Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Apr 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3629257)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R1 - Montalegre, Portugal

Here we go then, first Supercar entry list of the year:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/S...tugal%20RX.pdf

And the Super 1600 list here:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/S...tugal%20RX.pdf

23 Supercars
33 Super 1600
Old 1 Apr 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3629268)   #2
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a quick look at last year's event, 2 more supercars and a massive 12 more super1600. Would be great if that many turned up to Lydden (and expect at least 30+ supercars at Lydden too). Positive numbers to start a venue which has historically had low entries.

Will the Lites be there too?
Old 1 Apr 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3629341)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
More Portugese entries compared to last couple of years.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3629381)   #4
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No team mate for Liam. Shame no Guy Wilks. Strong start to 2016 anyone know if there's livestream this year. Quest ain't in HD
Old 3 Apr 2016, 09:54 (Ref:3629797)   #5
dougcross70's
Rookie

United Kingdom
N Yorks
dougcross70's should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
World Rallycross Championships

The FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy will be broadcast live and in full for the first time on free-to-air television in the UK and Ireland in 2016. Quest has secured a deal to broadcast all 12 Championship rounds live on Sunday afternoons. In addition, the highlights show will be available to watch on ITV4 the following Tuesday evening and on Eurosport.

Last year Quest broadcast the highlights on Monday evenings with the final round in Argentina shown live on the channel. ITV4 – part of the ITV network – has not shown rallycross previously but has agreed to air World RX Championship highlights at 8pm on Tuesday evenings. Eurosport has committed to broadcast World RX highlights for the third year in a row.

Quest is available on Freeview channel 37, Sky on 144 or Virgin on 172. ITV4 can be viewed on Freeview channel 24. Eurosport 1 is available on Sky channel 410, Virgin Media 511 and BT TV 412. Eurosport 2 is on Sky channel 411, Virgin Media 525 and BT TV 413.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3631057)   #6
juha205
Rookie

Spain
Galicia (Northwest Spain)
juha205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More Supercars and S1600 than last years, but no Lites... will be more gaps between heats. Nobody knows what happens with Gigi Galli?
Old 30 Apr 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3637359)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Interest in WRX has gone away?
Have to admit only watched it a couple of days ago.

Strong start for Solberg.
Great to see Larsson in 2nd place.
Old 2 May 2016, 06:36 (Ref:3637748)   #8
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Interest in WRX has gone away?
Have to admit only watched it a couple of days ago.
Didn't watch it at all. Three years were enough. Maybe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3YmT2d-8k
Old 3 May 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3638060)   #9
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Strong start for Solberg.
Great to see Larsson in 2nd place.
A slightly controversial start to the year, but a great start for Solberg. I thought that Petter's team might be overwhelmed by the competition (and the results on Saturday weren't a great start), but it seems that the DS3 is still competitive. I really hope Solberg can make it three in a row this year, to win with the level of competition this year would be great, especially if he is to move on to something else next year.

Good debut for the Focus RS RX in the hands of Bakkerud. I was expecting a lot more from Block, hopefully he will deliver at round 2.

Decent start for Loeb. Made the final and looked to have the pace to challenge the front runners, so hopefully more to come from him as well.
Old 3 May 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3638073)   #10
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he probably has the best engine and is the best driver in the field so not too unexpected, if he just takes the start then the race is pretty much finished. Had hoped that Ekström would make into the final but was takes out by Hansen ...

Block had a lot of technical problems, ending one heat with a computer malfunction that made the throttle stuck at 100 %. He will probably do better I hope during the rest of the season.
Old 4 May 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3638375)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Well he probably has the best engine and is the best driver in the field so not too unexpected, if he just takes the start then the race is pretty much finished. Had hoped that Ekström would make into the final but was takes out by Hansen ...
Yeah, that's a fair point with the engine and I certainly don't disagree with regards to his skill behind the wheel. His small team are now up against some pretty serious competition though. Just looking at the amount of development Ford/M-Sport have put into the Focus makes you realize just how much is going into the cars now.

Still, Petter has deeper pockets (and I suspect a lot more industry contacts) than most privateers!
Old 5 May 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3638951)   #12
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Solberg started to up the game with bigger trucks and fancier stuff, so I don't see him as just a privateer. Ford will come on strong, strange that only American spotlight caught the factory's attention, as Ford drivers have been around for years! Disappointed to see the Swedish Polo's now merged together.
Old 5 May 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3638987)   #13
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
Disappointed to see the Swedish Polo's now merged together.
Why?
Old 6 May 2016, 04:07 (Ref:3639031)   #14
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
There are now half the number of Polo's... And they al look the same...
Old 6 May 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3639064)   #15
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS View Post
There are now half the number of Polo's... And they al look the same...
They had actually planned for it the season before but plans fell apart for some reason. I mean sure they cut out half of the Polos but the merge made it easier and cheaper for both to compete in the WRX. Marklund Motorport for example have their base in Boden which is very far up north in Sweden and both teams use Trollspeed engines.

It is sad with two cars gone but it was probably for the better. It is odd though that there only will be five different Polos built by them that competes in ERX and WRX since I believe there are some more cars that they have built in the past.
Old 6 May 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3639249)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
The support series get no coverage this year?

Quote:
They had actually planned for it the season before but plans fell apart for some reason. I mean sure they cut out half of the Polos but the merge made it easier and cheaper for both to compete in the WRX. Marklund Motorport for example have their base in Boden which is very far up north in Sweden and both teams use Trollspeed engines.

It is sad with two cars gone but it was probably for the better. It is odd though that there only will be five different Polos built by them that competes in ERX and WRX since I believe there are some more cars that they have built in the past.
"Polo is the new Fiesta"
Old 6 May 2016, 22:48 (Ref:3639308)   #17
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is odd though that there only will be five different Polos built by them that competes in ERX and WRX since I believe there are some more cars that they have built in the past.
Besides Kristoffersson, Marklunds and I guess Linneruds polo, which are the other two? Coox maybe and ??
Old 9 May 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3640288)   #18
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
Besides Kristoffersson, Marklunds and I guess Linneruds polo, which are the other two? Coox maybe and ??
Could be wrong but isn't Veiby supposed to do some rounds? They have one test car though that Veiby is driving in order to keep developing the manufacture cars since they spend little time at their base in Arvika.

Foust will do two rounds too if I remember correctly, Lydden and Estering. If he competes I guess he gets a Polo from them as well. At least I counted Marklund, Kristoffersson, Linnerud, Coox and maybe (it is one car at least) Veiby or Foust that I remembered just know.
Old 9 May 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3640323)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Could be wrong but isn't Veiby supposed to do some rounds? They have one test car though that Veiby is driving in order to keep developing the manufacture cars since they spend little time at their base in Arvika.

Foust will do two rounds too if I remember correctly, Lydden and Estering. If he competes I guess he gets a Polo from them as well. At least I counted Marklund, Kristoffersson, Linnerud, Coox and maybe (it is one car at least) Veiby or Foust that I remembered just know.
The Polo Foust used previously is the one that Coox now has isn't it?
Old 9 May 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3640413)   #20
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

Correct
Old 9 May 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3640415)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yes

When Coox got it it had still some yellow parts.
Old 9 May 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3640418)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Where are the Polo's used in 2014 GRC?