Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:05 (Ref:3627582)   #401
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
There was never a wildcard system, you could always enter.
From now there's a maximum amount of cars on the grid.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3627604)   #402
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where has the maximum been mentioned, is it in the rules? With 17 WRX and 23 ERX full time, I hope the maximum is at least 50!
Old 27 Mar 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3627890)   #403
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Where has the maximum been mentioned, is it in the rules? With 17 WRX and 23 ERX full time, I hope the maximum is at least 50!
http://www.rx-inside.be/2016/03/19/j...en-aan-eurorx/

Max 25 WRX entries and 25 ERX entries. If there are less than 20 WRX entries max 30 ERX entries.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3627891)   #404
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Interesting. Thank you. Seems like its essentially 50 cars Max then. Possibly an issue for Norway or Sweden . Probably fine at mettet. That said, don't really understand the logic in restricting the premier category...
Old 27 Mar 2016, 23:27 (Ref:3627918)   #405
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
All to do with time schedules I assume. If you have a total of 50 or 60 cars makes a difference. With having live TV (satellite time slot) it's a problem when there are time delays.
Also by limiting they make it more exclusively.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3627982)   #406
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
All to do with time schedules I assume. If you have a total of 50 or 60 cars makes a difference. With having live TV (satellite time slot) it's a problem when there are time delays.
Also by limiting they make it more exclusively.
Is it really a problem? I mean they only live sent the WRX semis and final, and Lites, last season. I watched some of the rounds on IMGs live stream and the focus was totally on those series with a little bit of the other classes. If they broadcast it like last year, having more than 50 cars does not make a different. Unless they send the heats of WRX and other series or want a bigger summary of course then the amount of cars matter.
Old 28 Mar 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3628155)   #407
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will be NO Erc footage on the live show this year, theya re paying up front for tv and facilities they will have no part of.

All WRX cars and ERC cars will be separated in heats, so the split might hopefully start here.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3630304)   #408
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petter testing at Estering:

http://www.tageblatt.de/index.php?vi...d=1&pageid=137
Old 5 Apr 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3630516)   #409
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post, but a few little rallycross snippets from Facebook.

Ken Block testing the Focus:

https://www.facebook.com/red.fiveaut...type=2&theater

Interview with Liam, where he makes mention of JRM's plans for 2016:

https://www.facebook.com/fiaworldral...type=2&theater

And a post from OMSE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsbergs MSE
Guess who is testing with us today... ‪#‎xforces‬ ‪#‎omse‬

Old 5 Apr 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3630556)   #410
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Forgive the double post, but a few little rallycross snippets from Facebook.

Ken Block testing the Focus:

https://www.facebook.com/red.fiveaut...type=2&theater

Interview with Liam, where he makes mention of JRM's plans for 2016:

https://www.facebook.com/fiaworldral...type=2&theater

And a post from OMSE:
Grondholm Sr?
Old 6 Apr 2016, 09:07 (Ref:3630667)   #411
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Grondholm Sr?
Looks like it to me!

Lot of pictures of the new M-Sport Focus RX circulating online yesterday:

Nice touch with the bonus button!
Old 6 Apr 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3630676)   #412
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really nice looking car! But does anybody know why the seat are is so far back? Looks like Jernberg's Fabia where he sat far back. I heard why a very long time ago but can't remember what it was.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3630696)   #413
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Really nice looking car! But does anybody know why the seat are is so far back? Looks like Jernberg's Fabia where he sat far back. I heard why a very long time ago but can't remember what it was.
My assumption would be weight distribution. Looking at that side shot is very reminiscent of a DTM car in terms of driver placement.

Like the DTM cars, I do wonder how much trickier that seat positioning makes the car to drive.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3630805)   #414
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marcus is clearly a decnet test driver, and has tested WRC cars for VW in recent months too, so not s surprise.

MSport were obviously one of his old employers too!
Old 8 Apr 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3631150)   #415
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking good: https://twitter.com/ReinisNitissRX/s...924289?lang=de
Old 8 Apr 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3631159)   #416
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Looks good but also looks like a Super1600...
Old 8 Apr 2016, 13:00 (Ref:3631196)   #417
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder - MG is in his son's car not the M-Sport Focus
Old 8 Apr 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3631266)   #418
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.U. View Post
Looks like another small hatch. I prefer their Audi.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3631268)   #419
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands

It's probably temporary but I like this livery.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 14:32 (Ref:3632109)   #420
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
It's going to be hard to spot Block's car on track...

Last edited by tbtstt; 12 Apr 2016 at 14:39.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 21:16 (Ref:3632188)   #421
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Why is the current trend for ridiculous wheel arches that are impossibly wide?

Oh I forget, lets make the car as wide as humanly possible to make it look hideous, make is hard to pass and make the contact even more likely.

If you are making those panels good luck to yoou, youa re in for a bumber year.

I christen the Monster Energy Flymo
Old 12 Apr 2016, 23:28 (Ref:3632207)   #422
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Oh I forget, lets make the car as wide as humanly possible to make it look hideous, make is hard to pass and make the contact even more likely.
Widening the track of the car increases lateral grip and alters the roll characteristics of the car.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 11:28 (Ref:3632296)   #423
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
But it is not really based on the footprint of the original car is it, and they look a bit silly.

I do understand the physics of designing race cars in their basest terms, and the reason they chose a Focus is probably marketing based, but also a factor might be a longer car is more stable than the small Fiesta which has never been a success in its current shape.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 12:32 (Ref:3632308)   #424
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
But it is not really based on the footprint of the original car is it, and they look a bit silly.
It's a race car: I'd say it's purpose is to go fast, not to look pretty. The rear end does appear very wide on the Focus, though I think the livery helps to exaggerate it. I believe the wings can be no more than 14cm wider than standard.

Quote:
I do understand the physics of designing race cars in their basest terms, and the reason they chose a Focus is probably marketing based, but also a factor might be a longer car is more stable than the small Fiesta which has never been a success in its current shape.
I personally wouldn't agree with that: the Fiesta has had good results in Europe (and the US: though that could be reasonably argued is due to the fact that most of the grid are Fiestas!), it has just never dominated for any period of time. Is that due to the platform, or the team behind it?

Looking at how quick M-Sport made the Fiesta straight out of the box, I think its a capable chassis.

As for the Focus I personally think the marketing is the overriding factor. Smaller cars are more agile and, although the longer wheelbase may prove beneficial on some circuits, I can think of more benefits for small over big. I'm sure M-Sport will have thought of work around's for the negative aspects though: the wide track is surely one element of that.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 14:56 (Ref:3632334)   #425
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Oh I forget, lets make the car as wide as humanly possible to make it look hideous
I completently disagree.

When Argentine TC2000 adopted wide bodykits in 2003, I couldn't stop drooling.