Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 24 Jul 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1663667)   #1
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will your MSA pass, pass the test ?

I was led to believe a couple of seasons ago, that your MSA pass would allow you access to racing circuits on race or practise day. Is this still the case, or do we require the relevant ticket?
Old 24 Jul 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1663694)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rixge,

If it's a MSV circuit I would suggest, speaking of experience at Snet, that ideally you would need to have MSV entry tickets to gain access.

We used to be able to show either the MSA marshal's registration card or even a BRSCC season photo identity card, but for the last two seasons only issued MSV tickets have been accepted.

Not sure what the situation is with other circuits but I believe that Silverstone (BRDC Marshals Club) still issues a photo identity card which is valid for marshalling purposes for most Silverstone events except the GP. Perhaps a regular Silverstone marshal will confirm or otherwise advise.

Terry
Old 25 Jul 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1663875)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes at silverstone you have to have your season pass or a circuit issued ticket to gain entry.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1663892)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Oulton's the same as Snett (another MSV circuit). Before the MSV takeover entry was by MS card (note: it's not a pass!) but when MSV took over, that was scrapped & tickets are now required. It caused a lot of whingeing at the time, but now everybody's got used to it there are very few problems - arrangements have been made to cover late volunteers who can't get their tickets in time.

I don't have experience of many circuits, but Cadwell, Croft, Mallory & Anglesey also require tickets for entry.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1663893)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If you find you are able to attend a meeting you haven't previously volunteered for, it is always advisable to e-mail or telephone the Chief Marshal in advance to arrange for tickets to be left on the gate. I don't think many circuits will let you in by producing an MSA Licence these days.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1664084)   #6
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought that might be the case, had problems at Snet two years ago, but they did eventually allow me in!
With Stevens comments in mind, would it not be a good idea to post the details of the chief marshals responsible for each circuit, this may encourage a few more marshals to turn up if they find they have a free day over the weekend. (just a thought)
Excuse the use of the word PASS, meant to say card as in MSA card !
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1664116)   #7
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget RIXGE that the Chief Marshals are attached to the organising Clubs - not necessarily the Circuits
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1664119)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You can normally get their details from the organising clubs website. It gets a little difficult posting lists of e-mail addresses here for legal reasons. If you are really stuck then you could always PM some of the local marshals here who would probably be able to help.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 13:55 (Ref:1664207)   #9
croftmarshal
Rookie

England
Darlington
croftmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
Oulton's the same as Snett (another MSV circuit). Before the MSV takeover entry was by MS card (note: it's not a pass!) but when MSV took over, that was scrapped & tickets are now required. It caused a lot of whingeing at the time, but now everybody's got used to it there are very few problems - arrangements have been made to cover late volunteers who can't get their tickets in time.

I don't have experience of many circuits, but Cadwell, Croft, Mallory & Anglesey also require tickets for entry.

with regards to croft, I have been made aware that if the regular croft marshals have a marshals pass, they can access any of the motor racing events free providing they show their pass and its still in date.

I hope this is correct as I would like to spectate at the bsb in august.

steve
Old 27 Jul 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1666333)   #10
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure on that i think you may find its the same as BRDC any high profile meets like BSB/GP your pass wont work.
I could be wrong here.....
Old 28 Jul 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1666345)   #11
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
definetly follow the advice aboveand have a ticket, about two years ago, just after i had started marshalling i went to oulton without tickets because for some reason i did not recieve them. at the gate at 7 in the morn, dressed in all the orange they would not allow me entry ( before anyone says, iam not having ago at circuit staff, i know they are there to do a job like us and iam mates with a few at oulton, unfortunatly not the one in question). no matter that i was dressed in orange overalls and i even asked who would be at this time in the mornin, without the msv ticket the guy would not allow me entry. well another marshall who shall remain nameless blocked the entrance because he felt agreived by the situation i was in and called to get radio the chief marshall ,. it still was not looking good untill phil( i think he is classed as a coc) come up to the front of the now rather long que to find what was going on and when he realised he pased across a spare ticket
make sre you have a ticket is the point i think