Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2016, 03:19 (Ref:3647843)   #551
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Do people think the app with have all the practice and qually coverage on demand along with the race?
Silverstone and Spa qualifyings were available.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 03:32 (Ref:3647846)   #552
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
For those in the UK
I have just seen an advert on quest for coverage of the le mans 24 hours race, they say they have exclusive coverage and will be evening highlights and live cover of the start and finish, for all those not leaving next week that is
Martin Haven will do comms for them, so his splitting up duties between Quest (whatever limited coverage they have) and Eurosport probably means longer ES shifts to Kirby/Cole horror show which is not to be looked forward to.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 04:11 (Ref:3647852)   #553
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never found a channel on the Eurosport player last year with no ads. Last year I set my ip as UK and bought the british Eurosport player subscription.
Which country gets the no ads feed, with English commentary?
I don't like listening to the RLM commentary because they don't comment about what's happening on the screen and its a bit distracting.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 04:37 (Ref:3647857)   #554
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR186S View Post
I never found a channel on the Eurosport player last year with no ads. Last year I set my ip as UK and bought the british Eurosport player subscription.
Which country gets the no ads feed, with English commentary?
I don't like listening to the RLM commentary because they don't comment about what's happening on the screen and its a bit distracting.
The stream we're talking is without ads AND without commentary (so called "natural sounds" feed).

I think it should be for all countries. It is just a separate stream that should be also visible on the schedule. Only the language/localization of the actual simulcasted channels depends on the country choice.

Last edited by deggis; 7 Jun 2016 at 04:48.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3647876)   #555
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm sure it would - you can volunteer?
I have no problem giving it a go! If I make a post, I'd appreciate it if someone edited a first post to put the info in there, as me making a post on page 20 of a thread will just get lost almost immediately!
Old 7 Jun 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3648007)   #556
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not been following this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned. Ford will have in car, garage and various other live streams at fordperformance.tv from the 18th.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3648099)   #557
deggis
Veteran

Finland
The official stream/app apprently won't show free practice (1)... app shows this:

http://i.imgur.com/MgWjJVA.png

Could be an error too.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3648109)   #558
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The official stream/app apprently won't show free practice (1)... app shows this:

http://i.imgur.com/MgWjJVA.png

Could be an error too.
I sure hope that it's an error. I coulda sworn that I had seen something just yesterday on the app that led me to believe we would see practice.

I'm such a novice when it comes to VPNs and computer mumbo jumbo and such. Finding a stream for practice may be difficult for this computer illiterate person.

I remember years ago using a site called justin.tv where people would broadcast sporting events that were available in other regions. I wonder if that will be a good place to search once practice gets started?
Old 8 Jun 2016, 01:01 (Ref:3648114)   #559
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I sure hope that it's an error. I coulda sworn that I had seen something just yesterday on the app that led me to believe we would see practice.
I don't remember anymore but someone else did and apparently FP1 wasn't shown last year either (?).

Quote:
I remember years ago using a site called justin.tv where people would broadcast sporting events that were available in other regions. I wonder if that will be a good place to search once practice gets started?
That site has been closed for years. Nowadays Youtube and Ustream and coupe of others, but usually the streams are set as private/unlisted to avoid takedown so the search won't find them and are instead spread as links on forums. Better idea to check this thread or this Reddit. I will probably post every decent stream I see here anyway.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3648231)   #560
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I remember years ago using a site called justin.tv where people would broadcast sporting events that were available in other regions.
Justin.tv became Twitch, focusing on videogames.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3648234)   #561
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Eurosport TV promo (nothing special but at least they didn't but gigantic ads for Hoy, Barthez and Webber with it like usual)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-s64Y9BsU

"After giving the rights for free" ???
https://twitter.com/MartinHaven/stat...62578304978945

Jeremy Shaw confirms ES comms (to no-ones surprise)
https://twitter.com/JeremyShawRacer/...52218382778368
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3648307)   #562
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The Eurosport TV promo (nothing special but at least they didn't but gigantic ads for Hoy, Barthez and Webber with it like usual)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-s64Y9BsU
There was much cooler "it is coming" teaser one couple of weeks ago, no talking voice and in the end it didn't directly mention the race name because it didn't need to be mentioned.

Quote:
"After giving the rights for free" ???
https://twitter.com/MartinHaven/stat...62578304978945
Reads like a sarcasm.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3648308)   #563
Deleted
Veteran

You have link for that promo?

And you never know with Martin

He seems to have horrible luck with WTCC races this year, every event he attends it pour downs or is cold, maybe he brings that to LM too.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3648321)   #564
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
You have link for that promo?
no
Old 9 Jun 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3648437)   #565
Deleted
Veteran

Kristensen will share the awkwardness with Neil Cole for Eurosport's "24 Minutes"
http://media.eurosport.com/;jsession...es&folderId=22

Also says
"Eurosport Player, the live and on-demand digital service, will offer fans multiple camera angles as well as second screen content with news, stats, and tweets."

Alsp reconfirms (non UK) ES showing the LMP3/GT3 race, if someone didn't buy it before.

And confirmation of the Ferrari Challenge not being shown on Motors TV either (live nor delayed), so the only way to see the race (besides being at the circuit) is via sat feed I guess
https://uk.motorstv.com/sites/defaul...au_24_juin.pdf

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2016 at 11:51.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3648456)   #566
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as i can see the first qualifying session next Thursday wont be shown in the UK.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 13:37 (Ref:3648470)   #567
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well most of us will be there by then
Old 9 Jun 2016, 14:24 (Ref:3648482)   #568
Deleted
Veteran

I doubt majority of the people following this thread will

And yes no Q2 on British ES as said before couple of times

Anyway I made recap thread of coverage over here, feel free to note any errors (especially in times) + additions + whatever
http://forums.autosport.com/topic/20...ming-for-2016/
Old 9 Jun 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3648487)   #569
Deleted
Veteran

I'm not exactly sure why but MSR is still (just minutes ago) touting for FOX schedule that is entirely different from what FS themselves have said

versus

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...chedule-060415
FOX Sports broadcast schedule (all times ET and subject to change):
- FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)
- Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
Old 9 Jun 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3648498)   #570
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Oh great, they yank 13 hours of coverage from a 24 hour race. Basically a butcher job like last year.

Makes me miss the days of Speedvision and Speed TV, before it got turned into Fox Sports. Also makes MSR's listing look much more attractive than what reportedly will be on offer by Fox.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3648501)   #571
Deleted
Veteran

It is garbage, and yeah there's more live prerace TV coverage on Eurosport than there is race TV coverage on FOX
Old 9 Jun 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3648537)   #572
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not exactly sure why but MSR is still (just minutes ago) touting for FOX schedule that is entirely different from what FS themselves have said

versus

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...chedule-060415
FOX Sports broadcast schedule (all times ET and subject to change):
- FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)
- Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

Uh, I think I know your problem. The Fox Sports listing you reference was for last year. Check the dates...
Old 9 Jun 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3648544)   #573
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Uh, I think I know your problem. The Fox Sports listing you reference was for last year. Check the dates...
You're right! Horndawg had provided the wrong link here and I was fool enough to trust him and not check the dates (or the image with the article):
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=540

So I originally was right in trusting MSR
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=532

Anyway, so indeed fix it to

FS1 SAT 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
FS2 SAT 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
FS2 SAT 6:00 PM to 6:30 PM
FS2 SAT 7:00 PM to 7:30 PM
FS2 SUN 10:30 PM to 2:30 AM
FS1 SUN 2:30 AM to 9:30 AM

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Jun 2016 at 19:26.
Old 9 Jun 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3648554)   #574
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Much better
Old 9 Jun 2016, 21:32 (Ref:3648577)   #575
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah there's still five hour gap but better than last year, also more FS1 divisioning