pigiron22
Rookie

France
Cotes d'Armor
pigiron22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
French Hillclimb Invitation (Merged)

French Hillclimb Invitation

St Gueno Brittany 26 & 27 August 2006

The organisers of St Gueno hillclimb (Course de Cote) are offering an open invitation to demonstration drivers from the UK to take part in this years event.

Set in the charming Breton countryside the 3.2km course winds its way up a wooded valley offering the driver a very exciting and challenging climb with some very high speed bends to get the adrenalin really flowing.

The event was resurrected last year after a gap of about fifteen years by Olivier Henri the deputy maire of St Gueno. During the 70’s and 80’s it was considered one the top hills in France and was even a round of the Euopean championship.

The meeting is devided up in to two sections, Modern competition cars against the clock as per usual and an Historic regularity run.

St Gueno is somewhat unique in that it benefits from having a team of 350 volunteer organizers who will assure you of a fantastic weekend experience. Being a French event there are the obligatory social events including a bash on the Saturday evening in a restored mill next the circuit.

The huge paddock is on a level field not far from the Fer a Cheval hairpin which is the favorite spot for the 6000+ spectators. The course benefits from a return road so after crossing the line you drive straight back to the paddock.

The entry fee is just 90 Euros (about £64) for both days paid in cash at signing on.

Camping is permitted in the paddock, there is also plenty of accommodation available in the area.

Entrants must hold a valid UK drivers license and MSA competition license. Cars should have an MSA log book .

St Gueno is only about one and a half hours drive from both Rosscoff and St Malo ferry ports.

Web site http://coursedecote-saintgoueno.fr/page-11.html

For more information contact ;

John Lloyd

Tel: 0033 296 299 206 Email: lloyd.john@wanadoo.fr
Old 26 May 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1619336)   #2
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

What grade MSA license is required, I curently have a race National B, would this have to be upgradded to a National A or an International if I wanted to compete?
Old 27 May 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1620353)   #3
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You cant compete on a UK licence. We are seeing a number of these sort of adverts and, although this one clearly states only "demonstration" runs are on offer, some of us seem to be spending a great deal of time telling people in our own clubs etc the facts. At one of these events some people I know "entered", I think the "demonstration" runs they were given were not timed.
Again, let's be clear, this flyer doesn't say UK entries can "compete" but I've just been advising fellow club members on another forum of the facts of life and it is happening too often.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1655639)   #4
lifeof
Rookie

lifeof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contact Chris Guille for the true facts about 'competing' in France. Many UK drivers go across and have a great time under entirely different conditions. They cannot compete in the French championships but do these 'demonstration' runs and somehow get to know how long they take to go up the course.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2105452)   #5
pigiron22
Rookie

France
Cotes d'Armor
French Championship Open to Brits

The Championat de France de la Montagne has opened it’s doors to British drivers by launching a new Open Challenge.

This seven round series will give the opportunity to non-French drivers to compete competitively and score points towards the Open Challenge. Drivers can choose a minimum of seven preferred events out of the 13 CFM rounds.

A National A licence is acceptable with a supporting visa letter from the MSA, cars will have to comply with FFSA regulations and class structures.

All events are held on closed public roads with lengths of up to 6km, average speeds are generally much higher than UK hill-climbs and certainly get the adrenaline pumping.

For more information contact me (John Lloyd) via PM.

CFM website http://www.chevallier-competition.com/php/news.php

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 13 Jan 2008 at 22:37.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2105545)   #6
andymr
Rookie

andymr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can assure you at both La Pommeraye and St Goeuno you get full timed runs, I know I've done both!!! Absolutely fantastic fun
Old 14 Jan 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2105603)   #7
pigiron22
Rookie

France
Cotes d'Armor
As a co-organiser of the French Open Challenge, St Goueno and La Pommerye I can confirm that British drivers holding either an international or national 'A' licence can run in the full competiton on national status French events provided cars meet with FFSA technical regulations and class structures. Holders of a Nat A licence should obtain a 'visa letter' from the MSA nominating the event or events they wish to do.

In addition to this British drivers can depending on the organiser run as demonstration runners on regional status events or nationals if the car does not conform. In this case they are timed but run outside the main competition.