Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jan 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3705761)   #101
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
This is sad, especially after such a good season, but predictable. I hope that the new f1 management will be able to do a little more to help in the future, or at least distribute the funds more evenly, it's not fair that manor came away from their season with nothing. Really I'd like to see 24 - 26 cars.
+1
Old 28 Jan 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3706208)   #102
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The entry is held by another company not in administration, but there is no buyer with the current liabilities. Maybe the potential 'buyer' is waiting for it to become available minus the liabilities and then buy the remains from the receiver and then the entry from the company still in business?

How true this is...watch the Phoenix rise.
Shame about the little creditors that will not get paid a penny though..
Old 29 Jan 2017, 00:37 (Ref:3706312)   #103
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I hope the staff can make alternative arrangements. I hope some fresh blood can be arranged in due course with a measured relaxation in barriers to entry yet with auditing controls producing new teams that have a reasonable chance at sustainability.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 00:39 (Ref:3706317)   #104
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The entry is held by another company not in administration, but there is no buyer with the current liabilities. Maybe the potential 'buyer' is waiting for it to become available minus the liabilities and then buy the remains from the receiver and then the entry from the company still in business?
Who holds the entry?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 00:59 (Ref:3706367)   #105
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Tongue in cheek...maybe again...Booth and Associates..
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3706408)   #106
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
believe it's manor grand prix racing that hold the entry, which is owned by fitzpatrick and his two colleagues.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:45 (Ref:3706456)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
believe it's manor grand prix racing that hold the entry, which is owned by fitzpatrick and his two colleagues.
I thought the parent company was Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited and it is they who have gone into administration, so how can they still hold the entry after this season is over?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3706750)   #108
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This discussion triggers deja vu for me. Didn't we see a similar situation with this team previously (or maybe it was Caterham) in which one legal entity holds the entry and maybe even the IP and it remained solvent, while another entity runs the race operations, has the staff, etc but also all the expenditures and it is the one that was insolvent. I believe it was the same when the sports car maker Lola went under a few years ago. The IP (and name) was held by a separate entity. All structured to split the valuable assets from those that generate the finance liabilities and risk.

Richard
Old 29 Jan 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3706833)   #109
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought the parent company was Manor Grand Prix Racing Limited and it is they who have gone into administration, so how can they still hold the entry after this season is over?
richard is correct, iirc. i was under the impression that it was just racing ltd that had gone into administration, which is the company responsible for delivering the f1 team. that way the f1 entry and any prize money due is safe - if a team goes into receivership and takes the f1 entry with it then it gets very messy to sell the team and any prize money due as a going concern.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3706898)   #110
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
This discussion triggers deja vu for me. Didn't we see a similar situation with this team previously (or maybe it was Caterham) in which one legal entity holds the entry and maybe even the IP and it remained solvent, while another entity runs the race operations, has the staff, etc but also all the expenditures and it is the one that was insolvent. I believe it was the same when the sports car maker Lola went under a few years ago. The IP (and name) was held by a separate entity. All structured to split the valuable assets from those that generate the finance liabilities and risk.

Richard
I thought the business with Caterham was to do with who owned the Lotus name.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3706903)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
richard is correct, iirc. i was under the impression that it was just racing ltd that had gone into administration, which is the company responsible for delivering the f1 team. that way the f1 entry and any prize money due is safe - if a team goes into receivership and takes the f1 entry with it then it gets very messy to sell the team and any prize money due as a going concern.
So Manor Racing MRT still have the entry.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3706956)   #112
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Joe Saward mentioned that Just Racing Ltd is the holding company with two limited company subsidiaries. Those being the operational company called Just Racing Services Ltd but the other company Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd owns the F1 entry. I'm sure that's what he said.

Credit: Joe Saward
Old 29 Jan 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3707022)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So if they get a budget for 2018, could that mean they wouldn't need to re-enter?
Old 29 Jan 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3707043)   #114
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I think Joe Saward mentioned that Just Racing Ltd is the holding company with two limited company subsidiaries. Those being the operational company called Just Racing Services Ltd but the other company Manor Grand Prix Racing Ltd owns the F1 entry. I'm sure that's what he said.

Credit: Joe Saward
Paragraphs 2 and 3 of this blog by Joe Saward explains the situation.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017...ent-for-manor/
Old 29 Jan 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3707293)   #115
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
This discussion triggers deja vu for me....
total deja vu....im probably on the cynical side of this but these corporate structures are designed this way on purpose and often that purposes is to allow the owners' protection against their liabilities and this practice has become all too common in sports.

sports teams should have more linear and transparent ownership structures...if for no other reason then i just want to know who im cheering for.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 18:40 (Ref:3707331)   #116
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
total deja vu....im probably on the cynical side of this but these corporate structures are designed this way on purpose and often that purposes is to allow the owners' protection against their liabilities and this practice has become all too common in sports.

sports teams should have more linear and transparent ownership structures...if for no other reason then i just want to know who im cheering for.
i think it's sad for f1 that new teams are set up this way, it's a necessity now. it shows just how unsustainable being involved in the sport is.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3707547)   #117
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
i think it's sad for f1 that new teams are set up this way, it's a necessity now. it shows just how unsustainable being involved in the sport is.
Hopefully sustainability will be something Liberty will look into.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3707590)   #118
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
F1 team?

Anything you want you pay for in advance!

Bernie 101.
Old 29 Jan 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3707617)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A team that exists without substantial commercial sponsorship, relying on the patronage of its owners, isn't likely to survive

We saw it with Marussia Mk1, Caterham, Simtek and how many others?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Jan 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3707699)   #120
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
F1 team?

Anything you want you pay for in advance!

Bernie 101.
Well, it's starting to be "Carbon Fiber Triangle 101". The amount of uncollected debts Caterham and Marussia/Manor (twice!) left on the books of every specialist machinist and builder in that area may have just closed a lot of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next new F1 team would be forced to pay everything in advance.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3707784)   #121
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Well, it's starting to be "Carbon Fiber Triangle 101". The amount of uncollected debts Caterham and Marussia/Manor (twice!) left on the books of every specialist machinist and builder in that area may have just closed a lot of them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the next new F1 team would be forced to pay everything in advance.
Any business who extended Manor credit can either afford it or need to have a good talk with themselves! Why on earth would you?
Old 30 Jan 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3707787)   #122
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, exactly. some people seem to suspend any common sense when it comes to motorsport payments. obviously it's only fair to be understanding when it comes to cashflow in areas of business where there isn't a steady stream of cash but if you're getting the same excuse repeatedly, there's a decent chance you're being lied to...
Old 30 Jan 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3707797)   #123
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
total deja vu....im probably on the cynical side of this but these corporate structures are designed this way on purpose and often that purposes is to allow the owners' protection against their liabilities and this practice has become all too common in sports
The clue is in the term "Limited Liability Company". It is up to the suppliers to ensure the credit of a Ltd company is good.

Certainly in the UK the authorities can come down hard on those who misuse the facility, however some would say this does not happen enough.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3707809)   #124
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
The clue is in the term "Limited Liability Company". It is up to the suppliers to ensure the credit of a Ltd company is good.

Certainly in the UK the authorities can come down hard on those who misuse the facility, however some would say this does not happen enough.
indeed this is a normal business practice and a pretty common corporate structure that a lot of business use.

and thats fine for the business world, but i do think something changes when that business logic is applied to sporting organizations particularity in respect to transparency and accountability.

rather in motorsports, if one fails to pay one's suppliers does that in effect amount to cheating on track? does one need to own their equipment with clear and direct title before competing?

i suspect that things like engines are leased so for sure there are exceptions to my question...but i was asking more as 'a questioning of the sports ethical code' as opposed to looking to create a new rule or something.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3707868)   #125
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
indeed this is a normal business practice and a pretty common corporate structure that a lot of business use.

and thats fine for the business world, but i do think something changes when that business logic is applied to sporting organizations particularity in respect to transparency and accountability.

rather in motorsports, if one fails to pay one's suppliers does that in effect amount to cheating on track? does one need to own their equipment with clear and direct title before competing?

i suspect that things like engines are leased so for sure there are exceptions to my question...but i was asking more as 'a questioning of the sports ethical code' as opposed to looking to create a new rule or something.
Nothing new in the world. A few years back a junior formula team started a major R@D programme, wind tunnel testing and all, ran loads of news tyres, never repaired bodywork - always new and went bankrupt at the end of it all - by then their domination had wiped out several of the opposition and unlTimothy the Championship. ...