Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 Apr 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2858896)   #1
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VLN Nordschleife 2/4/11

An alternative to BTCC.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0792.jpg   CIMG0812.jpg   CIMG0797.jpg  

CIMG0814.jpeg   CIMG0793.jpeg   CIMG0821.jpeg  

Old 5 Apr 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2859323)   #2
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

At first I thought that was a marshal in the bottom left
not a photographer????
Old 5 Apr 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2859333)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
At first I thought that was a marshal in the bottom left
not a photographer????
Wondered who would spot that first.
Apple, it is a marshal, and the person taking the photo was another marshal, me.
This is the green flag lap, but it is treated like a parade lap. They follow behind a pace car and we were allowed to take photos.
The St Georges' flag was also removed at the end of the parade lap. As can be seen in the photo bottom right, which was also taken by me, during my stand down time. The photo has also been edited, I was a lot further back than the photo has you believe.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2859344)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
what was the racing like white flag man? the ring is on my 'to do' list....would love to go across there...whats the VLN like?
Old 5 Apr 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2859363)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
what was the racing like white flag man? the ring is on my 'to do' list....would love to go across there...whats the VLN like?
180 cars, which apparently was a bit short. Everything from big AMG Mercs to Opel Corsas. 4 hours of racing on the best circuit on earth.
Didn't have a clue who won. No tannoy, no screens and they don't go round the full circuit after the chequered flag, but I didn't care, I was in heaven.
You get to walk up the pit lane on Saturday, which is a bit manic while they're practising!
Do it and do it now!
Old 5 Apr 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2859364)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
haha yep gota do it soon, its on my list with le mans
Old 5 Apr 2011, 20:56 (Ref:2859367)   #7
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
haha yep gota do it soon, its on my list with le mans
Did Lemons 3 years ago. "When" you go, try and get a pits grandstand seat (for the start and finish), you won't regret it.
Like to do Daytona 500 and Bathurst, but may have to be on credit!
Old 5 Apr 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2859374)   #8
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next time bring a small pocket radio Nick, they are on air all race long.
Hope you liked my effort in practice with the wee incident.

Good to see you guys there, it was my first time at the Ring since quite a few years.
Old 5 Apr 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2859384)   #9
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Did Lemons 3 years ago. "When" you go, try and get a pits grandstand seat (for the start and finish), you won't regret it.
Like to do Daytona 500 and Bathurst, but may have to be on credit!
yeh id love to do daytona/bristol and the indy500 too....oh and ponoma nhra...but may have to wait a bit!....

....spa is an incredible track, was lucky enough to go a few years back, so yeh lemans and the ring next....try to stay awake for the entire 24hrs!!
Old 6 Apr 2011, 06:56 (Ref:2859482)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Next time bring a small pocket radio Nick, they are on air all race long.
Hope you liked my effort in practice with the wee incident.

Good to see you guys there, it was my first time at the Ring since quite a few years.
Thanks Eddy.
It was great to see you. Nice to see your magnet is still in good working order and thanks for not bringing it to our post, but still giving us a bit of work to do.
See you soon.
Old 6 Apr 2011, 06:59 (Ref:2859483)   #11
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Quote:
yeh id love to do daytona/bristol and the indy500 too....oh and ponoma nhra...but may have to wait a bit!....

....spa is an incredible track, was lucky enough to go a few years back, so yeh lemans and the ring next....try to stay awake for the entire 24hrs!!
Spa would be great, could even tie it in with the ring.
As for staying awake, when I went to Lemons, I managed until about 9am, the I just crashed!
Old 6 Apr 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2859748)   #12
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick,we were in the pit lane Friday,are you still in that time warp