Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 15 Jun 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3422063)   #1
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VW Fun Cup - Brands Hatch 14/06

So the race was red - flagged with 20mins to go because of this... (NSFW language) http://youtu.be/v7cS4SIHMWw anyone with more info on what happensed to the driver? And quite how he managed it in the first place?
Old 15 Jun 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3422076)   #2
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTF, how brain dead can people be! I just don't understand how anyone can think that is a good idea. I would love to know what happened as well if anyone got any more info?
Old 15 Jun 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3422301)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
And quite how he managed it in the first place?
Just drove through the collection area and down the pit lane as can be seen !
As it's probably never happened before it was easy !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Jun 2014, 06:02 (Ref:3422384)   #4
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I meant how was this allowed to happen!

http://youtu.be/Mp1lF0bmBCw

so more footage here...
Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3422405)   #5
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The stupidity of some people knows no bounds.... I think it was allowed to happen simply because no one ever thought anyone would be stupid enough to do it! On. A different note I have heard this is now being looked into by the police.......
Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3422409)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2000 View Post
I think it was allowed to happen simply because no one ever thought anyone would be stupid enough to do it!
Exactly what I said, what it will do is stop the freedom of movement around the pit area and entrance tunnel that some of us have enjoyed most weekends for years !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Jun 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3422427)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, I bet our movements at the MSVR meeting I'm off to at Cadwell in a couple of weeks time will be heavily restricted from now on.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3422448)   #8
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can clearly hear him say he intended to drive onto the circuit, so I think he will find himself in deep ****. The annoying thing is this is only going to make access to genuine race fans more restricted.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3422452)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think its fake, look closely at the 2nd video the guy appears to have a helmet on and I cannot see passengers. The footage could have been taken on a track day or test day which allows passengers, great promotion for the Fun Cup (maybe) which may end up biting them in the arse as people don't like being fooled!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3422455)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
A great disservice to our marshals and the Brands Hatch officials, I think who ever organised this and if its the Fun Cup people for cheap publicity this should be punished accordingly.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3422456)   #11
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely not a fake or a set up......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ddle-race.html
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3422459)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha so you are saying if its in the Daily Mail it must be true lol!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3422461)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have raced at Brands many many times and I am convinced this wouldn't have been possible sorry I need more evidence before I accept this as true.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3422464)   #14
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al.

I was there. Unfortunately it did indeed occur. White polo just came from the pits and did a lap. Police are looking into it and hopefully those involved will be prosecuted.

Ruined a great possible ending to a good race.

Simon
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3422466)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can't argue with the prank level of this however stupid!

But for those that have been to Brands, this meant he got through the tunnel, into the pits and the damned pitlane! How on earth is that possible?

Many questions needs answering.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3422468)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
We will see and if it turns out to be genuine I will publically apologise on here.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:36 (Ref:3422471)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
As a matter of interest did he shoot the red light when he came on to the circuit or was that on green???? BTW does anyone agree in the trackside footage that he is wearing a helmet?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3422475)   #18
snowen250
Veteran

None were wearing helmets when they came past me at Druids
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3422477)   #19
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
If it is for a marketing campaign, what will be the tagline?

"Volkswagen Polo - Unleash your inner chav and ruin things for everyone else"

...?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3422484)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Could you see passengers in the car Ian?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3422488)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have carefully looked again and I can see the white of a helmet and no front passenger, the rear conveniently is blacked out, juries still out for me.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3422496)   #22
snowen250
Veteran

Al,

unsure if you meant me by 'Ian' but here is what I saw.

Two passengers in the front, one male one female neither wearing helmets. Blonde girl was the pax.

Couldn't see the rear as blacked out windows.

Simon
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3422512)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I did mean you Ian, fair enough I wasn't there but it seems so incredible that its natural to doubt it.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3422513)   #24
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I have carefully looked again and I can see the white of a helmet and no front passenger, the rear conveniently is blacked out, juries still out for me.
Sorry Al, your apology will be accepted.

I was coming down from the start rostrum aware that a race car was leaving his pit after the final pit stop. Pit exit was on green, as I got to the bottom of the steps, two cars passed me at speed. The first car was a White VW saloon, the second car was a FunCup race car who had been delayed by repairs in the pits. If the pit exit lights had been changed to red, I am sure the "chav" would have taken notice of it () and he would have had a race car in his rear.

When the car pulled off at the parc ferme area they were faced by some very angry VW and Jedi team members, and things could have turned very nasty. As Gordon has said elsewhere, this could make access to the F1 Paddock much more restricted in future.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3422518)   #25
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
During a normal meeting with 15 to 20 minute track sessions, there are tunnel guardians who can close off the in tunnel so that taller vehicles (often recovery vehicles) can go out through the taller in tunnel.

As the Fun Cuppers would have had the garages for that meeting, maybe the tunnel guardians were permitted to stand down for a bit, making it that bit easier for the chavs to get in.

There is a piece in the Sun today apparently as well.

Last edited by andrewc; 16 Jun 2014 at 10:39.