Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 16 Apr 2002, 11:11 (Ref:261932)   #1
Dupree
Rookie

Dupree should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manor poor performance

Does anyone know how is possible that Manor team is performing so badly compared to the testing period? what is changed?
Thank you.

Last edited by Dupree; 16 Apr 2002 at 11:13.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 11:16 (Ref:261939)   #2
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not being funny but it was only one weekend, didn't someone once say one swallow doesn't make a summer
Old 16 Apr 2002, 12:51 (Ref:262062)   #3
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The same Manor who very nearly had three cars in the top six in Brands' opening round? (should have, until Griffin broke down near the end)

Besides, I don't think testing is a true marker of absolute ultimate pace come race weekend when it really matters.

I guess we'll find out this weekend at Oulton ...
Old 16 Apr 2002, 14:08 (Ref:262150)   #4
Zingo
Rookie

Zingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton, Silverstone and Croft left Manor's drivers down the time sheets by quite a scary margin.

Although they were the quickest group as a team all the way through the first round at Brands, these last two weeks have left me quite confused as to where their speed has gone. Croft was strange, Hamilton and Long were super quick in the wet, but as soon as the sun shined they well down the field.

Like Jonny Apex said, guess we'll find out this weekend. Three of the first five were Manor's drivers earlier this year at the pre-season test.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 15:31 (Ref:262232)   #5
pitpopsie
Racer

United Kingdom
Indiana
pitpopsie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It should tell you the answers to all your questions on the drivers/teams websites. Its no good asking here!
Old 16 Apr 2002, 15:35 (Ref:262240)   #6
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Where can I find the manor website now I've tried manormotorsport.com but seems to be something else now
Old 16 Apr 2002, 16:17 (Ref:262285)   #7
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy1978
Where can I find the manor website now I've tried manormotorsport.com but seems to be something else now
www.manormotorsport.co.uk/[/url] will do it
Old 16 Apr 2002, 16:52 (Ref:262312)   #8
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
cheers SJ
Old 18 Apr 2002, 16:11 (Ref:264090)   #9
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FWIW - I think Manor, more than any other team - are really missing the quality of driver they've had in the past.This has made them sink into the grid a bit more, as opposed to the advantage they always seemed to have.

My old mates at Paston are proof of driver importance. Over the last couple of season's, they've been running mid-field at best, but with Mark McLoughlin out, they're at the sharp end again - and they always turn out a good car.

No disrespect to Derek Hayes and other's but they are not Kimi or Pizzonia.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that IMO Richard Attinucci is a bit over-rated. I know that Bernie and others have great plans for him, but to me he's not real star quality. He went off the boil in last years FRen - I seem to remember a very poor race at Snett particularly.

This year so far, qualifying 9th & 10th at BH and 12th both times at Donington - isn't a startling performance for somebody so highly rated. Pizzonia was on the F3 pace straight away....IMHO!
Old 18 Apr 2002, 16:57 (Ref:264123)   #10
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
I still think its a little early in the season to tell I think we should wait it out till at least middle of the season before we start jumping up and down look at last year it all changed around alot at the start of the season

with courtney, davies, hayes and sato all looking like they could take it then by about round 10 it was case of deciding between Sato and Davidson

Courtney suffered from the fact that the Big Cat was nothing more then a kitten

Hayes suffered from the fact that he did want to over take anyone

Davies suffered from sponsorship I thing

and well sato clearly got a rocket up his ar** when davidson won a Pau

So it thing we can say anything can happen
Old 18 Apr 2002, 19:53 (Ref:264240)   #11
pitpopsie
Racer

United Kingdom
Indiana
pitpopsie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, I think super tourer should button his lip! Suggesting that Manors drivers are not good "Quality" huh!
Old 18 Apr 2002, 20:36 (Ref:264265)   #12
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
what are you saying super tourer
FR champions from 1994 - 2000 (not including 97)
come into F3 and with Mark Hynes then with AP in 2000.

Last year they started of well with Derek but seemded to slow mid season and then start showing again near the end with Mr T

This year we've had 2 meetings at Brands Mr T had problems with his Battery and at Don the hole team seemed to have problems. Now I'm just wondering how many people started to right carlin of at this point last year cos I'd really love to serve them up some humble pie

And before someone takes my hands and nails them to across and sticks me where everyone can see me I'm not saying manor will be champions at the end of the season but you shouldn't start saying oh its cos of this and its cos of that, that there of the pace at the moment.
Old 21 Apr 2002, 19:00 (Ref:266640)   #13
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let me just say FRenault performance by Manor driver's at Oulton.....best grid 9th best race result 12th ... not exactly Kimi style is it....

I didn't say they the driver's weren't good quality, I said they are missing the quality of drivers they've had in the past. Surely you don't think that Mark Taylor and Matt Griffin (FRen) are Kimi material. Basically that's my point...the team isn't doing any worse..they just don't have the superstar driver's they've had in the past, which is the factor they are missing most and is reflected in 'their' performance.
Old 29 Apr 2002, 16:45 (Ref:273420)   #14
Dupree
Rookie

Dupree should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Manor poor performance

Quote:
Originally posted by Dupree
Does anyone know how is possible that Manor team in F3 is performing so badly compared to the testing period? what is changed?
Thank you.