Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 Sep 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3451097)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I prefer the last corner to be relatively sharp after a long straight, to encourage late passes for the win. Like São Paulo Anhembi and Buenos Aires Gálvez.

The third sector looks like a faster version of Mid-Ohio, very interesting. I like the two fast right-benders (I'd call the, Monzanian and Istanbulish). BUt the best seems to be the right-left esses 8-9.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3461307)   #27
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only started working on this again recently, blocking out all the landscaping/terrain...still got alot of the main infield area to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKGThunder View Post
Those screens look amazing. Hey, if you need something testing in Assetto Corsa, I'm your man!

(I really wanna drive it)
sure, once ive got some wall collision proxys made and some kerbs in, ill send you a version for testing n feedback/suggestions...im happy with the general layout, but its a bit hard to drive it on the limit at the moment without any features (theres a few blind apexes and the like)
Attached Thumbnails
CNB_Track_WIP9_comp.jpg  
Old 6 Oct 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3461350)   #28
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IC View Post
sure, once ive got some wall collision proxys made and some kerbs in, ill send you a version for testing n feedback/suggestions...im happy with the general layout, but its a bit hard to drive it on the limit at the moment without any features (theres a few blind apexes and the like)
Great!

A couple of questions/suggestions, not sure how far along you are if any changes were needed... anyway:

1. I feel the main pit entrance doesn't need to be that complex. I feel a pit entrance after the final corner would be more appropriate, even with the risk of cars being blocked from entering by someone on their inside. Maybe a nice long blend zone?

2. Why are the support pits/paddock so far from the track?
Old 21 Nov 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3477293)   #29
The IC
Racer

Australia
finally have an update to post, only been working on this occasionally over the past few months...been modelling and texturing up trackside stuff...

normally if i was just putting this ingame, id borrow assets from tracks included in said game, but since i want to use this for other unrelated things aswell, id rather build it all from scratch from my own sourced stuff...i took a whole bunch of photos for texture ref purposes at Mt Panorama a couple of weeks before the Bathurst 1000, people passing by kept giving me funny looks as i was taking photos of the walls, kerbs, bitumen and whatnot...

ive given out a preliminary version to 6 people to test drive in AC so far, most seem to approve (still waiting on your extra feedback SKGThunder )...will get more interesting when some subtle bumps are added
Attached Thumbnails
MVMP_WIP10a comp.jpg   MVMP_WIP10b comp.jpg   MVMP_WIP10c comp.jpg  

Old 21 Nov 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3477415)   #30
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That really is incredible detail that you have
Old 22 Nov 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3477530)   #31
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops!

After trying to figure out how I'd improve the final sector, I haven't been able to come up with anything. The final corner is great and I think my initial concerns of the final turns being too repetitive were inappropriate. Although I might not enjoy the complete flow of the circuit (I'm sure people will disagree), each corner is unique and has it's own challenge, the elevation changes helps a lot with this which is difficult to see from the overhead shot.

Those models are indeed very impressive. Get those bumps in!
Old 10 Jan 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3491568)   #32
The IC
Racer

Australia
Heyo,

Just did a quick video to show the layout as it currently looks in Assetto Corsa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Cdj3tUBIo

Cheers
Old 11 Feb 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3503819)   #33
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Viperion101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What program were you using to model Majura? And to get the Google Earth overlay?
Old 11 Feb 2015, 10:22 (Ref:3503926)   #34
The IC
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
What program were you using to model Majura? And to get the Google Earth overlay?
Terrain came from Sketchup Pro, it can import chunks of Google Earths terrain mesh, everything else has been modeled from scratch in 3dsmax...if youre wanting to do stuff for Assetto Corsa, any 3D program that can export .fbx files *should* be able to get meshes into the AC Editor...

Last edited by The IC; 11 Feb 2015 at 10:27.