to buy a franchise)

Personally, i dont think we need to look any further then Springvale Road in Melbourne for where the Commodore will be sourced from, as GRM are starting the season with at least one new VE.

(presumably the GRM VZ therefore could be on the market if the right offer came along).
Old 27 Dec 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1799820)   #31
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already sold to my knowledge
Old 27 Dec 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1799854)   #32
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also wasn't one of the newer PMM cars (Gidget?) sold to someone who had as yet done nothing with it? Could this have been obtained by this team?
Old 27 Dec 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1799856)   #33
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damien White bought one of the PMM cars.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1799908)   #34
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it all comes together, and that Sydney finally gets another team in the series.

I remember long ago posting a list from the original entry list for the 1981 ATCC, in which the majority of the field hailed from a NSW base..........
Old 28 Dec 2006, 00:55 (Ref:1800184)   #35
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
If I remember correctly I liked the look of the last Walden entry , anyone have any pics ??

Good luck to them if it comes off and I hope they do a better job than last time (I seem to remember them running around in qualifying but not actually racing in alot of events , why was that ?)
Old 28 Dec 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1800219)   #36
motor.mouth
Rookie

motor.mouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walden it is

Just chatting to Garth who confirmed the controlling interest in the franchise and confirmed it will be him driving. The car is also a Holden and is NOT from the PMM stable (sorry can't say which car it is at this point). Sydney now needs to get behind these guys!!
Old 28 Dec 2006, 05:05 (Ref:1800222)   #37
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor.mouth
..... The car is also a Holden and is NOT from the PMM stable (sorry can't say which car it is at this point). ....!!
Considering that "While in Brisbane yesterday we also organised a car from a strong team, and we’ll be making an announcement in January on that", I'm intrigued that you would go to Qld to organise a car, and could manage to get a Holden from someone other than PMM. What are the other options here? Even though Team Dynamik are still based in Adelaide, I'm pretty sure Keiran Wills has some close ties to Qld - and AFAIK they have cars available (Kayne Scott's?). Could this be the possible source for a non-PMM Holden "organised" out of Brisbane?
Old 28 Dec 2006, 05:33 (Ref:1800225)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite the team being based in Dandenong, Mr Weel also resides in the Sunshine State.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1800303)   #39
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The powder room is said to be surprised at this pronouncement, and directed our attentions to the controllers of legal entities in this fair land...

Their wonder centred around if you were to go to somewhere really cool, like say the ASIC website, and looked up Romano Racing Pty Ltd as to whether the legal entity is registered with them or not.

Oops, it doesnt seem to exist.

The powder room wondered too, if you were to own an asset as a person, as opposed to a legal entity, quite how you can sell a controlling interest in it? Like your house. You can sell it to Fred Nurk, but you cant sell a controlling interest that says he can use it 95% of the time... it just doesnt happen...

It smells of a methodology to extend the capability of the franchise to remain out of TEGA's hands... a car with bottom 5 potential takes its place in the series all year, the "no lease" rule resets at season's end, then next year it finds its way back on the rent-a-licence rotation...

Presuming any of this actually happened of course
Im not too familiar with Supercar franchises, but I was lead to believe that a license may be leased out for a maximum of 2 years in any 5 year period.....unless I am wrong??
Old 28 Dec 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1800407)   #40
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope that this venture is a much more successful one then these 2 last adventure, but for some reason i have a bit o a feeling it won't.
Old 28 Dec 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1800465)   #41
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Im not too familiar with Supercar franchises, but I was lead to believe that a license may be leased out for a maximum of 2 years in any 5 year period.....unless I am wrong??
I'm pretty sure you're right on that JDI... But if Walden intends to buy out the whole franchise it wouldn't matter... Would it...?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Dec 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1800475)   #42
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Waldens would be better off in the Fujitsu series for at least a year. They are going into the open series with no data, no testing and no recent driving experience in a V8 Supercar. It is going to be one hell of a struggle as better and more experienced drivers have found out when they do the enduros.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 03:54 (Ref:1800903)   #43
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Stop posting full articles !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by marcus; 30 Dec 2006 at 00:52.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 06:51 (Ref:1800945)   #44
Fte_by_Ford
Rookie

Australia
Hervey Bay
Fte_by_Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we seeing another David thexton like team again?
Old 29 Dec 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1800975)   #45
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
pretty much interms of teams but i think Garth Walden is a pretty handy steerer after the performances he put in the old out dated AU he's better than Speedy thexton IMO, but with no data testing etc he will just be at the back, i agree with pete they would be better of in the fujitsu series for a year or 2 gather some data etc then step up.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 09:12 (Ref:1801014)   #46
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Aren't ford teams must drive the new BF Falcon?
Old 29 Dec 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1801016)   #47
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
yes, it's only a cosmetic change like the VN-VP, VR-VS, VT-VX, VY-VZ style change so they can use the same chassis.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1801564)   #48
Moose
Rookie

Australia
Plumpton, NSW
Moose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
pretty much interms of teams but i think Garth Walden is a pretty handy steerer after the performances he put in the old out dated AU he's better than Speedy thexton IMO, but with no data testing etc he will just be at the back, i agree with pete they would be better of in the fujitsu series for a year or 2 gather some data etc then step up.
Gotta agree with you there... it should almost be a pre-req. for new teams to have to run in the Fujitsu series first if they don't have main game experience, and no data and the like...

On an aside, perhaps whoever sold the team the car has provided them with the data to go with it...

Moose
Old 30 Dec 2006, 01:05 (Ref:1801578)   #49
motor.mouth
Rookie

motor.mouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
I have no contacts nor 'spin' in this instance, but I have a good memory of the previous entry into the main series by the two operators... and it was not a particularly warm and fuzzy one.

Good luck to them to go put a deal together with 9 weeks or so to Adelaide, find a car, a capable crew and driver package.... and find the bucks to run it at the main series level!
I am sure that making you feel warm and fuzzy is high on their priority list Good luck to anyone with the drive to get of their butts and have ago. Shame on people who want to force negativity onto others.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 01:07 (Ref:1801579)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor.mouth
I am sure that making you feel warm and fuzzy is high on their priority list Good luck to anyone with the drive to get of their butts and have ago. Shame on people who want to force negativity onto others.
Shame on people with delusions of mediocrity forcing their way as the best way onto everyone else.