Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Apr 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3632420)   #426
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Doran Mini. Sorry, just doesn't look like a rallycross car to me.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3632432)   #427
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just think the cars should not be able to use ridicyulous wide arches, they are mainly there to make the car ewider and harder to pass in most disciplines.

The Fiesta was never as good a car as the Focus was in rallycross trim results wise, Isachsen dominated in one, the orange car Eriksson, Lysen and Gronholm used was a far better balanced car it seemed, the rounded one that GSE built never seemed to handle well in my book, too small and stubby. understeered like a pig though that is the predominant method these dyas sadly in rallycross. Had moments of pace but was inconsistent, perhaps only Foust early on could hvae won a title in it, and considering the money spent they should have won more as it was perhaps the most lavished car out there in terms of money and development as there so damn many of the hideous things.

A wide long car will always be more stable, I think if you had put Bakkerud and Timur in a Focus instead of a Fiests they could have challenged more that's all.

Making cars wide just makes passing harder and body contact more inevitable.

All part of IMG's plan for the WWF of motorsport!
Old 13 Apr 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3632436)   #428
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bakkerud complained in the middle of last season that the Fiesta was not competitive or as fast as the other cars, which could explain the bad results he, Nitiss and TT had. The lower results was rather because of OMSE than the Fiesta itself.

And Isachsens Focus was a very well developed car with a very good engine and Isachsen was a very excellent driver. In my opinion the Fiesta is a very good base for a supercar.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3632456)   #429
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nothing wrong with width wheel arches, although I am not a fan of the boxy ones we see nowadays.

Wasn't the Isachssen car developed by Ingmab? Are they still a factor in rallycross?
Old 13 Apr 2016, 22:25 (Ref:3632461)   #430
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Nothing wrong with width wheel arches, although I am not a fan of the boxy ones we see nowadays.

Wasn't the Isachssen car developed by Ingmab? Are they still a factor in rallycross?
Yep, they still help the Walfridsons with their Clio and the other ones too I believe. They also help some Touringcar drivers that they've built cars for and also builds supernational cars. As for other supercars I'm not sure although they've built the three DS3 cars that Solberg have.
Old 14 Apr 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3632547)   #431
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I just think the cars should not be able to use ridicyulous wide arches, they are mainly there to make the car ewider and harder to pass in most disciplines.
Quote:
Making cars wide just makes passing harder and body contact more inevitable.

All part of IMG's plan for the WWF of motorsport!
Seriously? Well, I'll have to politely disagree with you there. Although I can see reason in some of your "IMG is evil" arguments, I think the above suggestion is moving into tin foil hat territory.

Quote:
The Fiesta was never as good a car as the Focus was in rallycross trim results wise, Isachsen dominated in one, the orange car Eriksson, Lysen and Gronholm used was a far better balanced car it seemed, the rounded one that GSE built never seemed to handle well in my book, too small and stubby. understeered like a pig though that is the predominant method these dyas sadly in rallycross. Had moments of pace but was inconsistent, perhaps only Foust early on could hvae won a title in it, and considering the money spent they should have won more as it was perhaps the most lavished car out there in terms of money and development as there so damn many of the hideous things.
Yeah, Isachsen's Focus was quick, but given that there were some irregularities with the build of that car, I'm not sure how relevant it is as proving which chassis is better.

The OMSE cars have looked strong at times, but it hasn't taken the other teams long to either equal or surpass them. As crossfades said, the cars looked out classed in the middle of last year, but by years end they had improved again and Bakkerud posted a decent result in Italy.

Quote:
A wide long car will always be more stable, I think if you had put Bakkerud and Timur in a Focus instead of a Fiests they could have challenged more that's all.
Perhaps. If it was developed by the same team though, then I'm not so sure. My concern for Gronholm and Eriksson (juniors) this year is, with OMSE developing the Honda for GRC, they will neglect any further development of the Fiesta.

It's a shame that the M-Sport Fiesta(s) never saw regular use in Europe, as it would have been interesting to see how they stacked up against the OMSE cars (and the rest of the field). Looking at the success of other Fiestas though (consider Ollie O'Donovan last year), I still maintain its a decent platform.

Perhaps I'm biased towards the Fiesta though, as I personally think it's the best looking of the current crop of rallycross cars.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3632847)   #432
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petter's livery for 2016:

Bit plain. Needs more Bruce Lee.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3632964)   #433
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Feels a bit unmotivated ...
Old 15 Apr 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3632966)   #434
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
It looks unfinished doesn't it? It looks like it's still waiting for the rest of the stickers to be applied. It's certainly the weakest livery of all the permanent drivers.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 14:58 (Ref:3632975)   #435
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks OK from the above pic though...
Attached Thumbnails
8641.jpg  
Old 15 Apr 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3632980)   #436
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It looks unfinished doesn't it? It looks like it's still waiting for the rest of the stickers to be applied. It's certainly the weakest livery of all the permanent drivers.
It's had a couple more brands applied now:

I think it looks very plain in the group shot, almost like it's not finished. Based on the photos thusfar I'd say it's my least favourite Solberg livery. Perhaps I'll change my mind once I've seen it for myself.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3633096)   #437
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It needs more red.
Old 4 May 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3638492)   #438
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would look better if the lights weren't covered.
Old 4 May 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3638504)   #439
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
I think it would look better if the lights weren't covered.

Agree! And last years looked better...
Old 5 May 2016, 03:27 (Ref:3638665)   #440
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Real lights make me feel like the car is real.

Plastic covers make me thing of RX Lites.
Old 7 May 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3639442)   #441
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know time schedule and when its on TV?
Old 7 May 2016, 13:48 (Ref:3639505)   #442
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
It'll be on Quest tomorrow morning. Think finals are around 11am but that may be central European time. Best check TV guide. It's definitely in the morning though.
Old 7 May 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3639627)   #443
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Just checked, it's on at 9am til 11am UK time on quest tomorrow. I think 3rd and 4th heats are on this afternoon sometime soon. And RX Lites semis and finals are on soon too.
Old 7 May 2016, 21:17 (Ref:3639929)   #444
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the WEC race in Spa today and I really cannot understand why Rallycross cars have to be so silent these days as the WEC make an awful lot of noise! About 10 db to loud in my book, while at the same time Rallycross could use another 3-5 db...
Old 9 May 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3640487)   #445
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Does anyone know when the Lydden Hill entry list will be finalised?
Old 9 May 2016, 23:02 (Ref:3640507)   #446
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
They've announced the other two the Thursday go weeks before the event so maybe this week... how many supercars can we expect. Up to 35?
Old 10 May 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3640662)   #447
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
They've announced the other two the Thursday go weeks before the event so maybe this week... how many supercars can we expect. Up to 35?
Having trouble linking because I'm on my phone, but I've just seen that Tanner Foust has confirmed his entry. He's driving a Volkswagen RX Sweden car.

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/article/9167/foust-to-compete-at-lydden
Old 11 May 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3640889)   #448
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Turns out to be a disappointing Lydden entry list with a few Brits not entering (heard rumours as to expensive regs making it not worthwhile). Would have expected Paul Coney to enter s1600 too. Shame. Should still be a good event with good quality cars, but still a let down.

Dan Rooks in RX Lites will he interesting (though prefer him to he on DS3)
Old 11 May 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3640901)   #449
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably prohibitive entry fees and prices are why Brits arent going, and they wont get any coverage

Nice touch, but means I probably will not go for the second year running, better things to watch far closer to home and far cheaper.

How can it be that a minority sport like rallycross is starting to price itself out of the market.

Shame on you IMG.
Old 11 May 2016, 14:52 (Ref:3640907)   #450
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
No Proctor, O'Donovan, Scott, Hill, Pat Doran, Grint - I'd have thought most of not all of those would have been up for entering.

Super 1600 entry looks good (and that normally produces the best racing) but the Lites entry is pretty poor. Maybe one day at Lydden and one at Brands that weekend?