Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Feb 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3617677)   #251
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot happening today!

Münnich released this design on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/allinklraci...type=3&theater
Old 25 Feb 2016, 15:50 (Ref:3617708)   #252
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
A lot happening today!

Münnich released this design on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/allinklraci...type=3&theater
More surprising it's a SEAT instead of Audi!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 16:38 (Ref:3617714)   #253
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems a waste of money on developing the S1s... Rustad proved they were actually quick in Canada
Old 25 Feb 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3617715)   #254
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
More surprising it's a SEAT instead of Audi!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey
Seems a waste of money on developing the S1s... Rustad proved they were actually quick in Canada
I'm not sure exactly what SEAT that is, but if it's the Leon then it's identical to the S3 under the skin anyway. I would think the engine and running gear will swap straight over, so last years car won't be a waste.

Perhaps choosing a different VAG marque gives more chance of financial input given that Audi are (sort of) backing EKS?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3617768)   #255
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I'm not sure exactly what SEAT that is, but if it's the Leon then it's identical to the S3 under the skin anyway. I would think the engine and running gear will swap straight over, so last years car won't be a waste.

Perhaps choosing a different VAG marque gives more chance of financial input given that Audi are (sort of) backing EKS?
The picture shows a Ibiza, not a Leon. So it isn´t that easy... I´m sure that Seat supports Münnich somehow, otherwise they had chosen a Skoda Fabia or a VW Polo. Anyway, I hope the Ibiza and the drivers (Nitiss?) are competitive.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3617906)   #256
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
The picture shows a Ibiza, not a Leon. So it isn´t that easy... I´m sure that Seat supports Münnich somehow, otherwise they had chosen a Skoda Fabia or a VW Polo. Anyway, I hope the Ibiza and the drivers (Nitiss?) are competitive.
Thanks for the clarification, I really wasn't sure what Seat that was from the image!

A couple of comments on Facebook have associated Nitiss with Munnich, I wonder when Munnich are planning to announce their driver line up?
Old 26 Feb 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3617934)   #257
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
... I´m sure that Seat supports Münnich somehow
They ran Seat Leons in WTCC but I don't know how much (if any) support they had from Seat. Good to see another make/model being used though - adds to the variety.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3617939)   #258
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Like you say they are probably getting some support from Seat. Maybe Seat has switched some focus from racing to rallycross? There is constantly regulation changes in international touring car racing and it is not growing really, maybe TCR but not WTCC. Rallycross is the fastest growing motorsport at the moment so the rising interest from manufactures is not too surprising.

If Nitiss is to join Münnich I hope they will prepare a really competitive car so he can challenge for the title.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3618025)   #259
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SEAT have not really been involved in WTCC for a while in a factory basis since the diesel went away, the cars now are almost importer type cars.

I doubt they have any real involvement with Munnich, he hardly needs it and would have been paying simply for a service and spares agreement from the factory, they will likely offer developments but nothing like factory support.

Any VAG product can be used really, Audi, VW, Skoda, SEAT, thery are almost just spaceframes with a different shell, most of the engines are built by the same firms.

I know Munnich used to use a sort of screamer smaller cc engine when he was running on his own in a Supercar.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3618180)   #260
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Marcus Gronholm in a Olsberg Fiesta for the WRX.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3618202)   #261
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Wow that would be some news! Where has that come from? When might it be confirmed? Would love to see him at Lydden again two wheeling around the hairpin!
Old 27 Feb 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3618208)   #262
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To me the picture shows an EKS S1 with a Seat Ibiza front...
Old 27 Feb 2016, 11:20 (Ref:3618212)   #263
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
To me the picture shows an EKS S1 with a Seat Ibiza front...
Those EKS rear arches are pretty distinctive, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie
Looks like Marcus Gronholm in a Olsberg Fiesta for the WRX.
If any Gronholm were to appear at OMSE my money would have been on Niclas Gronholm. I have everything crossed that it's Marcus though: I always thought it was a shame that the X-Games debacle ruined any chance of him racing in Europe again, would be great to see that situation change.

Just imagine, if all the rumours prove to be true, we might have Solberg, Loeb, Gronholm and Block all out at the same time!

Kevin Procter now added to the list for Select World RX...

Volkswagen RX Sweden - Johan Kristoffersson - Volkswagen Polo (World RX)
Volkswagen RX Sweden - Anton Marklund - Volkswagen Polo (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Ken Block - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Andreas Bakkerud - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Timur Timerzyanov - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Janis Baumanis - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
PSRX? - Petter Solberg - Citroen DS3 (World RX)
Michaël De Keersmaecker - Ford Fiesta (World RX except Hockenheim, Canada & Argentina)

Derek Tohill - Ford Fiesta ST (EuroRX & select WorldRX)
Steffen Motorsport - Andreas Steffen - Ford Fiesta (EuroRX & select World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Max Pucher - Ford Fiesta ST (EuroRX and select World RX)
Riku Tahko - MINI Countryman (EuroRX)
Tom Daniel Tånevik - Volvo C30 (EuroRX)
Lukács Kornél - Ford Focus (EuroRX)
Krzysztof Holowczyc - Ford Fiesta ST (Euro RX)
Martin Kaczmarski - Ford Fiesta ST (Euro RX)
Tamas Pal Kiss - Peugeot 208 (Euro RX)
Jean-Baptiste Dubourg - Citroen DS3 (Euro RX)
RX Racing - Ollie O’Donovan - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)
Reinsalu Sport - Andri Oun - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)

Tanner Foust - Volkswagon Polo? (Lydden & Buxtehude)
Jack Thorne - Ford Fiesta ST (Select World RX)
Kevin Procter - Ford Fiesta (Select World RX & Euro RX?)
Old 27 Feb 2016, 11:29 (Ref:3618213)   #264
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Those EKS rear arches are pretty distinctive, aren't they?[/URL])
Those rear arches were quite nice on a Metro 6R4. But nowadays they look like a cardboard box to me.
Old 28 Feb 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3618460)   #265
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a nice rumor re Marcus but I am 99.9% sure that it's not true. His injuries incurred at X Games were horrendous and his body cannot take another major accident. Between his wife and his insurance company any wish he has to compete again will be thwarted. Sadly he is limited to testing only.

However, Niclas won in Finland last year in an OMSE Fiesta, wants to move to a bigger stage and Andreas has a few open seats. So if there is a Gronholm in the WRX in 2016 it will be junior and not the 'Boss'

That two-wheel hairpin is still a delight to watch!
Old 28 Feb 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3618495)   #266
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did not realise Marcis was that badly injured, that is a real shame, but also a very bad advert for that series at the time with Topi aswell.

Glad to see things improved there eventually but the loss of Marcus is huge, he and Petter would only have added.

Bit of a mates club Erikssons team really, he seems to think he is still driving with hiring and firing drivers. Doesn't come across well at all on interviews.

I realise he is passionate and has put a lot in, but you can't buy wins. THe other cars are just better, I fail to think Nitiss and Bakkerud were slow.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3618585)   #267
Pozi
Racer

Pozi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loeb will join Team Peugeot-Hansen to compete in all 12 rounds;

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-world-rx-with
Old 29 Feb 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3618591)   #268
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Wow. Great news. And good to see that Jeanney keeps his drive in the sister team. Be interested to see how Kevin Hansen does too. I think he's a real talent, maybe more than Timmy.
Shaping up to be another cracker, just EKS, Munnich, OMSE and Solberg/Doran to confirm now. And Larsson hopefully.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 09:43 (Ref:3618592)   #269
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pozi View Post
Loeb will join Team Peugeot-Hansen to compete in all 12 rounds;

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...-world-rx-with
Incredible bit of news! I was afraid that the arrival of Loeb at Peugeot would leave Jeanney without a seat, but he still gets a (very well deserved) drive as well. That's really bolstered the World entries...

Volkswagen RX Sweden - Johan Kristoffersson - Volkswagen Polo (World RX)
Volkswagen RX Sweden - Anton Marklund - Volkswagen Polo (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Ken Block - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
Hoonigan Racing Division - Andreas Bakkerud - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Timur Timerzyanov - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Janis Baumanis - Ford Fiesta ST (World RX)
Team Peugeot-Hansen - Timmy Hansen - Peugeot 208 (World RX)
Team Peugeot-Hansen - Sebastien Loeb - Peugeot 208 (World RX)
PSRX? - Petter Solberg - Citroen DS3 (World RX)
Michaël De Keersmaecker - Ford Fiesta (World RX except Hockenheim, Canada & Argentina)

Derek Tohill - Ford Fiesta ST (EuroRX & select WorldRX)
Steffen Motorsport - Andreas Steffen - Ford Fiesta (EuroRX & select World RX)
WRX Team Austria - Max Pucher - Ford Fiesta ST (EuroRX and select World RX)
Team Peugeot Hansen Academy - Davy Jeanney - Peugeot 208 (EuroEX & select World RX)
Team Peugeot Hansen Academy - Kevin Hansen - Peugeot 208 (EuroEX & select World RX)
Riku Tahko - MINI Countryman (EuroRX)
Tom Daniel Tånevik - Volvo C30 (EuroRX)
Lukács Kornél - Ford Focus (EuroRX)
Krzysztof Holowczyc - Ford Fiesta ST (Euro RX)
Martin Kaczmarski - Ford Fiesta ST (Euro RX)
Tamas Pal Kiss - Peugeot 208 (Euro RX)
Jean-Baptiste Dubourg - Citroen DS3 (Euro RX)
RX Racing - Ollie O’Donovan - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)
Reinsalu Sport - Andri Oun - Ford Fiesta (Euro RX)

Tanner Foust - Volkswagon Polo? (Lydden & Buxtehude)
Jack Thorne - Ford Fiesta ST (Select World RX)
Kevin Procter - Ford Fiesta (Select World RX & Euro RX?)

Last edited by tbtstt; 29 Feb 2016 at 10:12.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 10:28 (Ref:3618606)   #270
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Great news Good to see Loeb join full time and like others have said good to see Jeanney get a seat as well. Do you think the 'select world rx' events for the junior hansen team will essentially be the European rounds that aren't rounds of Euro RX (so the junior team will do everything except the fly away rounds)?

Also what are the chances of Andrew Jordan appearing this year? (and if he does in which car / team)?
Old 29 Feb 2016, 10:47 (Ref:3618612)   #271
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good for Loeb, never being afraid of a challenge. I wish him well and look forward to battling Solberg again
Old 29 Feb 2016, 11:27 (Ref:3618625)   #272
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Also what are the chances of Andrew Jordan appearing this year? (and if he does in which car / team)?
I'm sure he has made a tweet in the last few months that alluded to another rallycross drive? I would personally really like to see him in the EKS Audi again. He never had a chance to prove himself in that car at Franciacorta and, for the few laps he was running, he looked very quick.

At this point which of the expected teams/drivers are we waiting for? EKS, OMSE, Munnich Motorsport and JRM are yet to announce line ups. Solberg hasn't confirmed if he'll be a solo entry or as part of a team, plus Liam Doran and Robin Larsson haven't detailed any plans.

Anyone else who is expected to compete that we haven't heard anything about yet?
Old 29 Feb 2016, 12:03 (Ref:3618637)   #273
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering if Guy Wilks will be in any rounds. Thought the Mini looked pretty good at Lydden last year.

Also wondering what Tanner Foust will be driving.
Old 29 Feb 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3618666)   #274
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure he has made a tweet in the last few months that alluded to another rallycross drive? I would personally really like to see him in the EKS Audi again. He never had a chance to prove himself in that car at Franciacorta and, for the few laps he was running, he looked very quick.

At this point which of the expected teams/drivers are we waiting for? EKS, OMSE, Munnich Motorsport and JRM are yet to announce line ups. Solberg hasn't confirmed if he'll be a solo entry or as part of a team, plus Liam Doran and Robin Larsson haven't detailed any plans.

Anyone else who is expected to compete that we haven't heard anything about yet?
What happened to Jordans car? I went to Italy but it was difficult to make out what had happened
Old 29 Feb 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3618700)   #275
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
What happened to Jordans car? I went to Italy but it was difficult to make out what had happened
I'd like to know the specifics of what happened as well. He was quick in the qualifying (within the top 10 if I remember rightly) and fast in heat 1 until he got a puncture.

He then didn't come back out for heat 2 as there were "technical issues" with the car. I was expecting to see him again on the Sunday but there was only one EKS S1 running on Sunday.

I thought it was a bit odd as, short of major flaw with the structure of the car, they surely could have replaced whatever was broken for Sunday? Or perhaps they were preserving spares for Marklund?

Last edited by tbtstt; 29 Feb 2016 at 14:41.