Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jan 2012, 01:29 (Ref:3011457)   #201
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
would be good to hear what are the smaller lmp2 teams are up to - WR, Rangoni, rlr, extreme limite, rml.....
Welter (WR Nissan), Rangoni (Zytek), RLR, Extreme Limite (Norma Judd) are all listed as (potential?) ELMS entrants on Mariantic.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3012389)   #202
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like RLR's Lola and RML's HPD are up for sale.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3013007)   #203
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DSC say Jota are entering a P2 Zytek in the ELMS, read elsewhere the factory Lotus team and Manthey will be in the series too.

P2

Jota
Greaves
Pecom
TDS
RLR
Status GP
OAK (customer)

Last edited by JAG; 17 Jan 2012 at 20:07.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3013017)   #204
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
DSC say Jota are entering a P2 Zytek in the ELMS, read elsewhere the factory Lotus team and Manthey will be in the series too.

P2

Jota
Greaves
Pecom
TDS
RLR
Status GP
OAK (customer)
... pegasus, race performance, boutsen, signatech, bailey also in p2. or not.

so... z11sn. will it be an evolution of last years chassis? like the new 2012 spec oreca 03? or exactly the same car as last year with holes?
Old 18 Jan 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3013201)   #205
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
DSC say Jota are entering a P2 Zytek in the ELMS.....
The article is free to view on DSC - here.

Great piece of news (not least, for the ELMS), delighted to see Jota back with an LMP!
Old 19 Jan 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3014006)   #206
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Would've thought that Lotus would do WEC because its a global series and to get a Le Mans entry.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3014008)   #207
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe where Lotus choose to race might depend on who's running the programme and paying the bills- If they've got a 2012 sponsor whose business is mainly European-based, with little interest in the US, Asia or Middle East, then perhaps ELMS makes more sense to them- We've already seen Mike Newton and RML make the decision that the long-haul trips for the WEC aren't justifiable for them.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3014297)   #208
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
MtC with some news...

Quote:
Race Performance to run revised livery on their Oreca 03 Judd-BMW. Set to race in ELMS + applied for Le Mans entry. Drivers TBA. #ELMS #LM24
https://twitter.com/#!/dsceuroeditor...18992248381440

So apart from Strakka (moving to WEC) and RML (sabbatical) looks like the LMP2 field is set to keep a majority of its 2011 entrants. (Before anyone mentions Pecom, they'll be doing both the WEC and ELMS)
Old 20 Jan 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3014507)   #209
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, including RLR and Extreme Limite plus (possible) additions from Jota, Status, Pegasus and Sbarta/Bailey. I expect a total of around 10 cars which is not too bad.

And there are still a couple of announcement to be made. Might we see one or two new programs?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3014931)   #210
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are they actually planning to use the Mistral chicane @ Paul Ricard this year? I hope not, but the track profile on the ELMS site shows it:
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_...php?circuit=19
Old 21 Jan 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3014934)   #211
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Are they actually planning to use the Mistral chicane @ Paul Ricard this year? I hope not, but the track profile on the ELMS site shows it:
http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_...php?circuit=19
They just messed up with the picture, the website also mentions that configuration 1A-V2 is being used.

http://www.circuitpaulricard.com/vie...s-de-piste.pdf

Page 9. Full Mistral straight, but they use the tighter section of esses for the first two corners. From the codes that the versions get, seems as if all the 1A configurations use the Mistral uninterrupted.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3015157)   #212
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
EDIT: Newton - Maybe his schedule is too busy to race?
Partially correct - he has gone on record saying the 2nd half of the WEC would mean he would have to be permenantly away from the day job at home & those races are not in his market area so no benefit.
A long-shot suggestion that he would run the 1st half then lease the car to someone else who is interested in the asia rounds.
the Euro LMS is a no go because of concerns over media coverage (or lack there-of)

Believe it or not, Britcar looks like the main beneficiery of Le Mans going global - Pescarolo, RML & Rollcentre have all been talking about wheeling out their not-yet-historic cars
Old 22 Jan 2012, 12:05 (Ref:3015268)   #213
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
A long-shot suggestion that he would run the 1st half then lease the car to someone else who is interested in the asia rounds.
the Euro LMS is a no go because of concerns over media coverage (or lack there-of)
I doubt they lodged an entry for the WEC. Might see the car at a ELMS race, maybe Donington?
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:08 (Ref:3015450)   #214
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Believe it or not, Britcar looks like the main beneficiery of Le Mans going global - Pescarolo, RML & Rollcentre have all been talking about wheeling out their not-yet-historic cars
I try to make an effort to see at least one Britcar race per season nowadays, I'll be there for the Donington race in April, I certainly hope a few LMPs can join in! With such a small number of championships supporting ACO-rules LMP cars I think its a very good idea indeed to entice future potential entries into prototype racing. Certainly a series like ELMS should be supportive of this.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3015452)   #215
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Certainly a series like ELMS should be supportive of this.
Not sure about this... Britcar attracting (even older) LMPs might actually be bad new for the ELMS.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3015832)   #216
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have an Extreme Limite confirmation now on twitter for ELMS and LM24 posted entry. Via DSC.

Quote:
@dsceditor Graham Goodwin
Extreme Limite confirm ELMS and LM24 entry with Norma Judd LMP2

Good luck to them although they might struggle to get an entry this year. They do have variety and Frenchness going for them.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3015833)   #217
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's good to see. I was worried that the ELMS field would be terrible after the changes and the delay in putting out a schedule. But so far it seems both P2 and GT will have pretty good fields.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3015874)   #218
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed, it's not looking that grim after all. And the irony is that the Motors TV coverage of the series is likely to be more comprehensive than what Eurosport will show of WEC...

Seeing how many GTE-AM Ferrari teams in WEC are switching from F430 to 458, I wonder how many ELMS teams are opting for the same upgrade now? If the 430 is completely phased out of GTE then the GTC category - which allows you to run much cheaper 430 Challenge - could actually turn out to be the last place we can see them in ACO-sanctioned racing!

Speaking of which, could someone give me a short summary of teams that have shown interest in participating the GTC class this year? If any?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3015885)   #219
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chiana, the only one I've heard about is the Portuguese team Oasis Motorsport, who announced a month or so ago an interest in entering exactly the 430 Challenge.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3015887)   #220
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure about this... Britcar attracting (even older) LMPs might actually be bad new for the ELMS.
Is there any more details about this Britcar prototype thing? I'm not familiar with the series or the rules. I guess the answer would fit better in the Britcar thread.

Quote:
Agreed, it's not looking that grim after all. And the irony is that the Motors TV coverage of the series is likely to be more comprehensive than what Eurosport will show of WEC...
Is the ELMS confirmed to be on Motors? All I heard was that the ELMS was trying to update their media package, but I did not think any networks were confirmed. That was a month or two ago so things may have changed by now. I think there will be web streaming as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Chiana, the only one I've heard about is the Portuguese team Oasis Motorsport, who announced a month or so ago an interest in entering exactly the 430 Challenge.
Loeb Racing has expressed interest as well. AFAIK, that's all that I know that have expressed interest. I'm sure there are others that I have not heard about. There were rumors about JMB also.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3015893)   #221
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Is the ELMS confirmed to be on Motors? All I heard was that the ELMS was trying to update their media package, but I did not think any networks were confirmed. That was a month or two ago so things may have changed by now. I think there will be web streaming as well.
Watch the European Le Mans Series on Motors TV in 2012
http://www.motorstv.com/car/endurance/lms

Also it's the only logical choice, really. Even though I'm still gutted about Estoril last year

Quote:
Loeb Racing has expressed interest as well. AFAIK, that's all that I know that have expressed interest. I'm sure there are others that I have not heard about. There were rumors about JMB also.
I thought Loeb's team was heading to LMPC and French Carrera Cup?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3015901)   #222
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Is there any more details about this Britcar prototype thing? I'm not familiar with the series or the rules. I guess the answer would fit better in the Britcar thread
Not sure if I can post this here since it is ultimately from DSC, but I found this posted on another forum. Please remove if necessary:

Quote:
One of the new initiatives for the 2012 season that has attracted several serious enquiries has been an extension of the LMPX category. Some of the details may yet require fine tuning, but the Britcar GT2 Class 1 will now be open to Le Mans style, SR2 and Daytona prototypes as well as GT cars and entries like the Stealth and Aquila. The way in which the eligibility of all cars is decided under the regulations for the Britcar MSA British Endurance Championship is based upon an assessment of power-to-weight ratio, and the LMPX class is no different. Essentially, chassis that would normally run within the ACO’s LMP2 category, FIA SR2 and GrandAm Daytona prototype regulations can race in Britcar events provided the power-to-weight ratio meets the stringent criteria.

“We have had approaches from several high profile names regarding the possibility of running prototypes within the Championship,” admitted Wood. “On Thursday we had a visit from Mike Newton, who has expressed an interest in running one of his Lolas, and then on Friday we had a long chat with Martin Short, who displayed similar interest in entering one of his ex Le Mans prototypes with a stock-block engine. We’ve also had a visit from an “emissary” from Pescarolo in France, where they have some “training cars” that they’re considering re-fitting with a regular Chevrolet V8 or Nissan V6. Obviously, such cars will need to be de-tuned so that their engines generate around 300 bhp, but it’s a very exciting development.”
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3015903)   #223
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also it's the only logical choice, really. Even though I'm still gutted about Estoril last year
Well, look on the bright side, I don't get to see any ELMS races on TV! Although Estoril was a great race. It would have been nice for someone to see it on TV. I guess there will be web streaming this year, but hopefully they will archive the streams like the ALMS does so those of us not in Europe can watch the race at a more normal time.

Quote:
I thought Loeb's team was heading to LMPC and French Carrera Cup?
Not according to this:

Quote:
"It’s an element that counted for us, as well as its reasonable price. We will be running two cars in France, but it’s also accepted in Porsche Supercup and even in the Le Mans Series, in the GTC class. Therefore, another program could come online as a compliment. This choice is the fruit of a lot of forethought. It’s a solid base."
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...cing-launched/

Maybe things have changed since then, I don't know.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3015907)   #224
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really happy to see the ELMS will be on Motors. Great to be able to Sky+ a race if you work on weekends.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3015908)   #225
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure if I can post this here since it is ultimately from DSC, but I found this posted on another forum. Please remove if necessary:
Thanks, that's interesting. The power-to-weight formula may eliminate the need for BoP. That would make it more interesting than ACO P2, but I don't know if Britcar has any other layers of BoP. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the series, but I may need to keep an eye on it. They run spec Dunlop tires, yes?