Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:48 (Ref:840245)   #1
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen is getting mighty impatient.

According to sponsor Trust, the people around Verstappen want a decision from Eddie Jordan regarding whether or not Jos drives for the team in 2004 today. Time is running out for the sponsors because they need it to organise their sponsorprograms. CEO Michel Perridon of Trust was quoted earlier as saying he wants a deal before the midst of november 2003 in order to put up a decent program. Later he said he wanted to sit under the christmastree with a big smile on his face (whether or not he succeeded in doing so, I don´t know, I do know that Jos wasn´t signed before that time).

Jos is fired up and ready to go and is getting fed up with teams leaving him hanging.

So, at the end of this day we´ll know Jos will be in for 2004 at Jordan.

Last edited by NiceGuyEddie; 16 Jan 2004 at 11:49.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:18 (Ref:840315)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Verstappen is getting mighty impatient.

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuyEddie

So, at the end of this day we´ll know Jos will be in for 2004 at Jordan.
Why?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:24 (Ref:840326)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm, not a fan of Jos, or his sponsors for that matter (they seem to share the same attitude). However, does Eddie need to tarnish his reputation with sponsors any further?

As for Jos being fed up, well, beggers cant be choosers.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:28 (Ref:840419)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly do you think Eddie is waiting for anyway?

The only plausible answer I can think of, is the possibility he is going to sell the team, and the new owner may have his own plan?

Your right Wrex, Eddie cannot further ruin his rep with sponsors, but maybe his team is in worse shape than we know. That would certainly be troubling...

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:31 (Ref:840426)   #5
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
kind of ironic...Jos wanting something to happen "quick"...not a word I have associated with him in the past :wink:
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:32 (Ref:840429)   #6
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Verstappen is getting mighty impatient.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Why?
I forgot to add... "or not"

Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:32 (Ref:840430)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I dont think its anythign like that. Ironically, I think the holdup for Jos is exactly the same reason for him being in the running to begin with : The seat is going to the highest bidder.

And obviously, the bidding has'nt stopped.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:38 (Ref:840445)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
OMG, his sponsors are as arrogant as he is
Quote:
from Yahoo Sport
Verstappen, together with his manager and financial partners, have given an ultimatum to the Silverstone-based squad to have an answer immediately. A risky plan that has the merit of clarifying the situation once and for all.

According to Verstappen's manager Raymond Vermeulen, another important element is that Jos finds it essential to have some time to test the car before the beginning of the season. "For this reason, we want to know where we stand, right now!" said Vermeulen.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:41 (Ref:840453)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame that Jordan has to go begging with hat in hand.
What a fall from grace.

Actually, its a shame for F1 to be seen having to condone this, for a teams survival...

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:53 (Ref:840475)   #10
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, I hope Eddie has the balls to not be pressured and tell Jos, your moneys great...your not, and neithers your attitude so enjoy racing Karts next year.

"Hey Allan....got a minute, something I want to put to you"
Old 16 Jan 2004, 16:20 (Ref:840591)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Irony, a word much used in this thread. Indeed it's ironic that Jos has never had so much cash behind, yet still looks like being one of the last to sign a deal - if at all...

Not a great fan of Jos per se, but it does beg the question what EJ is waiting for, you would have thought in Jordan's position they would have grabbed his arm off.

Who's waiting for what, I wonder?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 17:55 (Ref:840688)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's already been denied by all parties involved.

Jos, Michel Peridon, Harry Muermans and Raymond Vermeulen will be visiting the Jordan factory again next tuesday.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 17:57 (Ref:840690)   #13
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer

Who's waiting for what, I wonder?
EJ is probably waiting for Michel Peridon to give hime more money.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 20:57 (Ref:840875)   #14
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Hate to say it, but Minardi is looking like Team Ferrari compared to Jordan.

Jordan could very well, be looking at the back of the grid, more often than ever this season. They appear to be a team in disarray...

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Jan 2004, 21:45 (Ref:840946)   #15
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe EJ has other viable options to fill the $10 Trust have put up, in fact he must have. The deal has been around since JVerstap said not to Minardi if EJ wanted him he would have signed already

As usual "something" is going on behind the curtain.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:14 (Ref:840976)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even if Jordan get Jos on board, who will be the definitive #1... the boy who forced his way thru the door, or Ralph, Nick or Alan who dont seem to have the style of management team.

Sponsors do hold a lot of power in cases like this, where survival is at stake, but the elegant solution would be to make all this stuff happen behind closed doors and not issue a press release every time Jos or Perridon chucks a tatnt because EJ wont do what they want!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Jan 2004, 22:26 (Ref:840996)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So we haven't heard anything from jordan yet, so Jos could be out of F1.

(hooray)

Off topic I know, but..........

What I want to know is, how did Jordan offer Jacques Villeneuve a drive for 2004? How could they possibly afford him?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 23:43 (Ref:841070)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
What I want to know is, how did Jordan offer Jacques Villeneuve a drive for 2004? How could they possibly afford him?
Thet couldn't, Jordan wanted JVill to basiclly use his name to attract sponsers, then they might have been able to pay his wages.
Old 17 Jan 2004, 00:24 (Ref:841098)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Not to go off topic, but JV is not really known for his skills with sponsors, so how in the world would he attract sponsors? :confused:

Danica Patrick