Adam Ashmore 11 9.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jan 2004, 05:17 (Ref:826199)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Top 3 drivers not in a Ferrari, Williams or McLaren

At the start of this decade, I cant say I was overly impressed with the future drivers of Formula One.

I wondered when Michael (and Mika) retired, was the new champion just going to be some guy sitting in the right seat at the right time.

However in 2003, I saw the future. While none of them (IMO) are in Senna's or Schumachers league yet, they could be. Finally, I see some potential stars.

It does'nt matter how great you are, if your not in a top seat, you'll amount to nothing (Fisi).

We have another thread speculating on who will get a good drive in 2005, but this is a little different.

If 3 seats became available tomorrow in the top 3 teams, what 3 drivers deserve them. Forget contracts, team orders and other things. I want to know, who (other than MS, RB, JPM, RS, KR and DC) is good enough for an A-Seat.

So the top 3 drivers are.......

(Note - in this poll you can vote for 3 drivers)
Old 3 Jan 2004, 05:24 (Ref:826202)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I went for Alonso, Webber and Button (I would also like to have Fisi on the list)

Just missing out - Adam Ashmore
Old 3 Jan 2004, 05:51 (Ref:826211)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I chose Alonso, Button and Fisi. I would have chose Webber too if I had one more option. Button is a little bit of a bias and hope. He is good but made some silly mistakes at the start of the season.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 05:51 (Ref:826212)   #4
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree....Alonso, Webber and Button seem to be the stars of the future, and already, they have more than met the expectations the public had set on them.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 06:09 (Ref:826222)   #5
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso (no contest) + 2 from Webber, Button, Fisichella and Heidfeld.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 07:30 (Ref:826246)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso, Webber and Heidfeld. Fisichella would also be rated, but he's no longer a newbie.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 07:38 (Ref:826252)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber, Alonso, Button....

Adam Ashmore got into Autosport recently, so he cant be half bad Sorry, but I could pick but 3
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Jan 2004, 08:24 (Ref:826269)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Top 3 drivers not in a Ferrari, Williams or McLaren

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

(Note - in this poll you can vote for 3 drivers)
This little snippit makes the job of voting easier.

If there had of been only 1 vote allowed not sure what one i would have gone for. Alonso because of his 2 poles and a win, or Jenson and Webber because i believe they could have done the same thing in the Renault of 03.

So, i'll go for all 3. Alonso, Button and Webber
Old 3 Jan 2004, 08:43 (Ref:826281)   #9
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, one is definitelly Mr. Ashmore. As for the other 2, I have no clue...

PS: I voted Button, Fissi and Webber. I don't want to vote Alonso or Trulli; Renault is pretty much in the "top 3" cars..

Last edited by Red; 3 Jan 2004 at 08:46.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 08:52 (Ref:826295)   #10
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Badoer option?
Old 3 Jan 2004, 09:01 (Ref:826302)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
No Badoer option?
I had to draw the line somewhere. So if your not as good as Adam, your not on the list.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 09:17 (Ref:826309)   #12
devil racer nz
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
devil racer nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Alonso
2. Webber
3. Fisichella
Old 3 Jan 2004, 09:22 (Ref:826312)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I had to draw the line somewhere. So if your not as good as Adam, your not on the list.
Hmm... hmmm.......

<suspiciously eyeing some of those names in the list>
Old 3 Jan 2004, 10:00 (Ref:826343)   #14
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems I voted for the same ones that most others have in two of my choices but my third appears to be a dark horse.....From The Land Of The Rising Sun....
I firmly believe if Sato can keep it on the black stuff then with good fortune and a following wind both he and Button can regularly compete for top 6 places......I know I know I can hear you all laughing from here but I reckon they could do rather well this year but obviously not be up with the top 3 teams as they are pretty much ia a division all of their own.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 10:01 (Ref:826344)   #15
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber and Button and Alonso for me
Old 3 Jan 2004, 11:42 (Ref:826392)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My calls were Alonso, Button and Webber, all 3 of whom showed massive potential last year. Those 3 along with Fisichella have got 55 out of 75 possible votes (assumign that everyone voted for 3 drivers) which is a clear indication of how highly we rate them. Giancarlo only lost out in my reckoning ebcause he didn't seem fully committed last season when the car was bad - compare that to Alonso's 2001 efforts at Minardi, and Button's progress by late 2001.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 13:10 (Ref:826456)   #17
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
1. Webber
2. Alonso
3. Button

are my picks all and are the future of our sport with Kimmi
Old 3 Jan 2004, 14:46 (Ref:826530)   #18
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Webber and Alonso potential superstars. Hard third pick between Fisichella (natural talent) and Button (will still be good in a competitive car).

According to Autosport Top 50, Scott Dixon and Sam Hornish Jnr are better than all of them except Alonso. I think there are 10 IRL/CART drivers and about 7 NASCAR drivers on the list...wonder how they published it with a straight face.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 14:57 (Ref:826537)   #19
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sam Hornish? Shouldn't a top 50 driver be required to use a brake pedal whilst racing?

Seriously though my top 3 would be:
1) Alonso
2) Webber
3) Shall remain nameless to avoid upsetting some of our more illustrious posters
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 3 Jan 2004, 15:01 (Ref:826542)   #20
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Its ok mate, but how did you vote for him 7 times?
Old 3 Jan 2004, 15:06 (Ref:826547)   #21
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that Heinz has left... mmm... Alonso, Webber and... Heidfeld. Though Button was better last year. Trulli? Hmmm. So good when he's good but....
Old 3 Jan 2004, 15:21 (Ref:826553)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso, Button, Webber. In no particular order.
Old 3 Jan 2004, 16:14 (Ref:826587)   #23
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about alphabetical
Old 3 Jan 2004, 16:31 (Ref:826592)   #24
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One more person that is very underrated is DaMatta. I think this year he will separate himself from Panis. Remember he was new to many of the tracks and still was able to keep pace and beat OP. Shame he drives one of those cars
Old 3 Jan 2004, 16:57 (Ref:826607)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put simply, Jacques, Cristiano and Fernando. Heck, even the stats support me. A F1, CART and Indy champion, a CART and Indy Lights champion and a World Series and F1 race winner.

Easily beating those in Ferraris, McLarens or Williamses - given they raced with Ferraris, McLarens or Williamses.