Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 4 Jun 2004, 20:48 (Ref:994226)   #1
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Server too busy !

So it's 0945 pm in the UK on a Friday night, and the servers too busy !! Should you not be at the pub or havin' a bit of slap and tickle with the missus ?? Is there nothing on the telly ??
Good grief people !!

I'm at work and it's 2:45 pm for me,so I'm allowed to be on here..

Now , go and have some fun...
Old 4 Jun 2004, 23:49 (Ref:994354)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Time for Craig to get some bigger batteries
Old 5 Jun 2004, 07:26 (Ref:994481)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Re: Server too busy !

Quote:
Originally posted by fast95pony
So it's 0945 pm in the UK on a Friday night, and the servers too busy !! Should you not be at the pub or havin' a bit of slap and tickle with the missus ?? Good grief people !!

I'm at work and it's 2:45 pm for me,so I'm allowed to be on here..

Now , go and have some fun...
I wasn't in the pub, watchin telly or in here at that time
Old 5 Jun 2004, 09:49 (Ref:994552)   #4
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Seems the server has been too busy rather frequently of late. Time for an upgrade?

Old 5 Jun 2004, 12:03 (Ref:994635)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry I would have answered but I was far too busy!
Old 5 Jun 2004, 14:09 (Ref:994701)   #6
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was in the pub, but the way I feel today I wish I'd been on here and stayed in...
Old 5 Jun 2004, 18:35 (Ref:994836)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Too many shandy's Garc?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 18:08 (Ref:1071786)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems to be happening a lot today... or atleast for me
Old 20 Aug 2004, 07:30 (Ref:1072341)   #9
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone some explanations?

It happens a lot even in moments when the number of connected people is not that large.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1072358)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
See the thread "Bandwidth and Attachments". It's one of the issues we are trying to address.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1075510)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've also had trouble with the "server to busy" messages. And to me, the entire site seems slower than it used to be. Not that I have any grand solutions.

What about deleting attachments after a week? Some forums have threads that are many, many, many pages long with numerous attachments. That way the pic can be posted and viewed, and then tossed. But maybe that isn't feasible.
Old 23 Aug 2004, 22:07 (Ref:1075621)   #12
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A comment

I also had problems with PM's. Couldn't send them.
Old 24 Aug 2004, 12:32 (Ref:1076092)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I got a database error earlier "Unable to connect to server"

Anybody else had one of them recently? Is that capacity related as well or am I just a freak?
Old 24 Aug 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1076144)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had that a few times myself - basically same problem as the 'server too busy' message only it doesn't get that far!

All related to server bandwidth problems - i.e. the issue isn't the amount of disk space (for storing threads etc), it's sufficient processing power to open, read, update posts/threads/attachments etc for x number of people at a given time...
Old 24 Aug 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1076174)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So it really meant: "The server is too busy to tell you it's too busy"

Ooops.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1076640)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've had that one several times.

The site is incredibly slow all round now, as well. I thought it was down to my stupid computer but none of the other websites have slowed down, so....
Old 25 Aug 2004, 09:00 (Ref:1076800)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Which is surprising considering the number of pictures downloading on those other sites of yours knowlesy...

Spookily enough, just got the same message now! Maybe I should stop posting spurious posts that don't actually add anything to anyone's lives... hang on, if I didn't do that I wouldn't have enough posts to get in Parc Ferme...

Wibble.