Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2015, 07:38 (Ref:3601137)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Meeting up at 'The' Ace Cafe during the Christmas break has probably lost its novelty for many.

Race Retro is not near Christmas / New Year, so loses that USP, and is over 3 days (?), meaning getting agreement on which day would be the next sticking point.....

Maybe just leave it that tenthers visiting the show on each day can arrange to meet up- should they desire to do so!

Old 31 Dec 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3601156)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I would have come, but Mrs Zef being a bean counter, had the year end bean counting team to manage yesterday, so I had to strike a deal with Arthur . . . and the M25 wasn't his idea of fun. in about 6 years hopefully I'll be able to do what I want again.
Old 31 Dec 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3601162)   #53
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Unfortunately the five of us who made it were distracted by the tumbleweed blowing across the vast plains of empty Tenths tables. Still, quality not quantity. Mike Bell, MGDavid, Colin McKay, Chigley and I had a good natter and a fine brunch.
Good job I couldn't make it then, I would hate to have lowered the tone of the meeting. Anyhoo, daughter and BF were duly dispatched at Heathrow and are now somewhere over Maylaysia
Old 3 Jan 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3601807)   #54
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Apologies I feel very guilty as I started this thread but never made the meeting....in my defence this is due to a puncture on the day and because I have stupid tyres that can't be repaired but must be replaced....I could not get one on the day (in fact...tomorrow is when I will finally get my tyre!)

Cars don't come with spares anymore...they come with a compressor.... a can of white gunk and an instruction to "drive to the nearest repair station and get the tyre replaced as soon as possible"...

Once again sorry ....and Happy New Year to you all
Old 9 Jan 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3603275)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Think I have found a cafe for Christmas get together . Just waiting for Mike to arrive . Sitting in cafe on the A5 at Northampton . We would always stop here on our way to Mallory Park in the good old days .
Old 9 Jan 2016, 09:18 (Ref:3603276)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Super Sausage?
Old 9 Jan 2016, 09:51 (Ref:3603279)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Super Sausage?

In younger days we lads would stop there for a sandwich and a drink of ginger beer, along with a few good old Rock'n'Roll records on the jukebox, before cycling on to Silverstone from Barnet. Still always give it a smile as I drive past on my way to a meeting.

Of course my memory may be playing me false ....again!
Old 9 Jan 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3603293)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The Jacks Hill Cafe- https://jackshillcafe.co.uk

Beware the A43/A5 roundabout, it now has traffic lights that are not totally obvious once you are on it....