Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Mar 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3034430)   #351
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Murphy Prototypes livery , remonds me of Jordan Green . Cant wait to see it with some sponsors on it .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9710.html
Old 3 Mar 2012, 15:22 (Ref:3034528)   #352
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is this jota's livery?

http://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54523
Old 3 Mar 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3034561)   #353
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
Well , very simple and looks great I think .
Old 3 Mar 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3034563)   #354
The Badger
Veteran

Anyone know whos doing driving duties for status GP yet please ?
Old 3 Mar 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3034566)   #355
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Anyone know whos doing driving duties for status GP yet please ?
They have Alexander Sims as a designated driver for their (reserve-listed) Le Mans entry, so I suspect he'll be driving in the ELMS for the team as well.
Old 3 Mar 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3034638)   #356
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A Koenigsegg sponsorship? Now that is certainly interesting!
Old 3 Mar 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3034657)   #357
The Badger
Veteran

Wouldnt read too much into that . Ive seen SCANIA sponsorship on cars before .
Old 3 Mar 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3034660)   #358
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They have Alexander Sims as a designated driver for their (reserve-listed) Le Mans entry, so I suspect he'll be driving in the ELMS for the team as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...(racing_driver)

Maybe PECOM are running the Lola in ELMS , and the Oreca in WEC . Take the pressure off them , preping the car .
Old 3 Mar 2012, 23:40 (Ref:3034696)   #359
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...(racing_driver)

Maybe PECOM are running the Lola in ELMS , and the Oreca in WEC . Take the pressure off them , preping the car .
Last I heard Status were going to hire the Lola for the first round whilst waiting for delivery of their new Coupe
Old 4 Mar 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3034787)   #360
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wouldnt read too much into that . Ive seen SCANIA sponsorship on cars before .
Looking a bit further at the livery though, it does appeared that it is designed to mimic the Koenigsegg Agera? But as you said, it could amount to nothing more than a significant sponsorship on the part of Koenigsegg.
Old 4 Mar 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3034821)   #361
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Looks like the pictures have been deleted. Anyone still got them?
Old 5 Mar 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3035170)   #362
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just wanted to invite everyone to play the Fantasy Racing Challenge 2012 edition. It will cover all Le Mans affiliated sports car series and the first round starts at Sebring. A link to the Sebring FRC entry thread can be found HERE, and the official FRC rules can be found HERE. I hope we have lots of entries this year, and good luck to all!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3035822)   #363
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Entry list for the test weekend is out-

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/....php?news=2075

15 cars, Greaves, Boutsen-Ginion, Murphy, Race Performance, OAK and Thiriet-TDS in LMP2; JMB, JMW and IMSA-MATMUT in GTE-Pro, AF and IMSA-MATMUT in GTE-Am, and two LMPCs- Boutsen-Ginion and Curtis Racing Technologies

A couple of surprises- the Gulf McLaren for Blancpain is listed in GTC, although the press release makes clear that it's just a shakedown for the McLaren, which 'will be competing in another series'
However, they've also got their GTE Aston on the list- Hopefully that means they'll be doing some ELMS races...?

Is the lack of LMPC cars a cause for concern?
IIRC when the full-season entry list was announced without LMPC entries, the suggestion was that there would be 6-8 of them, and that they hadn't been announced as their original test had been cancelled
Old 6 Mar 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3035850)   #364
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
IIRC when the full-season entry list was announced without LMPC entries, the suggestion was that there would be 6-8 of them, and that they hadn't been announced as their original test had been cancelled
They did have a private test in the end I think, along with a number of teams running Orecas in LMP2. And it was at Ricard, so maybe some teams decided to do that test and skip the ELMS official test.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3035859)   #365
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Entry list for the test weekend is out-

http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/....php?news=2075

15 cars, Greaves, Boutsen-Ginion, Murphy, Race Performance, OAK and Thiriet-TDS in LMP2; JMB, JMW and IMSA-MATMUT in GTE-Pro, AF and IMSA-MATMUT in GTE-Am, and two LMPCs- Boutsen-Ginion and Curtis Racing Technologies

A couple of surprises- the Gulf McLaren for Blancpain is listed in GTC, although the press release makes clear that it's just a shakedown for the McLaren, which 'will be competing in another series'
However, they've also got their GTE Aston on the list- Hopefully that means they'll be doing some ELMS races...?

is it me or are the FIA/ACO intent on destroying our sport....theres no stability these days. fia gt has gone from its glory days to stealing drivers and cars from lower catagories, probably destroying the great series that was gt3, the blanchpain endurance series was started, god knows why the competitors couldnt enter gt3 or gt1 and then the aco split to ake the WEC and ELMS....and the result is 15 cars....from around 45 last year....ITS A JOKE!!!!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:47 (Ref:3035932)   #366
lms
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
is it me or are the FIA/ACO intent on destroying our sport....theres no stability these days. fia gt has gone from its glory days to stealing drivers and cars from lower catagories, probably destroying the great series that was gt3, the blanchpain endurance series was started, god knows why the competitors couldnt enter gt3 or gt1 and then the aco split to ake the WEC and ELMS....and the result is 15 cars....from around 45 last year....ITS A JOKE!!!!
45 full season entries in lms2011? dont think so. And the alms can only dream about such a "big" prototype field (11 cars this year I think). lmpc teams need to stop screwing around and move up the ladder in alms and elms
gt3 seems fine. for now.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:54 (Ref:3035935)   #367
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
45 full season entries in lms2011? dont think so. And the alms can only dream about such a "big" prototype field (11 cars this year I think). lmpc teams need to stop screwing around and move up the ladder in alms and elms
gt3 seems fine. for now.
look at the results from last year...there were mid 30s for the first and last races and 45-53 for the middle 3 races.....a bit diiferent from 15!!!!
Old 6 Mar 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3035938)   #368
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
look at the results from last year...there were mid 30s for the first and last races and 45-53 for the middle 3 races.....a bit diiferent from 15!!!!
The middle 3 races were shared with the ILMC, that's why they got that many entries, since Audi, Peugeot and others were there.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3036148)   #369
lms
Veteran

Quote:
the 2012 season wont be be too bad if everyone participates in every round. sure gte has some growing to do, but lmp2 is looking good. should be 20+ cars. Also nice variety in lmp2 and gte too. Plus a few random lmpc teams not on the list.
http://www.planetlemans.com/2012/02/...on-entry-list/
Old 6 Mar 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3036228)   #370
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
a). Can't disagree with your last three words...

b). Well, the full season LMS entry list was about 30 but you did see some massive grids with the shared ILMC races. Of Course now instead of one race with 45 you get one with 30 and one with 15-20, both with tiny crowds and no real media attention, except those gullible enough to think a simple WC status will largely increase crowds and make mainstream media give a damn. ALMS has had other problems (although multiplied by the ACO) for years and GT3 is solid right now.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3036246)   #371
The Badger
Veteran

I understand people being a little concerned with presant ELMS numbers , but what do you want !!!

We have a world championship ..... isnt that much better . Even the manufacturers wanted that .
Old 7 Mar 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3036249)   #372
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
is it me or are the FIA/ACO intent on destroying our sport...[...]..ITS A JOKE!!!!
Intent on destroying it? Yes. I don't know if if it's intentional, but yes. It is a joke! You can chalk it up to the dangerous combination of ego and just complete stupidity. Maybe 2/3rds stupidity and 1/3rds ego. That's just a guess. Someone else might think they have a more accurate breakdown.

There were shared ILMC-LMS races last year, but the LMS did not like those. The ILMC media took every thing over for those rounds and they absolutely refused to show or discuss what was going on with the LMS. They basically got hijacked so they thought they would go their own way this year. The problem is GTE is dying in Europe so they are getting little out of that. They are surviving in LMP2 because some teams are doing both WEC and ELMS and there are a few other pure ELMS teams, but LMP2 is LMP2. And I'm not talking about 2007 era ALMS LMP2. Today's LMP2 is cost-capped, pro-am, old cars, ugly cars, BoP, single tire make (not intentionally though), season-long homologation on parts, and with very politicized regs in terms of what is production based and what isn't and what is cost-capped and what isn't. In other words, it's an okay club racing class, but it's not so much of a spectator class. Who is going to sign up to watch 6 hours of that crap? Nobody, that's who. Ok, I know there are technically 6-14 people who will watch such things, but you get the idea.

There are GTC and LMPC, but who cares about this? Apparently, few team owners in Europe care about ELMS GTC and European LMPC makes American PC look like Formula One.

If you want to know what should have happened, call Fogelhund and he'll tell you how the WEC could have/should have been integrated into the ALMS, ELMS, AsLMS, whatever. If the manufacturers and their whims want to race P1s worldwide, ok, send them on a tour of the best ALMS/ELMS/xLMS races so that Le Mans style racing everywhere can be fortified and the series are put in less peril if a manufacturer leaves on a whim. You know, like Peugeot. It also lets regional experts use their local knowledge to grow the races. This sounds good, but the logical nature of this insured that it'll never happen. No, no, instead we get the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF POLITICALLY COST-CAPPED PRO-AM LMP2 racing joined by Audi and whoever else we can beg and blow to come join us. Of course, the politically cost-capped pro-am LMP2 class and other classes will never get any TV time because, well, I don't know why. Apparently, someone in the ACO production truck has a Ullrich fetish. His head does look like a certain something which also looks like a certain something that will be on the track at Le Mans. Is this mystery now solved? Perhaps so. Of course, when I say TV time, I really mean web streaming time. Well, when the web streaming works that is.

Stupidity and ego. Yeah, that's the story. Greed too, let's not forget about that. That's huge too. I would say business as usual, but I think the world of ACO racing are taking stupidity, greed, and ego to a whole new level. I have not even discussed all the stupidity going on like the Bahrain crap, questionable regs in all the classes, and the ugly cars. The SRO, F1, IRL, even Grand-Am aren't this bad. At least with those series you can kind of tell the ridiculousness ahead of time and deal with it and enjoy what's left if you choose to do so. With ACO style racing, the nonsense is there at every level. You could say that it is a joke.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3036307)   #373
The Badger
Veteran

Race Performance livery Oreca 03 .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...erformance.jpg
Old 7 Mar 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3036410)   #374
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Looks like Jonathan Hirschi is confirmed in that squad too now alongside Michel Frey.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3037426)   #375
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Is there any live timing from the Paul Ricard test?