Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2279766)   #1
e30zam
Rookie

e30zam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa this weekend, who's going? Camping?

Hi,

Is anyone heading to Spa this weekend, just wondered how people are going about it?
I've decided on doing the whole weekend, got the ferry and tickets sorted. The only thing i couldn't decide on was the camping. I've found a place that has room to pitch near Stavelot, this is my 'backup' plan. But i've heard there is more fun to be had if you camp nearer or even pretty much on the circuit? I'm going with my mate and some nightlife would be good, although nothing too heavy!

Opinions, previous experiences?

Cheers,

Max
Old 1 Sep 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2279767)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi e30zam, this sort of thread is best suited to the trackside forum - I feel sure a moderator will move it there to an area where it won't get lost in the busyness of the F1 section.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2279770)   #3
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
HCForums should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just make your way into town and find a spot on one if the campings. Else there's behind Les Combes also some camping spots. I've never stayed on any but just looking at them the atmosphere must be great.

I think I will be going but I still haven't got tickets. The Spa site says that if the ticket hasn't arrived on Thursday I should call and they will arrange that I can pick it up at the circuit. Nice... Not that I was going to the pitwalk but I can imagine some fans would certainly like to experience that but of course you need your ticket for that. The excuse is that the promoter was late sending out the tickets.

Anyway, as it stands now there's a 90 percent chance of rain on Sunday. The weather has been very unpredictable since last week and of course Spa even has its own mini climate so who knows what to expect. I will try to keep dry and not get into a fenderbender on the highway (I'm not on a camping, driving from home instead all three days). Have fun y'all.
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2279779)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Moved to the appropriate forum.

Have fun.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2280413)   #5
thestig84
Rookie

thestig84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im camping here http://www.eaurouge.nl/index_en.htm
Bit of a walk but hopefully not too far. Still no sign of my tickets though.....getting worried.

HCForums what is that about thursday, is the pit lane open? Thanks.

Adam
Old 2 Sep 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2280481)   #6
e30zam
Rookie

e30zam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the tips HCforums.
When you say make your way into town do you mean Francorchamps?
I didn't realise there was a pitwalk on Thursday either!
The rain sounds good to me, its not like it will be cold. Like you say its to be expected there.
Adam that campsite looks very good, just a few miles south of the circuit. Its probably the closest one to it with decent facilities. I tried to book there but they had no more room.
I went in '04 with my dad and we stayed at the Spa D'or site, it was good enough but fairly quiet and definitely beyond walking distance.
I'm going with my mate this time so its probably going to involve more booze, and later nights!
We'll have to choose caregfully though, I don't want to be kept up all night by techno partys!
Old 3 Sep 2008, 12:13 (Ref:2280772)   #7
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Normally there's always a pitlane in Thursday so I don't expect it to be different this year, with a normal ticket you can enter.

I was staying at Spa D'Or last year. They got us a full spot where we could park and set up our tent so it was really good. Only problem was that there were some Dutch guys who did kareoke till 3AM and even when asked by the management to stop they didn't. When you have to get up early next morning its kinda hard to here Dutch songs and a jingle repeated every minute. Oh yeah, there were some thieves too but if you don't leave anything in your tent it shouldn't be a problem.

Where did you order your tickets thestig84? If its the unofficial francorchamps.be site you should get them today or tomorrow. I've got mine about two hours ago.

Don't forget that its really cold in the morning, so don't forget to take enough clothes with you to the circuit. It will get warmer throughout the day. Now it looks like the worst weather will hit the circuit at Friday and it will become less throughout the weekend. Still 65% of rain on Sunday.

Yes, I meant Francorchamps. But don't forget these campings are the closest to the circuit so they will be packed. But there are more spots near Les Combes and Rivage.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2280919)   #8
thestig84
Rookie

Thanks for the advice, ive packed a fleece and jacket.

Just got the tickets about 3pm today. Cutting it pretty fine! Happy now though.

What time is the pit walk? I dont think I will be there in time. I maybe there by 3 or 4pm?

Cheers
Old 3 Sep 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2280969)   #9
HCForums
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Got this from another site, should be pretty reliable as its the same time as last year.

DONDERDAG 4 SEPTEMBER
15.00 - 17.00 uur Pitwalk Ingang La Source (weekend tickets only)
Old 3 Sep 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2281082)   #10
thestig84
Rookie

Superb. Ill hold off putting up the tent to have the chance to walk down the pits!

Thanks again for the help