Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 27 Oct 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3776772)   #1276
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Racing Team Nederland probably will be at Daytona as well, with their Dallara.
They have been voicing some 'conflicting' opinions though:

(from late June)
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ra...g-lmp2-effort/

(and more recently in Oct. originally in Dutch)
https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Which makes it very much sound like we'll see them at one point in the future, just not sure yet if that'll be 2018 or 2019. Guess it all depends on Van Eerd's business schedule (as goes for quite a few of the interested amateur drivers in P2).
Old 27 Oct 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3776811)   #1277
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wonder if we will see The Goose with Bar1 now that they will be running the R/M Mk. 30 chassis now? Will we see him retain his seat at Spirit of Daytona in their new Cadillac DPi-V.R? Is Bomarito headed to SoD from Mazda? Oh the dominoes .... how they fall.

L.P.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3776814)   #1278
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Indeed.

Someone mentioned earlier their wondering if that wing-like thing on the front of the Acura would be an issue. I could see it being somewhat troublesome at Daytona and Road America especially, in terms of drag production. However, for downforce, isn't it usually the case that they have to limit the back based on what they're able to get from the front? So, it seems like they might be able to get more overall then. Also, thinking back around 1987, the Porsche 962s in IMSA GTP would often run an extra wing on the nose at circuits that rewarded higher downforce.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3776815)   #1279
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm counting potentially 21 DPI/LMP2 cars for the Daytona 24 now perhaps. GTLM will be between 9-13, depending on extra entries from Porsche, Ford, Aston Martin, AF Corse. GTD will be as large as IMSA allows it to be.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3776864)   #1280
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Racing Team Nederland probably will be at Daytona as well, with their Dallara.
With Lammers and Barrichello? That would be a welcome addition .
Old 28 Oct 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3776899)   #1281
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
However, for downforce, isn't it usually the case that they have to limit the back based on what they're able to get from the front?
That used to be the case, but I am unsure of the baseline balance of the Oreca 07. I would suspect it is understeer limited though.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 04:44 (Ref:3776942)   #1282
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
I really hope this entry works out. Since they brought the car overseas last year just to test at Sebring, it gives me some faith that they will make it over for the Rolex 24 as they initially planned.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 05:42 (Ref:3776946)   #1283
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I really hope this entry works out. Since they brought the car overseas last year just to test at Sebring, it gives me some faith that they will make it over for the Rolex 24 as they initially planned.
I hope so too. The budget is definitely there if the desire is.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3777014)   #1284
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is bananas.
Old 28 Oct 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3777016)   #1285
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
IMSA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 28 Oct 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3777025)   #1286
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
wild speculation on my part, but Jos Verstappen too!!

Sportscar racing is going to take off once IMSA and ACO merge the top prototype categories. It's already looking very sharp on the IMSA side
Old 30 Oct 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3777459)   #1287
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This years Sunoco Whelen Challenge winner is British GT4 champ Stuart Middleton, to race alongside Curran, Conway and Nasr

Action Express Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR - Filipe Nasr / Eric Curran + Mike Conway + Stuart Middleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 Oct 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3777537)   #1288
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
wild speculation on my part, but Jos Verstappen too!!
delete

Last edited by skycafe; 30 Oct 2017 at 16:34. Reason: I should have taken a look before posting!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3777546)   #1289
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
IMSA test plan in order to establish new BoP's:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/im...ona-test-plan/

Lots of new/updated cars to be tested/data gathered from, interesting note is the new Aston Martin GTE engine, could we see an entry in GTLM...?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3777551)   #1290
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

Lots of new/updated cars to be tested/data gathered from, interesting note is the new Aston Martin GTE engine, could we see an entry in GTLM...?
likely daytona maybe
Old 30 Oct 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3777589)   #1291
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

A re-baseline of the Gibson motor? It is a spec motor, what differences are they going find?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3777622)   #1292
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You’d do it for calibration purposes if nothing else. The way things are measured or conditions may be different this year. It’s always worth checking even if everything is the same.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3777645)   #1293
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 31 Oct 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3777656)   #1294
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
You’d do it for calibration purposes if nothing else. The way things are measured or conditions may be different this year. It’s always worth checking even if everything is the same.
And maybe there is variation between batches of engines? I mean, they should all be the same, but you never know.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 01:45 (Ref:3777659)   #1295
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really cool piece by Jeff Braun about what work needs to be done to switch from the gt3 Porsche to an Oreca P2.

https://twitter.com/jvbraun/status/925115050238595073
Old 2 Nov 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3778177)   #1296
Coach Ep
Veteran

SC365 suggesting we could see 2 Jota (G-Drive?) entries at the Rolex:

Quote:
***The majority of the Jota Sport-run crew also came direct from Zhuhai and have a busy few months ahead, in completing the WEC season in Bahrain, the three remaining Asian Le Mans events at Fuji, Buriram and Sepang, as well as a likely two-car effort for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/s...ay-notebook-3/
Old 2 Nov 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3778179)   #1297
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is a link between G-Drive and Jota anymore. Jota runs the JC DC cars in WEC and AsLMS, so given the success they've had it could be a JC DC set of cars.

G-Drive in WEC is run by TDS. G-Drive in ELMS is run by DragonSpeed.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3778223)   #1298
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is a link between G-Drive and Jota anymore. Jota runs the JC DC cars in WEC and AsLMS, so given the success they've had it could be a JC DC set of cars.

G-Drive in WEC is run by TDS. G-Drive in ELMS is run by DragonSpeed.
You would be correct as I read it. I believe it's a reference to the Jackie Chan/DC's previously announced intentions of running the Rolex 24.
Old 3 Nov 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3778284)   #1299
Coach Ep
Veteran

Thanks for correcting me, it's hard to keep up with all the G-Drive changes. Maybe Rusinov should hire Cooper MacNeil for some stability!
Old 3 Nov 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3778388)   #1300
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penske testing at DIS today ...

Cameron in car

Helio interview via IMSA

L.P.