Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 2016, 19:09 (Ref:3688908)   #601
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It has changed in 2016. It used to be a small path just after the tunnel under the track. Now it is at the first exit in the roundabout, where you go into a campsite and follow the road around. If you do it by foot, it is some distance longer.
I have updated my map with the route:
Le Mans Map
I was thinking of a different place. If you look on your map, just after the road (D92) goes under the track on the right there is a line of trees by some allotments (garden areas for vegetables) - actually by the end of the first yellow box with D92 in it. There is a path by the trees and you reach a camp site and can go across it to the track to the point where you note great shot of cars incoming from Arnage.

Sean
Old 17 Nov 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3688942)   #602
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I was thinking of a different place. If you look on your map, just after the road (D92) goes under the track on the right there is a line of trees by some allotments (garden areas for vegetables) - actually by the end of the first yellow box with D92 in it. There is a path by the trees and you reach a camp site and can go across it to the track to the point where you note great shot of cars incoming from Arnage.

Sean
Thanks Sean,
I know the path you are thinking off. I tried to access it this year (2016) and found the gates you go through there to be locked, and was instead redirected to the path indicated on my map. Did you have luck to use the "old" path?
Old 17 Nov 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3688948)   #603
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Sean,
I know the path you are thinking off. I tried to access it this year (2016) and found the gates you go through there to be locked, and was instead redirected to the path indicated on my map. Did you have luck to use the "old" path?
Yes, first time I had been out there. No problem on Saturday evening. Should have said before, thanks for the map very useful.

Sean
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3707854)   #604
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
One for everyone coming from somewhere in the EU: roaming charges for EU mobile subscribers while in the EU are going to be abolished from 15 June (aka while we're at the race); my understanding is that this means the data packages from home are going to be useful across Europe.

So we can Periscope/Facebook Live/whatever if the connection at the track is good enough.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3707858)   #605
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
One for everyone coming from somewhere in the EU: roaming charges for EU mobile subscribers while in the EU are going to be abolished from 15 June (aka while we're at the race); my understanding is that this means the data packages from home are going to be useful across Europe.

So we can Periscope/Facebook Live/whatever if the connection at the track is good enough.
That means +200.000 people will be connecting to use data.
I don't see any good connection happening.
Old 30 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3707861)   #606
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That means +200.000 people will be connecting to use data.
I don't see any good connection happening.
Well no, in 2015 I could barely get enough signal during the race to post 2 pictures on Facebook during the whole 24h.
Old 18 Jul 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3752528)   #607
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
For those amongst you who use the Le Mans Tourist Office as a source of tickets, Nadine will retire 1st of january. She already has shifted the ticket duty to her colleague Catherine (no family! Note the single 't' instead of double):
catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3774909)   #608
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a question for you guys!

Does anyone know how you would get into the Scrutineering area where all of the drivers and teams go. As I've seen some people go into this area but not sure which ticket it would be to get in there. Thank you!
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3774912)   #609
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
That would be a Pitwalk ticket. 650 euro for non-members, 420 euro for ACO Racing auto elite members (249 euro/year). Discount on two tickets maximum. See also the recent Pitwalk Ticket thread: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151829
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3774913)   #610
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Scrutineering is on the sunday/monday the weekend before the race in town and not at the circuit i think, and i do not think you need any tickets, several others on here go so they will know more
Old 18 Oct 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3774917)   #611
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I thought you meant the pit/paddock area....
If you indeed mean scrutineering in town, it is like GT6 mentioned on Sunday and Monday at the beginning of race-week in the town centre, at Place de la Republique. I'm not sure you can buy tickets to go in the inner-circle, but as an ACO member you can take a free guided tour which takes you inside. I then sneak off to take pictures and leave the guide and my fellow tour-members alone because a) I am not that fluent in French and b) know more about Le Mans than the guide anyway....
I often take that tour twice on the Sunday, and twice on the Monday
Old 22 Oct 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3775652)   #612
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I am considering going to LM 2018 with my Son (14yrs old) and also thinking about joining the ACO club. I have a couple of questions:

Q1. Is it too late to join the ACO club and obtain discounted tickets / camping for 2018?
Q2. Can my son benefit from my membership of ACO club, i.e discount tickets, attend the ACO club grandstand, etc?
Q3. Can anybody give me the contact details for Nadine?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Old 22 Oct 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3775659)   #613
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
OK if you wish you can join the aco when you arrive at le mans in June and get the tickets at the discount rate, my membership is due for renewal at the end of November but i have already got my order for tickets in.
Each membership gets you 6 discounted tickets but your son is under 16 so it is free for him anyway.
If their are any grandstand t17/18 left you can by two only.
With any youngster choice of campsites is important, go for the best you can get, safety being the main concern.
Nadine is now about to retire but new contact is
Catherine Boutier
catherine.boutier@lemans-tourisme.fr

She does speak english and t/no
+33 (0)243281291
Tell her Simon and Vince say Bon Jour

She will get you sorted and give you any help you need

Simon
Old 24 Oct 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3776104)   #614
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
I've got a question for you guys!

Does anyone know how you would get into the Scrutineering area where all of the drivers and teams go. As I've seen some people go into this area but not sure which ticket it would be to get in there. Thank you!
When the Scrutineering was moved to Place de la République suddenly there were folks who gained access to the inner sanctum in addition to the teams, officials and media. They had paid up several hundred Euros I was told. Usually laden down with masses of photos to get signed by the drivers and then to flog on E Bay............total pain as the drivers did not want to get involved with this money grabbing exercise. Interviews with genuine media became hard to arrange and were frequently interrupted, I had chase several idiots away when acting as a press officer for a team over a number of years...........I cannot be certain but I do not recall that being the case back in June but I had a different function in 2017 so may not have noticed. There is nothing on the website about tickets and the ACO rarely miss an opportunity to generate some petty cash - especially in the post-VW era when austerity beckons............
Old 25 Oct 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3776338)   #615
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO has tours inside the area, you have to be a member, you can sign up for the tour outside the area at the club stand. You are however not free to move inside the area. They ask you polite to stay with the group. It depends on your 'tourguide' how free you are moving arround.
Old 3 Nov 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3778341)   #616
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I missed it, but any date for the testing day(s) yet?
Old 3 Nov 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3778345)   #617
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Media View Post
Maybe I missed it, but any date for the testing day(s) yet?
2 weeks before the race as always in previous years, so 3 June.
Old 3 Nov 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3778348)   #618
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Or do you mean the Paul Ricard testing?
Old 4 Nov 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3778515)   #619
JD Media
Racer

Netherlands
Zandvoort
JD Media should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the Le Mans test date. How about the Monza test, it's back to Ricard?
Old 4 Nov 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3778529)   #620
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I'm living in the past, sorry for the confusion.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3795353)   #621
Full Top Max
Rookie

Croatia
HR
Full Top Max should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it possible to ask a car class related question here? Doesn't seem like something for making a new topic.

Porsche 934 in 1976, entered in Group 5. http://www.racingsportscars.com/chas...70%200164.html

Wasn't 934 a Group 4 car, and 935 a Group 5? That's all, thanks
Old 30 Jan 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3796945)   #622
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Top Max View Post
Is it possible to ask a car class related question here? Doesn't seem like something for making a new topic.

Porsche 934 in 1976, entered in Group 5. http://www.racingsportscars.com/chas...70%200164.html

Wasn't 934 a Group 4 car, and 935 a Group 5? That's all, thanks
You might have better luck in this area of the forum:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132821

Old 5 Feb 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3798596)   #623
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Ticket-related question: I ordered a Pitwalk ticket in the end for this year's race, but for some reason the ACO only sent me a voucher instead of the actual pass. Does anyone know where that voucher will have to be exchanged for the pass? Rotonde? Museum? Or where else might the ticket office be?
Old 5 Feb 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3798669)   #624
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would guess the Actisud (off the dual carriageway alongside the airport)? I think that took over ticket distribution from the Rotunde which (I could be wrong) was taken over by Porsche? Mind you, with Porsche having run off to hide with their rather fortunate spoils from the last two years, it could be back to the Rotunde.....
Old 19 Jun 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3831906)   #625
JJlehto1992
Rookie

Finland
JJlehto1992 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all! Once again one great 24h is over. As i'm starting to plan my next years trip (ninth time), I'm looking to get different campsite than beausejour where we have stayed the past four years.

Im a huge endurance fan from Finland and Le Mans is a must visit every year if possible at any way. Every year I'm jealously watching all the sets of equipment people are bringing with them. For us, we have quite limited options for camping equipments (a tent and chairs basically), so our basic idea has been flying to Paris, get a rental car and then at the trackside travelling with a car for the whole weekend to grocery shop(this year we went to sentre sud for every single day) and other side of the track (mulsanne/arnage).

Next year we were thinking to get, if possible, tent pitch at tertre rouge, or other options near the permanent trackside. Any advice or ideas would be welcome to make our trip more pleasant but basically I'm just wondering how easy is to travel with a car from tertre rouge and other camping locations during the race week. From beausejour, we haven't had any issues.

Have to say also that Ive been reading this forum for couple of years now and really got many good tips, advises and read great topics about the sport overall!!
Closed Thread