Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 9 Nov 2007, 08:05 (Ref:2063543)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can-Am on film, turn your speakers up!

This looks great!
http://www.canamfilm.com
Old 9 Nov 2007, 08:42 (Ref:2063560)   #2
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Santa....
Old 9 Nov 2007, 08:47 (Ref:2063565)   #3
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If that doesn't give you goosebumps, you're not a racing fan........
Old 9 Nov 2007, 10:58 (Ref:2063654)   #4
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wow imagine driving one of those beasts!
Old 9 Nov 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2063835)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i want one....car and video.

too bad i wasn't born until 1979, but I still have my dad's UOP Shadow Tee that i'm sure he bought at Road ATL back in the day.
Old 9 Nov 2007, 16:37 (Ref:2063885)   #6
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Brilliant Promo

What a cracking ad for the DVD. As has already been said Fantastic Machines and like a couple of other posters I would love to drive one!

Now where is that Lottery Ticket!

Old 9 Nov 2007, 17:12 (Ref:2063914)   #7
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 9 Nov 2007, 20:53 (Ref:2064007)   #8
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can i buy it!?

I note its made by the same company who did 50 Years of on-board F1.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 01:30 (Ref:2064103)   #9
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow. When even the trailer is cool... I amused myself by running it several times in a row and trying to figure out all the tracks they show. Saw what I thought was Riverside, definitely Road America, Mosport... what track had the sandbanks on either side?

I want one. That's my childhood talking.

keke
Old 10 Nov 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2064175)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Was I imagining it or did the wing on the white car flatten out as it exited a bend near the beginning of the Innovation section? If that was F1 now, Max would have puppies.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 10:00 (Ref:2064204)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
great stuff

Max must have had lots of puppies already, he certainly suffers from nappie brain!
Old 10 Nov 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2064271)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Terrific stuff, Andrew, thanks for bringing to our attention. Lots of interesting shapes there, one of a particularly delightful nature!
Old 10 Nov 2007, 13:17 (Ref:2064295)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 10 Nov 2007, 14:21 (Ref:2064352)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
... what track had the sandbanks on either side?
i believe it was Bridgehampton on Long Island...was just chatting with my neighbor about that track yesterday, who happens to be from LI.
Old 10 Nov 2007, 16:57 (Ref:2064475)   #15
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got wind of this DVD's launch a few days ago and can't wait for it to come out. It looks fantastic with creative direction in keeping with the period.
Old 11 Nov 2007, 09:50 (Ref:2064825)   #16
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Was I imagining it or did the wing on the white car flatten out as it exited a bend near the beginning of the Innovation section? If that was F1 now, Max would have puppies.
No it wasn't your imagination working overtime. The Chapparal had a moveable rear wing which feathered on the straights and went into a steeper angle through the corners when the car decelerated.

Last edited by John Turner; 11 Nov 2007 at 10:50. Reason: Steve, I'm not too comfortable with that last comment, even though probably true!! - sorry, JT
Old 12 Nov 2007, 02:20 (Ref:2065341)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
No it wasn't your imagination working overtime. The Chapparal had a moveable rear wing which feathered on the straights and went into a steeper angle through the corners when the car decelerated.
lower drag on the straights and full downforce in the corner.
yeah, even better is that it had a three speed AUTO transmission and the clutch was used to move the wing....
Jim Hall, a man WAAAAY before his time.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 11:30 (Ref:2065511)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
dont ya just luv the sound of a V8 Chevy? There is something about them, I donttknow whether its the fireing order or what but they just sound different from any other V8.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 17:21 (Ref:2065764)   #19
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No bias there then, Al!
Old 12 Nov 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2065856)   #20
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, can't wait for this!
Gurney leaving two black lines out of the pits..
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2066624)   #21
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those wanting to see the real thing, Can-Am will be featured at Mosport June 20-22. Promises to be a great show!
Bob H.
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2066647)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
dont ya just luv the sound of a V8 Chevy? There is something about them, I donttknow whether its the fireing order or what but they just sound different from any other V8.
I can only agree with you there! That trailer looks superb, with some awesome sounds, think I'll be investing in this one! Is there any particular release date or are we still waiting on that kinda news?
Old 14 Nov 2007, 04:40 (Ref:2067063)   #23
giffo
Rookie

Australia
Perth - West Australia
giffo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got a reply from Pit Stop
http://www.pitstop.net.au/view/produ...ery/plu/19562/
Old 21 Nov 2007, 22:27 (Ref:2072936)   #24
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all Can-Am fans, there is a good book on the Series if you can hunt it down!

"THE WORLDS MOST POWERFUL ROAD RACING CARS - GROUP 7" bu Karl Eric Ludvigsen and the editors of AUTO RACING magazine.

Published by Arco Publishing Company - 1973
ISBN 0-668-03304-5