Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the driver of the Grand Prix was today?
Lewis Hamilton 20 42.55%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 3 6.38%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.13%
Daniel Ricciardo 12 25.53%
Max Verstappen 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 0 0%
Felipe Massa 3 6.38%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 2 4.26%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 5 10.64%
Pascal Wehrlein 1 2.13%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Nov 2017, 18:15 (Ref:3780069)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Brazilian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the driver of the Grand Prix was today?
Old 12 Nov 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3780073)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Who do you think the driver of the Grand Prix was today?

Hamilton. Utterly brilliant. Shame he didn’t get third though
Old 12 Nov 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3780077)   #3
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton, a class apart today.
Old 12 Nov 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3780083)   #4
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
easy this one is
Old 12 Nov 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3780087)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis drove a great race and proved why he is 4 times WDC but it was Daniel Ricciardo me. Qualified 5th but had to take a grid penalty, so dropped 10 places. Got punted off the track at the start but came back to finish 6th.
Old 12 Nov 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3780103)   #6
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton drove a good race, just like Vettel after T1 two weeks ago. But he put himself into that position (just like VET in Mex) and clearly had the fastest car.

There was not really an outstanding drive.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3780134)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a few honorable mentions, but Massa holding off Alonso was the highlight for me.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 05:39 (Ref:3780139)   #8
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis, kudos to everyone on the podium.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3780142)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted for Danny Ric.... his penalties/grid position were not self induced and he brought a potentially damaged and inferior car through the field.
Honourable mention for Felipe Massa, for the entertainment and emotional factor.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3780157)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
2 total idiots have voted for Hartley,who's the other one?...
Old 13 Nov 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3780161)   #11
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!

RICCIARDO!

After being taken out on lap 1, being dead last and then some awesome passes, some of the best overtakes this season, my vote is for Ricciardo. Very impressive drive.

Hamilton a close second though. But it was expected really. Ricciardo's drive wins the day!
Old 13 Nov 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3780162)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Alonso for me. Earned his position by somehow maintaining DRS gap to Massa throughout the whole race, which was the only way to help offset the ridiculous straight-line speed disadvantage. Cunning and clever drive.

I could of course have voted for Hamilton, who drove superbly.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3780165)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo - punted off lap 1 and recovered to 6th with a Renault engine in the back of the car, lots of great overtakes on the brakes. Honourable mentions to Massa and Alonso too.

Hamilton? Took the fastest car to 4th place - he was gifted a bunch of places on the first lap when people took each other off/out and pitted for damage, after that he DRS'd / Mercedes powered his way past the Saubers, Mclarens and the asthmatic Renaults so not quite as impressive when you look at it more closely. Before the race Merecdes predicted 4th for Hamilton and that's where he got to.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3780167)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
2 total idiots have voted for Hartley,who's the other one?...
I'll forgive you Armco !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Nov 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3780171)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Felipe Massa did a very good job to be best of the rest and hold off Alonso, despite the power advantage. He was way ahead of Stroll, although Lance seemed to have a messy race.

Hamilton did everything he had to do, although it's a pity for him he didn't snag a podium. Despite his advantage, I thought it was an impressive and measured drive. Ricciardo was great; fantastic overtakes.

We shouldn't forget Vettel. Bottas really should have won this one, but Vettel defeated him. I don't know how much that was to do with Bottas being disappointing, though.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3780183)   #16
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's interesting to see Autosport's take:
Vettel - rated 9 - The only slight fault is his qualifying effort. Both of Vettel's Q3 laps were scruffy, so he loses a mark for giving away the four hundredths of a second

Hamilton - also rated 9 - He's marked down for that uncharacteristic and costly crash in Q1
So Vettel plants the car on the front row, then takes a 'flag-to-flag' victory in which he was never under pressure. Hamilton drive a great race from the back - but he's only there because he's thrown it at the wall in Q1.

So hardly any partisan bias from Ben Anderson at Autosport!!!

Based on the weekend as a whole, which driver would I want in my team? Alonso.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3780209)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm giving it to Lewis, for that great drive
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3780229)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Hamilton
Old 13 Nov 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3780231)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now here's a First (and almost certainly a Last): I gave it to Massa. Much as I would like to see Team Willie doing much better, I'm afraid he dragged the Williams further up the field than was to be expected. His qualifying was great and he had a greater margin over Stroll than usual.

Of course Hamilton's drive though the field was impressive, but this is Driver of the Grand Prix, not Driver of the Race. So throwing it into the wall in qually totally excludes him from contention.

Vettel won and could probably have gone quicker if he had to, so plenty of kudos to him. And Fred was doing pretty well too. If Renault sort their reliability next year, Alonso/McLaren/Renault is going to be an interesting package.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3780238)   #20
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo cause he's Aussie.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3780275)   #21
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Difficult one: could have been Hamilton, Ricciardo, Massa or Alonso but due to positions gained I gave it to Hamilton.
Old 13 Nov 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3780288)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton for me too.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3780329)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can sort of understand why someone would vote for Hamilton. He did well.....up until he met up with Kimi. Kimi shut him down. What I don't understand is why Kimi did not get any more votes. Kimi is the driver of the race. Even the cameras were riveted on him. Utterly brilliant.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3780359)   #24
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I can sort of understand why someone would vote for Hamilton. He did well.....up until he met up with Kimi. Kimi shut him down. What I don't understand is why Kimi did not get any more votes. Kimi is the driver of the race. Even the cameras were riveted on him. Utterly brilliant.
I hope that’s sarcasm....started 3rd, finished 3rd, didn’t do anything special
Old 14 Nov 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3780360)   #25
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Kimi bored even himself.