Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3770648)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Haas F1 get's special compensation for Grosjean car.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...repair-959147/
At least he didn't whinge about the brakes...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:03 (Ref:3770652)   #27
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Who will crash first?

Over to you.
Great intro Peter, thanks for that!
Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:25 (Ref:3770654)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ferrari upgrades for Malaysia...

New inlet...

New barge boards...

And most importantly, new wing mirrors...
I like the new wing mirrors, they might give Vettee the edge he needs, to beat Lulu and win the the WDC, in the last few races of this season.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:40 (Ref:3770656)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Random pop up drain covers....a more exciting concept than DRS to liven things up.
Didn't Bernie once consider a sprinkler system, to liven up GPs? I wonder if this could be part of that system, with the water coming out of that manhole cover and they forgot about it?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3770660)   #30
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should award the pace car with a 94 place grid penalty for changing too many drain covers.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3770694)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
At least he didn't whinge about the brakes...
i bet he will, he'll whinge that he got them to his liking before the shunt, now they're back to how they were and it's undriveable
Old 30 Sep 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3770697)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to say that the incident between the two Renault powered cars was the fault of the RBR
Old 30 Sep 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3770698)   #33
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!

Vettel out! To start from last place.

Oh... karma does bite hard doesn't it?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3770699)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just think that the people who are watching are all going to be accepting the fact that the only thing that is going to help the Ferrari driver is bad luck for the Mercedes drivers who have the title race in their hands and it's interesting to see that the people who are in the bottom five are all Ferrari engined
Old 30 Sep 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3770701)   #35
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
All very close and out for the last dash....
Old 30 Sep 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3770702)   #36
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And breathe...........45 1000ths of a second is a huge gap, isn't it?

Last edited by Lancsbreaker; 30 Sep 2017 at 10:14.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3770703)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

I just hope that the McLarens will be in the top ten in the race
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3770726)   #38
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I reckon Vetel will still finish top 5, podium even if there is a safety car.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3770743)   #39
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just want to say that the incident between the two Renault powered cars was the fault of the RBR

was it?

Old 30 Sep 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3770751)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

The lock up was more him trying to avoid Max cutting across
Old 30 Sep 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3770800)   #41
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The lock up was more him trying to avoid Max cutting across
Agreed. Palmer on a hot lap and Max just feels he's entitled to the whole road. Palmer moved to the left to avoid Max. No one takes that turn on the inside anymore thanks to the off-camber banking. So Max was sitting on the racing line going slowly.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3770819)   #42
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
was it?

Yes. That photo proves absolutely nothing that it was JP's fault!

Here's a video that shows the full incident. 100% MV's fault. And to make it worse, MV knew JP was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCCZX7PXcc
Old 1 Oct 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3770820)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Yes. That photo proves absolutely nothing that it was JP's fault!

Here's a video that shows the full incident. 100% MV's fault. And to make it worse, MV knew JP was there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCCZX7PXcc
That wasn't a smart move by Vertappen, he had no reason to move over like that and should have just let Palmer through. Is the frustration of a lack of race results getting to him?
Old 1 Oct 2017, 04:55 (Ref:3770846)   #44
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That wasn't a smart move by Vertappen, he had no reason to move over like that and should have just let Palmer through. Is the frustration of a lack of race results getting to him?
I don't think it was frustration. JP was on his timed lap. MV was on his out lap. They both met at the last corner and MV thought he had priority. MV was on the racing line where he should not have been.

Not surprising to hear Vettel has taken on an additional engine, turbo and MGU-H units. That makes it 5 of each for the year, 1 more than allowed, which has got him a 20 grid penalty. The penalty is null and void as he was to be starting last anyway. If it is raining at the start, I think Ferrari should change to a wet set up and start from pitlane. It's absolutely bucketing down right now - 2 hours before race start.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3770849)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
I don't think it was frustration. JP was on his timed lap. MV was on his out lap. They both met at the last corner and MV thought he had priority. MV was on the racing line where he should not have been.
As one of the commentary team said, Vertappen was kind of on the racing line. Vertappen knew he was there, so where was Palmer supposed to go? I still say that wasn't a smart move by Vertappen.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3770852)   #46
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
As one of the commentary team said, Vertappen was kind of on the racing line. Vertappen knew he was there, so where was Palmer supposed to go? I still say that wasn't a smart move by Vertappen.
But if pamer had not outbraked himself this also would'nt have happened, he would'nt have made the corner even if Max was not there
Old 1 Oct 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3770854)   #47
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FWIW Palmer says he braked earlier than normal and only locked up when he sawMaz was turning in on him.

Looks like two drivers not fully concentrating and tripping over each other.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3770856)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
But if pamer had not outbraked himself this also would'nt have happened, he would'nt have made the corner even if Max was not there
It looked like he locked his left front, when he saw Verstappen coming across from the right.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3770861)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Trouble with Raikonnen's car before the race has even started. It's being pushed off the grid and into the pits.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3770862)   #50
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Kimi's toast ...