Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1000441)   #1
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Closed Threads

How do I post an apology when the darn thread has been closed?! Re,Cora Schumacher I was not aware of nude sites.The links I was referring to are still here on page 1.
Old 11 Jun 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1000473)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps a PM to the mods?
Old 11 Jun 2004, 08:20 (Ref:1000502)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that why they were closed? sorry, I only got them via a Google search. Anyone could have done that.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1007140)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why do people continually question threads being closed?

I'd always thought such decisions were final.

It's a difficult job - give the mods support.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1007195)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
Why do people continually question threads being closed?
Well if people didn't question them who would?
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:15 (Ref:1007209)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very droll, Peter!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 08:02 (Ref:1007619)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I strongly object to whole subjects being banned.If this continues will all discussion be stopped?
Old 18 Jun 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1007694)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Doesn't matter whether you object to subjects being banned or not.

We've all signed up to the rules.

If someone doesn't want you saying something in their house - you're not going to be saying it.

Old 18 Jun 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1007725)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rob, I'm not aware of any "whole subjects" being banned. You (should) know very well what the rules are. And they are there to promote discussion, not stop it. This is a discussion forum after all. Try looking around at some of the other discussion forums where rules are perhaps less well enforced and you'll see why 10Tenths is one of the best quality forums there is.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1007756)   #10
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
10Tenths is one of the best quality forums there is.
Hear, hear.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1007796)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Point I was making was that even if you obey the rules,your subject can be blocked by some other idiot who does not. So if you wanted to avoid intelegent disscussion of a subject all you have to do is to post something stupid knowing full well it will be banned.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1007798)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Rob, I'm not aware of any "whole subjects" being banned.
Formula Woman.
Old 18 Jun 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1007804)   #13
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Brand
Formula Woman.
Exactly
Old 18 Jun 2004, 12:13 (Ref:1007811)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hold up everyone.

It was explained quite clearly as to why that subject is banned. It was because (not you Rob to my knowledge) a minority of posters were deemed by the mod team to be submitting libellous comments. Its not for 10/10s to act as lawyer in these matters but a sensible view of the comments does reveal a certain slant. A complaint from the organise was also posted. Therefore in order to a) preserve the forum, and b) maintain decency and politeness the decision was taken to ban the subject.

Personally I can't see the big deal. You may notice that a lot of people are bored to death by discussions of JV (phew thought I'd never find a way to include him in this thread). However those subjects aren't banned, just that threads run out of new ideas and are closed.

I'm sure the mod team in that forum are sorry that some people are disgruntled but I'm sure you will agree that the loss of a doscussion concerning a minor issue is less important than keeping 10/10s open.

BTW. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting my thoughts here.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 20:21 (Ref:1012545)   #15
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that people do need to remember that tentenths could be sued for comments that other posters decide to make, and so, the freedom of expression has to be reeled in somewhat when people make cleary defamatory comments.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1012553)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Exactly, tcn.

Ten-tenths is too valuable to most members to have it risked by the idiots who post libellous nonsense.

Keep up the good work, mods.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 23:42 (Ref:1017047)   #17
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rob, I'm not aware of any "whole subjects" being banned.
*ahem* Lacing.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 08:14 (Ref:1017233)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
*ahem* Lacing.
Not. See PF. Its just that the people stopped posting about it.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1017398)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Old 27 Jun 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1017576)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
people stoped lacing

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1017706)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
A "tie" then.
Old 27 Jun 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1018044)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Not. See PF. Its just that the people stopped posting about it.
ooo...Lacing ...it was banned for quite a while i thought......it was only later that it was given a reprieve . I think Mr V started a petition or something ?

Old 27 Jun 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1018217)   #23
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
*match found : Sato San &/or Lacing*

S.W.A.T. team dispatched. Target to be eliminated in

1 ......
Old 28 Jun 2004, 05:24 (Ref:1018340)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Blimey ....someones just knocked at my front door !.....

Old 28 Jun 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1018573)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
I think Mr V started a petition or something ?

Don't get me involved, and you know full well thats a fallacy!

Last edited by Mr V; 28 Jun 2004 at 10:50.