Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3298627)   #101
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
He may be reporting it, but is it actually factual?

"The new United Sports Car Racing series has already said that they won't be back to Baltimore under any circumstances."
That's what I said. He's reporting it. It's not fact until a schedule is released.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:12 (Ref:3298632)   #102
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An announcement from USCR is coming tomorrow Wednesday Sept 4th. It could be the 2014 Schedule and/or the 2014 Regulations. I don't have a time unfortunately.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3298634)   #103
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
An announcement from USCR is coming tomorrow Wednesday Sept 4th. It could be the 2014 Schedule and/or the 2014 Regulations. I don't have a time unfortunately.
My bet is that it is actually only the launch of "www.imsa.com". Come on, we must be used to these over-hyped announcements by now!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3298635)   #104
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"something" is coming tomorrow, per Dagys earlier today:

https://twitter.com/johndagys/status...651521/photo/1
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:41 (Ref:3298639)   #105
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highly probable to be the schedule. It's done, announcement was finished on Saturday...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 03:57 (Ref:3298645)   #106
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Schedule Wednesday.

Rules release....I think they don't even know!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 04:09 (Ref:3298647)   #107
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
To be fair, if we see a schedule tomorrow it will be a marked improvement. For many years, the schedule wasn't released until the last round (for example, the Petit Le Mans).

Andy Flinn
Old 4 Sep 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3298652)   #108
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any one see the background of that pic? looks like a sports car website ive havent seen before.ill bet it'll just be the release of the new website.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3298667)   #109
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't look at the background. I bet it's Dagys' new blog site....if that's the case, then this dude is possibly the biggest narcissist I've met in years...

I'm gonna laugh hysterically if it is.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3298670)   #110
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlinn View Post
To be fair, if we see a schedule tomorrow it will be a marked improvement. For many years, the schedule wasn't released until the last round (for example, the Petit Le Mans).

Andy Flinn
Which was usually 3 weeks from now. Also, the first ALMS event was always in March. The new series starts with Daytona in January, more than 6 weeks earlier. Seems like they're 3 weeks late.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3298676)   #111
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Which was usually 3 weeks from now. Also, the first ALMS event was always in March. The new series starts with Daytona in January, more than 6 weeks earlier. Seems like they're 3 weeks late.
Daytona is in January, Sebring is in March, what seems to be the confusion? Really?

L.P.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3298685)   #112
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Daytona is in January, Sebring is in March, what seems to be the confusion? Really?

L.P.
Uh, are you confused? Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 08:34 (Ref:3298706)   #113
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is the schedule release, here is my final guess:

1. Daytona (24hrs)
2. Sebring (12hrs)
3. Laguna Seca
4. Detroit
5. Mosport Park
6. Road America
7. Watkins Glen (6hrs)
8. Indy
9. Kansas
10. COTA
11. Petit Le Mans (10hrs)

Though i am expecting possible surprises, possibly a track that ALMS or Grand-Am haven't visited this year.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3298707)   #114
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I didn't look at the background. I bet it's Dagys' new blog site....if that's the case, then this dude is possibly the biggest narcissist I've met in years...

I believe you are correct.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3298710)   #115
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

How dare a freelance sportscar journalist actually try and make some money or raise his profile.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 10:39 (Ref:3298749)   #116
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pretty sure it's not the regs ... naturally the series started with picking a lame name, paying a lot of cash for a bad logo, assigning titles, then started thinking about sports car racing.

Naturally, the most basic and primary thing---the rules, which are essential to attract entrants--will be the last thing they get to--hopefully before the first race, but I'm not holding my breath.

I really don't get the hate for Dagys.

If I had a website and wanted to make enough money covering sports car racing to be able to keep covering sports car racing, I would promote my site when I could. Anyone with a functioning brain would.

In fact, it is Business 101--Anyone here who would do otherwise would fail, and then likely, out of bitterness, slag off Dagys even worse.

I don't find him to be warm and friendly, but he is hard-working, knowledgeable, and talented. Maybe some of the folks who put him down should take over and show us all how the job should be done. We certainly could use more journalists covering sports cars.

Go for it.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3298779)   #117
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Outside of PR, Dagys is about to provide the only FREE coverage that we get. I'm not a big fan of overhype at times, but I understand that to some degree it is necessary. Heck, proof is in the pudding, the hype has people talking about him, and his announcement. I wish him luck with this endeavour, as there was once multiples of sites providing coverage, and they've mostly all gone away.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3298790)   #118
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
If it is the schedule release, here is my final guess:

1. Daytona (24hrs)
2. Sebring (12hrs)
3. Laguna Seca
4. Detroit
5. Mosport Park
6. Road America
7. Watkins Glen (6hrs)
8. Indy
9. Kansas
10. COTA
11. Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Long Beach was semi-announced when they sent out ticket renewals for the LBGP and USCR was on the schedule. Indy will be in May with an Indycar doubleheader. Should be annouced on Friday.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3298809)   #119
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Long Beach was semi-announced when they sent out ticket renewals for the LBGP and USCR was on the schedule. Indy will be in May with an Indycar doubleheader. Should be annouced on Friday.
So i'm wrong already by missing out Long Beach, i was always under the impression that Long Beach was going to be too small for the combined grid.

Then again saying that apart from LMGT which i see likely to remain the same, are we going to get as strong numbers in the other classes and a big a field as we seem to be anticipating?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3298817)   #120
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No problem with biog grids: today's announcement is that they won't figure out DP vs. P2 in time for 2014, so USCR will be an all-GT series for the first year.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3298822)   #121
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Then Detroit or Kansas will be dropped.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:08 (Ref:3298825)   #122
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Since people are complaining about a lack of news sources how about that one:

Quote:
The new aerodynamic package for the Daytona Prototype has been tested! Our Chad Casey reports that a new front splitter, duel element rear wing and under floor tunnels were used.
http://gaunleashed.tumblr.com/post/6...as-been-tested
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3298830)   #123
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Start your laughing. The future is here.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3298831)   #124
Tim240z
Rookie

United States
Tim240z should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not gonna lie... I think adding some nifty aero bits to the DPs might do something for their looks.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3298843)   #125
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Start your laughing. The future is here.
There's nothing to laugh about. The site looks good.