Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 31 Jan 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3019305)   #1
Simon Davey
Rookie

Simon Davey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Race Driver Seminar at Race Retro

The Monoposto Racing Club will have a stand at Race Retro, held from Friday 24th-Sunday 26th February. See http://www.raceretro.com
We are planning to hold a Seminar for New Race Drivers on the Sunday afternoon.
The Seminar will be free (although entrance to the Show is not)

The intention is to spend 90 minutes on a practical, interactive introduction to racing, covering topics and questions like:
The Race Car
What’s a dog ring? Where can I buy race fuel? Do I need to “set up” the car’s suspension/engine/gearbox?
Equipment
Are my race suit/helmet/gloves/shoes legal? Do I need a quick lift jack?
Race Day
When do I go to Scrutineering and what do I take? What happens if my car stops after 2 laps of practice?
Race Craft
Do I pit if I’m shown a black/white diagonal flag? What’s a good tactic when someone tries to outbrake me?
Admin
When is the Closing Date for race entries? Can I have a refund if I break down on the way to the race circuit?
Useful Contacts
Cars, parts, car advice, regulations advice…

...but we are not going to cover topics like how to get sponsorship, keep fit or be interviewed by the media.

You do not have to be a Monoposto member to join the session, but you should be actively interested in going single seater racing. Older hands are welcome - they may pick up the odd tip and they can share their experience too…

We do need to be sure that there is sufficient demand for this session so if you wish to attend the New Race Driver Seminar please let me know as soon as possible!

Simon Davey
Administrator
Monoposto Racing Club
email: admin@monoposto.co.uk
tel: 01327 843056