Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2000, 17:36 (Ref:1573)   #1
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone else read this quote from JV. -

Speaking in the News of the World Villeneuve said: “I would love to drive for Williams again. Anyone would! Look at the car they have this year. It’s a superb design. Their chief designer Patrick Head has done a great job there".

“I had a great time when I was with Williams. We won races together and we won a championship and that is the reason I go racing – to win.”

Is this just to annoy BAR or take pressure off the Mac rumours or..?
Suggestions please
Old 21 May 2000, 18:00 (Ref:1574)   #2
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....and I'll tell you why JV would go to Williams: BECAUSE I'VE BEEN INFORMED FROM A "REASONABLY RELIABLE" MOLE THAT RALF SCHUMACHER'S AGENTS HAVE BEEN IN TALK WITH......

....FERRARI!!!!!

BLOODY HELL!!! (no pun intended)

TWO SCHUMACER BROS. IN THE SAME CAR???? (not together, obviously; that'd be sick) WOW!!!

What do we all reckon?
Old 21 May 2000, 18:06 (Ref:1575)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I an believe this. The question is : who of the two brothers will be cheated ?
Old 21 May 2000, 18:14 (Ref:1576)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

JV to Williams would be great, but Ralf to Ferrari? It would be yet another racing career grinding to a halt. No way.

As long as TGF remains at Ferrari, no other driver in the team will be treated as an equal.
Old 21 May 2000, 18:54 (Ref:1577)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Ralf going to Ferrari while TGF is there.

What I can see, though, is a swap with BAR - Jacques for Button Spice. This would give Sir Frank a competitive pilote, knock the Button Spice PR wagon off its wheels and put him into a team where he'd actually have to work for his points - besides putting him into Really Ugly Colours

Seriously though, it has been clear that Sir Frank likes Ralf very much, and he doesn't especially like Button Spice. I can't see him doing anything as dumb as getting rid of an outstanding pilote he likes.
Old 21 May 2000, 21:11 (Ref:1578)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Hmmm, your points are valid ones. I must admit myself to being a bit scheptical here.

BUT if TGF wins this year his aim at Ferrari will be complete. He'll be after some new challenge. I think that it is far more likley that from now on the "#2" driver at Ferrari will become more competitive. Besides, it's his brother. Who else would he most like to put one over? Give it a thought and the prospect suddenly becomes a far more realistic thing than you might initially think.
Old 21 May 2000, 21:17 (Ref:1579)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If TGF puts one over on Sir Frank Williams, poaches his pet pilote that is, I will buy you lunch at any track in the world. Yes, he did put one over on EJ - but Sir Frank is a whole different ball game.
Old 21 May 2000, 21:19 (Ref:1580)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if TGF wins the championship at Ferrari, I am sure he will be hungry for yet another. How long was Rubens' contract with Ferrari for? I doubt they would dump him in the middle of his contract. He is still doing better than Eddie did.

I would be very surprised if Ralf leaves, but then again this is F1 and anything can happen.

I would love to see JV back at Williams, and Button baby might be better off at a team that does not expect its drivers to be driving at 110% for the entire race. I would like to see JV in the Williams simply because the Williams looks 100 times better than the BAR.

Old 22 May 2000, 07:18 (Ref:1581)   #9
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's changed his tune all of a sudden hasn't he? After Button was signed he was telling us "no decent experienced driver would go there anyway" and now "I would love to drive for Williams again -- anyone would."
Old 22 May 2000, 12:26 (Ref:1582)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Jacques has seen the writing on the wall, and it does not say "JACQUES VILLENEUVE, WORLD CHAMPION, DRIVING FOR BRITISH AMERICAN RACING." I think after this last DNF he would drive for Satan if Satan had a competitive car.
Old 22 May 2000, 23:31 (Ref:1583)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
No, it says 'HEINZ-HARALD FRENTZEN, TWO-TIMES FORMULA ONE WORLD DRIVERS CHAMPION, DRIVING FOR JORDAN AND THEN MCLAREN.'

Old 22 May 2000, 23:33 (Ref:1584)   #12
Liz
Veteran

In Our Dreams - and Sir Frank's Nightmares.
Old 23 May 2000, 00:55 (Ref:1585)   #13
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Jacques leaves BAR this year, that or Honda taking over. My intitial opinion when BAR would entering F1 in '99 was that it had failure written all over it. I would love to see him partnering Schuey at Ferrari next year put with Mika at Mac will do fine.
Old 23 May 2000, 02:14 (Ref:1586)   #14
Liz
Veteran

With DC would be better.
Old 23 May 2000, 04:33 (Ref:1587)   #15
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I think after this last DNF he would drive for Satan if Satan had a competitive car.[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By Satan I assume you mean Flavio? :confused:

Anyway, from what I hear Ralf was hired because BMW wanted a German driver, if anyone goes it will be Button, to bad.

[This message has been edited by Mr.S (edited 23 May 2000).]
Old 23 May 2000, 10:58 (Ref:1588)   #16
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
LOL Mr. S.

DOWN WITH FLAV!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 May 2000, 14:19 (Ref:1589)   #17
Tristan
Veteran

JV's going to Williams. HE IS!!! Ralf is going to Ferrari. I know these things. My powers are far reaching. Oh yes.
Old 24 May 2000, 00:18 (Ref:1590)   #18
Liz
Veteran

There cannot be two Germans germinating at Ferrari. The world cannot stand it. There is probably a law against it. If not, can we pass one really fast?

Italians belong at Ferrari. Trulli to Ferrari! today! this minute! RIGHT AWAY QUICKLY!
Old 24 May 2000, 02:58 (Ref:1591)   #19
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Williams fielding Four Cars next season????????

I don't see Ralfie leaving, not now. There is so much promise in that package and BMW will want a German driver to bring it on home. Also, as long as Ralfie is in a different team than his big brother, he has a chance of winning the WDC. There is No-way that TGF would ever let his little brother win in equal machinery. For now, its enough that he's ruining Ruben's career-he doesn't have to destroy Ralf's.

And then there's That Columbian Fellow in CART. Sir Frank can hardly wait to get HIM back across the Pond.

Suddly the thread about more cars is making more sense- there are so many great drivers waiting in the wings..so few rides.
Old 25 May 2000, 00:25 (Ref:1592)   #20
Liz
Veteran

So let's pick who we want on every team - picking from any form of racing going on now. Not on this thread because it's about Jacques and Williams, but starting a new one. Surely we could pick a field better than what is running now?

Old 25 May 2000, 18:07 (Ref:1593)   #21
Tristan
Veteran

2002 line up:
Ferrari: Schumacher bros. Trust me, the deals are already being done!

McLaren: HHF and DC. (poor seasons at Jordan force HHF, a mercedes protegé, out to McLaren. Mikka retires. For some bonkers reason McLaren seem to have faith in DC following runners up spot in 2000)

Jordan: Trulli and Fischo (got fed up of being at Benetton, a team he never wanted to join in the first place)

BAR: JV and Zonta. (yup, no change! I know I origionally said JV was off to Williams, now I'm not so sure. Following a real pick up in 2000/1 and a works honda deal bringing in $$$$$ JV stays)

Arrows: PDLR and Jenson Button

Williams: Montoya and ???? (Heidfeld to be nicked off Merc? or Junqueira? who knows!)

Jag: Irvine and Burti A LOT better by now.

Sauber: Diniz and lord knows! Maybe Badoer. May be Panis? Salo Ferrari test driver.

Prost: not a clue!!

Minardi: NOW WERE TALKING!!! Gené and Verstappen. Ferrari engines put them firmly in the mid-grid. YIPEE!!

OK, this is open to A LOT of speculation. I don't really know. Any further ideas, please post.
Old 26 May 2000, 00:23 (Ref:1594)   #22
Liz
Veteran

McLaren: Rubens and Zonta.
Jordan: Frenzy and Junqueria
Williams: Ralf and JV
BAR: Button and Heidfeld
Minardi: de la Rosa and Gene.
Arrows: Verstappen and Panis.
Jaguar: Eddie and Yvan Muller
Ferrari: Fisi and Trulli
Benetton: Jason Plato and Montoya
Prost: Alesi and Alain
Sauber: Diniz and Memo Gidley

Well maybe not Fisi and Trulli on the same team after what happened today ...

Somewhere Jean Alesi is saying "How did I miss getting in the middle of that?" and Zonta's mother is saying "My Rico wasn't in there anywhere was he?"

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 26 May 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 27 May 2000).]
Old 26 May 2000, 01:46 (Ref:1595)   #23
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silly talks part 1

Arrows: Verstappen and De la Rosa.
BAR: Button and Zonta
Benetton: Barrichello and Pizzonia
Ferrari: Schumacher and Fisichella
Jaguar: Irvine and Coulthard
Jordan: Frentzen and Trulli
McLaren: Hakinnen and Villeneuve
Minardi: Gene and Alfonso
Prost: Minassian and Muller(if he'd only been Moreno's shape )
Sauber: Diniz and Heidfeld
Williams: Ralfie and Montoya

WDC? Fisi ... easy
Old 26 May 2000, 05:02 (Ref:1596)   #24
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Liz:
Benetton: Jason Plato and Montoya
[This message has been edited by Liz (edited 26 May 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jason, Plato and Muller?! Super Touring to F1, big jump, dont you think.

P.S. Plato is my favorite BTCC driver though.

Old 26 May 2000, 21:43 (Ref:1597)   #25
Tristan
Veteran

You are both utterly mad. GOOD POSTS!!!