Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 29 Oct 2003, 04:08 (Ref:766464)   #51
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car sticker would be good -- Annual Party/Gathering at Le Mans or other large event might be fun -- "Members Only" -- I like my 10-Tenths cap and polo and wear them a lot.

Lucky Tribe gives me prizes for logging into their site once a week. If I got prizes from 10-Tenths I'd own you all by now. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 29 Oct 2003, 05:13 (Ref:766482)   #52
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna go against the idea of a pay for membership. Simply on the fact that we act as a community, run by Craig, and if he needs money to run things, we should give it. I personally don't think 'perks' should be a part of the deal, I think it should be something we do because we enjoy being here.

On the other hand, I do say I like the idea of seling things like hats and decals...I understand the fact that they failed in th4e past, but hey I say take orders before you order them. I would buy stuff
Old 29 Oct 2003, 14:50 (Ref:767012)   #53
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
avsfan, you're exactly right, of course. We shouldn't need any special reason to provide a donation. Craig devotes time and money to providing us with a discussion space. All we do is use it!

At the very least we should help him defray his costs.

That said, I'd pay for the email address and/or subdomain (single page, perhaps that I could redirect by using empty frames). Sort of an expanded profile page...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Nov 2003, 12:05 (Ref:773720)   #54
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the car stickers and email id sound way cool. how much moola are we talking about anyway? i live in a 3rd world country and my decent pay check here could mean didly squat in US$

but i would pay for an email id, so if the price is right i'd rather spend my cash on an F1 site rather than yahoo.

fog_shadow
Old 11 Nov 2003, 12:30 (Ref:779732)   #55
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be happy to donate, £5 a year sound OK...or are we talking more?

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 11 Nov 2003 at 12:37.
Old 11 Nov 2003, 12:37 (Ref:779738)   #56
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry, a few problems, i meant to edit but i quoted instead.

a 10/10ths e-mail address would be cool, i have 3 but i can always use more.

I really like the idea of a gathering of 10/10thers, especially if motorsport is involved...

Craig, is there any merchandise left from the last attempt?
i'll be interested when i get paid.

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 11 Nov 2003 at 12:40.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:36 (Ref:782477)   #57
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig, perhaps the apparell failed in the past because people had to order it and payment had to be made through checks to you. A cap as a part of "membership" including Email addresses, avatars, decals (stickers) starts to make sense if it enables you to reap greater funds. I think its the psychology of the thing. Membership with a cap is different than ordering a cap.

Also, you might explore Paypal for payment options. I've used it to buy things and donate to a number
of causes recently. Its easy to use and might simplify things on your end.
Old 13 Nov 2003, 21:38 (Ref:782482)   #58
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks everyone for the input. Keep it coming! Nothing is going to happen immediately but it is something that I will be looking at over the winter months when I'm quieter at work and all your input will be taken into account!
Old 14 Nov 2003, 20:45 (Ref:783615)   #59
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what kind of fee would we be talking about? if the fee was nominal, wouldn't the costs of processing make the process worthless? i suppose Uk people could send craig a cheque or something?
Old 18 Nov 2003, 14:53 (Ref:787175)   #60
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any sponsorship?
With such a good number of visitors and members, some company (possibly not from motorsport) could find it interesting to put some ads, with no expenses for members...

Last edited by climb; 18 Nov 2003 at 14:54.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 20:16 (Ref:787543)   #61
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Any sponsorship?
With such a good number of visitors and members, some company (possibly not from motorsport) could find it interesting to put some ads, with no expenses for members...
I for one would not like that at all. The fact that this site has no advertisements whatsoever is one of my favorite features of 10/Tenths.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 18 Nov 2003, 21:11 (Ref:787606)   #62
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It is something that we have tried in the past and, sadly, there is simply no money in website ads anymore. The last time we ran a banner ad campaign, for example, we got $0.04US per 1000 banner impressions (ie every 1000 times the banner was displayed we got $0.04!) After running up a bill of approx $100 the client defaulted and we got nothing...
Old 18 Nov 2003, 21:11 (Ref:787607)   #63
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't we have popup adverts with every page load for a few days a good while back, which caused so many people to complain that Craig had to scrap them? Or does my memory play tricks on me here and this happened at another site, or maybe we just discussed it and Craig decided to drop the idea as people would find popup adverts too annoying?

One of the things which would be highly beneficial with a paid membership would be unlimited PM capacity for the paying members (or, say, a limit at 1000 messages or something). If we could have perks like that to come with a paid membership, you can count me in.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:12 (Ref:867360)   #64
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paying for avatars?????????

This forum really has gone mad. Avatars are supposed to me fun and free.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 20:13 (Ref:867362)   #65
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agreed ... special when every other forum has them. some have images in their sigs ... but, that is too far.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:51 (Ref:867968)   #66
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to stay...
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:15 (Ref:869380)   #67
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
Carlos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of membership and to be able to display this in the form of decals and t-shirts sounds a great way of spotting other members and creating friendly ssociations within our parts of motorsport and accross the whole of motorsport. e-mail addresses also sound a great idea along with a group buying section.
There has also been presedent for groups with a club sizable membership to be able to wangle discounts for its members from suppliers (one club I used to be envolved with managed to get a 17.5% discount from one store for a year by having there logo on the decals and polo shirts they supplied to there members. just a thought.
Old 24 Feb 2004, 15:17 (Ref:884101)   #68
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I think it's a great idea - I'd pay. I don't like avatars though - I waste of time.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 12:41 (Ref:956857)   #69
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I'd voluntarily pay just to support this friendly and informative site

I agree with a former post about doing a division between pay and free members would damage the sense of community we have here, so I would prefer not making too much "private zones" or funcionalities but "details" as email address, decals, etc (I'm not fond of avatars, but some people likes it).

Also, I suppose some of our more "loyal" members here are not in disposition of pay a certain amount of money, so I would not like to do too many things about advantages in the forum's mechanics for pay members.

Anyway, count me for a *voluntary* pay, and if there is something to reward it, I'd be proud to use that "ten-tenths" thing
Old 30 Apr 2004, 17:05 (Ref:957125)   #70
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, put Schummy. Absolutely agree. With all you've said!

Old 2 May 2004, 08:57 (Ref:958445)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Paying is ok as long as there is an understanding that the payment does not mean the rules of the site can be broken by the financial members... editorial integrity or somesuch?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 May 2004, 21:17 (Ref:960875)   #72
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
I would be willing to pay. As long as the amount wasn't exhorbitant. You have to ensure that the difference between a paid and unpaid member is unnoticable to unpaid members though, as they may start to desert the board. That's my 2p worth
Old 4 May 2004, 21:19 (Ref:960881)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that 2p to be deducted from your payment or is it your payment
Old 5 May 2004, 09:00 (Ref:961244)   #74
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
The former
Old 18 Jun 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1008327)   #75
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the title of the thread, " why is WREX special ?"

maybe cause he's had a team named after him in the latest version of V8 Supercar 2. In the game he's running a Jag.