Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jul 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3755111)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018 IMSA schedule

Mid Ohio back on the schedule and COTA out, full schedule will be out next Friday.

https://www.imsa.com/news/072017/ims...e-may-4-6-2018

L.P.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3755120)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Mid Ohio back on the schedule and COTA out, full schedule will be out next Friday.

L.P.
Sweet about Mid-Ohio. Shame for COTA, but I'm not a fan of the circuit. Wish they'd do the shared weekend with IndyCar.

Kinda like waiting to PLM for announcement of schedule but I'm usually preoccupied with other things then.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3755123)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

L.P.
That's a pretty awesome schedule then.

COTA out? I can see trouble in the future for that circuit now. I can't see WEC sticking there that much longer.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3755125)   #4
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's a pretty awesome schedule then.

COTA out? I can see trouble in the future for that circuit now. I can't see WEC sticking there that much longer.
WEC is probable to abandon after this race, still a year to year agreement. Ecstatic to see Mid Ohio return... even happier it's at the expense of COTA. That track blows.

It'll be closed sooner than later.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3755126)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

L.P.
It's perfect!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 28 Jul 2017, 16:39 (Ref:3755134)   #6
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
WEC is probable to abandon after this race, still a year to year agreement. Ecstatic to see Mid Ohio return... even happier it's at the expense of COTA. That track blows.

COTA's sportscar future is going to be the Creventic 24 hour race. Which I feel could be a success actually.

Last year they had the 2017 sked announcement at Road America if I remember.

My biggest hope is more all GT races on the calendar.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3755187)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Kinda like waiting to PLM for announcement of schedule but I'm usually preoccupied with other things then.
Indycar is doing the double header with PWC now...

Also if IMSA wants all 3 classes and CTSCC as the supports then might get a bit too packed with Indycar?
Old 28 Jul 2017, 19:03 (Ref:3755190)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm thinking there might have to be a Mid-Ohio trip next season for me. Heard it's a great track and get the time off now to hit more tracks.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3755200)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm thinking there might have to be a Mid-Ohio trip next season for me. Heard it's a great track and get the time off now to hit more tracks.
It's the same weekend as the Southern Nationals are likely to be

And the weekend or two after the Mitty...may be a hard hall pass for me, but it's certainly a thought. Would certainly mean no Sebring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Indycar is doing the double header with PWC now...

Also if IMSA wants all 3 classes and CTSCC as the supports then might get a bit too packed with Indycar?
I realize that...

ALMS and IndyCar did this before (2010). And they used to run the SCCA runoffs there. I think there's space, unless you are speaking of schedules, then I'd say there's still plenty of space there, too.

I do like both being the main event, especially for locals. That's two big weekends for them and they deserve it. Out of town fans of both series, like me would LOVE to double up on one trip.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3757436)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Schedule released:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/20...dule-released/

2018 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship Schedule:
Jan. 5-7 – Roar Before the Rolex 24
Jan. 25-28 – Daytona International Speedway*
Mar. 14-17 – Sebring International Raceway*
Apr. 13-14 – Long Beach Street Circuit (P and GTLM only)
May 4-6 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
June 1-2 – Detroit Belle Isle (P and GTD only)
June 28-July 1 – Watkins Glen International*
July 6-8 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July 20-21 – Lime Rock Park (GTLM and GTD only)
Aug. 3-5 – Road America
Aug. 17-19 – Virginia International Raceway (GTLM and GTD only)
Sept. 7-9 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Oct. 10-13 Road Atlanta*

*Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup events
Old 5 Aug 2017, 02:22 (Ref:3757509)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ok, now the schedule has been posted. Not much else to talk about in this thread.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3757538)   #12
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post

Thanks. It just happens to be the track that is the closest to me that host pro events.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3757579)   #13
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Thanks. It just happens to be the track that is the closest to me that host pro events.
That would suck and would hate that for you and the other "locals".
Old 6 Aug 2017, 00:39 (Ref:3757647)   #14
MaskedRacer
Veteran

COTA will lose WEC I bet too. But this track will still have the Creventac 24 hour race which seriously looks like will be a successful race. I am looking forward to it. I wish I could attend it in person too. They are actually going to take a break during the overnight hours which is a neat deal as it will also allow spectators (for free too) to see more racing.

Whenever I see the Daytona 24 in person I swear I tell myself that I am going to make it through the whole race and watch. I crash by 2 am every time.

Also great idea to move Long Beach back to DPI/GTLM only. It will help save GTD teams some $$.

Happy also to see the all GT races preserved.
Old 6 Aug 2017, 13:47 (Ref:3757719)   #15
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
COTA will lose WEC I bet too. But this track will still have the Creventac 24 hour race which seriously looks like will be a successful race. I am looking forward to it. I wish I could attend it in person too. They are actually going to take a break during the overnight hours which is a neat deal as it will also allow spectators (for free too) to see more racing.

Whenever I see the Daytona 24 in person I swear I tell myself that I am going to make it through the whole race and watch. I crash by 2 am every time.

Also great idea to move Long Beach back to DPI/GTLM only. It will help save GTD teams some $$.

Happy also to see the all GT races preserved.
And the P and GTLM teams as well...........
Old 7 Aug 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3757919)   #16
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year the WEC/IMSA race was not promoted at all from what I saw, and I'm afraid it is the same this year. In 2015 I saw promotions around the North Houston area, where I live, and of course in and around Austin. I personally did not think the attendance was as bad as what everyone was posting about here that year.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3758428)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I think there is a potential to get a 20 car grid for the prototype class alone at the 2018 Daytona 24. Additions coming from Penske, Joest Mazda, JDC 2, Perf Tech, BAR1, United, DragonSpeed, Rebellion. Not to mention other Euro LMP2 teams.

GTLM could get 12-15 cars depending on if Ford goes with 4 cars again, if Porsche expands their fleet, and also who knows if AF Corse and Aston Martin decides to show up in GTLM or GTD (or both). In 2016, AF and AMR entered in GTD only. Plus you got lots of the GT3/GTD entrants.

I think IMSA will be pushing a grid size similar to the 2014 race which at 67 cars I think, but with a much higher quality from top to bottom this time.
Old 9 Aug 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3758463)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Joest Mazda is not an addition to the IMSA DPi grid.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3758528)   #19
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
And the P and GTLM teams as well...........
Touche.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3758626)   #20
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Joest Mazda is not an addition to the IMSA DPi grid.

Not before CTMP yes, but they are now.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3758986)   #21
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see Mid Ohio back, and just in time! I just moved to the Pittsburgh area and Mid Ohio is the closest major road race facility to me (under 3 hours). I previously lived in CT & Boston and went to numerous races at Lime Rock, last one being in 2013. I attended my first Indycar race, and first race at Mid Ohio 2 weeks ago and I was pretty impressed. Nice elevation changes and a great layout. Only downside is the catch fencing but there are some sections without it with pretty good visibility. Can't wait to see IMSA in the flesh!
Old 12 Aug 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3759007)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I wonder if IMSA is interested in visiting Mexico.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3759008)   #23
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-C2XGsT9I

Used to support the NASCAR Busch Series there back in the day. Had the full Peraltada then too. Would be fun to see again.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3759019)   #24
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It probably would require an existing race to fall off the IMSA schedule and a strong promoter in Mexico City to push a race there. The wildcard is the uncertainty surrounding the WEC and whether a race in Mexico City makes financial sense without LMP-1H cars to headline the show (presuming that Toyota goes to running part-time.)

Last edited by TheMightyM; 12 Aug 2017 at 18:45.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3759021)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
ALMS tried for Mexico City in 2003 but the race got cancelled before it happened. Ironically, I think it was intended to replace Mid Ohio before RFK and Mexico City got cancelled.