Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3462088)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton To McLaren!!

Story Here

WOW!!

And we all thought Mr Alonso was lined up for His Ronnness!!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3462092)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Hmm.

Sounds like a rumour.

<Waiting for more official looking news>
Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3462108)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At the risk of being hoist by my own petard, I don't believe a word of it.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3462109)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
At the risk of being hoist by my own petard, I don't believe a word of it.
It isnt April 1st... Although the story is brief enough to suggest that its perhaps light on for official sources..

I guess we shall see soon!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3462110)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hah, i like that it's all based on him walking into the mclaren factory and walking out with a big smile on his face.

so really most likely he just bought nicole a mclaren road car for christmas at a great price
Old 8 Oct 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3462111)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That sounds far more likely bella!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3462113)   #7
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That sounds far more likely bella!
Would be mildly amusing to see Hamilton and Alonso together at McLaren, with Ron Dennis in charge, though!
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3462115)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or is it Hamilton winding Alonso up?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3462116)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The article talks about 'three weeks ago', they wouldn't have kept it under wraps for three weeks.

But I'd suggest signing Alonso and Hamilton aren't mutually exclusive possibilities.

It'd be right back to the team of 2007 if that did occur.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3462125)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Hamilton back to McLaren, Alonso stays at Ferrari with Vettel as his team mate, Kimi paid by Ferrari (again) not to race, and Jenson goes back (home?) to Brawn which has become Mercedes?

Just thinking out loud, that's all...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3462127)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
A) why would Hamilton want to leave Mercedes and B) why would Mercedes want to loose Hamilton.....talking sense for a minute why would either of these scenarios exist???
Old 8 Oct 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3462128)   #12
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, it must be true.

What other possible reason would a little-known website want to get lot's of web traffic with a sensationalist rumor?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3462153)   #13
Cookie85
Rookie

Cookie85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Hmm, it must be true.

What other possible reason would a little-known website want to get lot's of web traffic with a sensationalist rumor?
I wonder! I'm sceptical of this 'news' too - hopefully some more light will be shed in the next couple of days.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3462154)   #14
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmmmmmmmm, believe it when he's driving it...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 12:34 (Ref:3462162)   #15
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella;3462110[B
]hah, i like that it's all based on him walking into the mclaren factory and walking out with a big smile on his face. [/B]
so really most likely he just bought nicole a mclaren road car for christmas at a great price
Maybe they'd rung Lewis to tell him they'd found his old 'Lucky Gonk' behind the seat of one of his old race cars and could he pop in and collect it? His race form seems to have improved a it lately...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3462165)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lewis Says... No..

What colour was the gonk?
Old 8 Oct 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3462166)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lewis Says... No..

A very 'neutral' colour that would not look out of place in any (probably silver based) racing car...
Old 8 Oct 2014, 12:54 (Ref:3462169)   #18
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis was in the Woking factory three weeks ago. He arrived by helicopter, had a conversation about two hours with the management and then left with a big smile on his face. He signed here, I can assure you. A seat fitting has not happened yet, but that will take place in the foreseeable future."
Couldn't help but laugh at this!

It's astonishing people fall for it and give the website publicity.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3462204)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
must be nice for Ron that all the top drivers are being linked to a team in 6th place. kind of odd really.

i dont know if the website made it up but given how everyone is talking about who will be in that seat instead of talking about how they are fighting a team which is apparently being run from the inside of an Indian jail cell must be seen as a small miracle.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3462208)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From the article...

Quote:
He signed here, I can assure you.
Maybe the guest register at the front desk?

Richard
Old 8 Oct 2014, 15:23 (Ref:3462235)   #21
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Its crazy, but don't dismiss it, even though Niki has denied it too.
Contracts these days don't seem to be worth a light, other teams just pay them off.
I liked Horners explanation in Japan. Whats the point trying to keep him here if he doesn't want to be?
Strange that Ferrari are silent.
Has Alonso been outsmarted?
Weve all heard, no, no, no before, that has meant yes, in the end.
So Im still waiting for the Alonso camp to speak out before dismissing anything.
As we all know, its a strange old world in F1.

And yes! Gonks! That's a blast from the past. Remember them, think Hamiltons to young to know them though.

Last edited by djinvicta; 8 Oct 2014 at 15:25. Reason: forgot the gonk
Old 8 Oct 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3462254)   #22
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Agreed on Horner, if it's not working, it's not working -no point bringing out bits of paper to try and force it to work.

He seems to judge most situations well IMO.
Old 8 Oct 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3462343)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't believe it...

Better,

Can't tell who's to believe.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3462389)   #24
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok then, hear me out.

Lewis and Nico have a bad relationship. Lewis still has a soft spot for McLaren. Fernando wants to get into a Merc. Fernando is willing to go to McLaren for a year in the hope that in 2016 he can go to Mercedes.
  • Lewis signs a contract tying him to McLaren for 2016.
  • McLaren can then offer Fernando a contract for one year at a reduced rate, or he can go off on a sabbatical. Doesn't worry McLaren - they know Lewis will be back.
  • Fernando signs an option for Merc in 2016.

Why would Mercedes allow this? They keep Lewis for another year when he may well be WDC. They possibly get Fernando + Honda knowledge in 2016.

Why would McLaren allow this? They know next year is a development year with Honda. Fernando is great at developing a car so better to have him for a year than not at all. They could do an option deal for 2nd year so he could stay if he wanted.

If Fernando does stay at McLaren for 2016, Mercedes could have Kevin Magnussen who will also have Honda experience and two years more racing under his belt. And he'd be a great team mate to Nico.

Is it ridiculous? Totally. Is it possible? Definitely. Is it likely? No. But it's fun to speculate.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3462390)   #25
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Lewis Says... No..

Should the title perhaps be rewritten to make it less definite (or change it to [Rumour]) ?