Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1644384)   #1
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Drivers on CNN

I was flicking through the channels earlier and noticed David Coulthard in full driver kit timing somebody's lap with a stopwatch. No idea what that segment was about as I only caught the last 10 or so seconds.

About 15 minutes later during one of the programme breaks there was a short interview with Jarno Trulli talking about his career path into F1, they even showed some old footage of his go-kart days.

It's not exactly required viewing but I thought it was interesting that CNN are running these short features.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1644391)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I can only assume it is due to the upcoming US GP? It is certainly quite interesting...I will need to keep an eye out on it. I assume I have CNN...never look for it, thus never watch it, but presumably we have it.

I just like the fact Speed goes all mental with US GP coverage.

If I am understanding the schedules correctly, then, on top of the usual second Friday practice/qualifiying/race coverage, Speed are showing all practice sessions live, plus the pre-race build-up is two hours (instead of 30 minutes).

It is something akin to NASCAR coverage. I am quite chuffed with that (may well have been the same last year, but I have forgotten).
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1644462)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They need to give the sport a big push in the US right now, last year's fiasco is probably still fresh in people's minds.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1644501)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
They need to give the sport a big push in the US right now, last year's fiasco is probably still fresh in people's minds.
Why,what happened last year!?..................