Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Nov 2007, 12:15 (Ref:2077220)   #1
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Wales Rally GB Advise

hey guys, i know this is short notice but i only just decided to go!..i live in swansea and want to go tot the rally on friday as you can get into all stages for 35 quid. first off where can you buy the tickets?...can you get them from swansea waterfront on thurday afternoon? also does anyone have any advice for stage hopping as i want to go to a few stages on teh friday, should i try and go to every stage or miss out alternate stages?

any advice would be useful!

cheers

adam
Old 28 Nov 2007, 12:39 (Ref:2077231)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Not sure about the ticket situation but you can't realistically do very stage - you're better off picking a couple of stages (preferably those that are run twice). That way you've got enough time to get to the stage and find a decent spot, if you stay for the repeat then you can wander further down the stage and find another good location.

Wear as much clothing as you possibly can, make sure the top layer is waterproof, have decent sturdy waterproof footwear, wear a hat and don't stand somewhere stupid. Above all - enjoy
Old 28 Nov 2007, 13:32 (Ref:2077250)   #3
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket information can be found at the bottom of the page here
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2077351)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
hey guys, thanks for that

just out of interest, how long does it take for a stage to be completed? i was thinking of skipping the first stage, going to resolven 1 which starts at 10.41, tehn skipping rehola 1 and going to port talbot 2 which starts at 14.10 then skipping resolven 2 and going to rehola 2 which starts at 16.23....does this sound like a good plan to anyone or am i trying to do too much!

cheers

adam
Old 28 Nov 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2077368)   #5
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have just had a mate drop out so we have Fri/Sat tickets but we're trying to fill the spare bed too
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:12 (Ref:2077417)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk

just out of interest, how long does it take for a stage to be completed? i was thinking of skipping the first stage, going to resolven 1 which starts at 10.41, tehn skipping rehola 1 and going to port talbot 2 which starts at 14.10 then skipping resolven 2 and going to rehola 2 which starts at 16.23....does this sound like a good plan to anyone or am i trying to do too much!

cheers

adam
At SS1 last year, Port Talbot, the field took 2h 15m to pass our spot.
The WRCs at 2 minute intervals and the rest at 1 minute. There are more cars this year than last I believe.

A couple of dozen people left the stage after the "big boys" had past, seeing maybe 10-15 cars before moving to the another stage....most of the crowd stayed on the stage for the second runs although lots did move within the stage.

A big problem with chasing the rally will be the "car parks" which are basicly narrow forest tracks and you could have all yours plans ruined by a couple of stupidly "parked" cars.

I only plan to do Saturday this year and fancy the day/night runs at Halfway
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2077421)   #7
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk

cheers

adam
Best thing is to look at the stage timetable at http://www.walesrallygb.com/64_66.php (I've no idea how to make this a click thing).

There's an online rally planner on the same site, which might be of use. Bear in mind that each stage can have cars running through for up to about 2 hours, so unless you just want to watch the top boys and leave, you'll have to take that into account.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2077422)   #8
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, it's turned into a 'click thing' by itself! How clever.
Old 28 Nov 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2077434)   #9
ascarracinguk
Veteran

awesome, cheers guys, i think ill stay for teh whole first run through resolfen 1, then move onto port talbot 2. where i can stay for the first half then onto reholen 2 where i can stay for the whole run too