Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Jul 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3106238)   #676
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Being a smoker has nothing to do with whether you recognize the brand emblem/color scheme. Marlboro, like a number of brands, has simply had so much exposure that it's hard not to know what it is. I rarely drink beer(and virtually never an American chain beer), but it's pretty hard to miss the Budweiser red with white lettering on Bobby Rahal's old Truesports Indy Car.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3106297)   #677
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So anyway back to the racing...

Oak fastest in P1, Murphy fastest in P2 and Greaves quickest in P3. Seems like pretty ordinary weather at Donnington so far. Interesting to see the two Jousse brothers in the Status GP entry with Alex Sims.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3106324)   #678
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P1? Are you sure?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3106326)   #679
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I already got so bored during practice 1... didn't help how RLM were downplaying the massive crisis this series is going through and instead praising the LMP2 field. "Not quantity but quality" -talk as per usual
Old 14 Jul 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3106328)   #680
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Allan Simonsen will replace James Walker because James Walkers wife has gone into labour.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3106348)   #681
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I already got so bored during practice 1... didn't help how RLM were downplaying the massive crisis this series is going through and instead praising the LMP2 field. "Not quantity but quality" -talk as per usual
Are you suprised? This is the same RLM that praised the BoP system at the Dubai 24h and bashes Formula One's "spec racing" while claiming GTC and LMPC are the best things since sliced bread.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3106353)   #682
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
P1? Are you sure?
Thats what I read on DSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Allan Simonsen will replace James Walker because James Walkers wife has gone into labour.
Thats a good pair of hands to replace Walker. Shame theres only one car in GTPro. Oh well they can battle the two others in GT-Am for GT honours.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3106358)   #683
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Are you suprised? This is the same RLM that praised the BoP system at the Dubai 24h and bashes Formula One's "spec racing" while claiming GTC and LMPC are the best things since sliced bread.
I know I know... Hindy even replied to me on their forum that they always call the races "as they see it" (never sugarcoating the situation) and that they are not like F1 people who claim that every race is the best ever. Righto

While back ago I also got publicly bashed for not liking the artificiality of Dubai 24 race (as a reply to Nick & John calling BTCC entertainment / not-real racing), so I think from this moment on I'll only critisize them from save distance... It's an awesome service and I love their never-ending enthuasism. but there are some flaws
Old 14 Jul 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3106363)   #684
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nevermind, I read the posts wrong. Ignore this.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3106377)   #685
Deleted
Veteran

Loeb Oreca seventh in Q... disappointing again when you look at the line-up

Cannot get excited about this weekend at all but it's notable how the pole-sitting Oak is less than two tenths off from the LMP1 pole sitter in 2006... JMW Ferrari two seconds off from the GT1 pole. Though it's admittely hard to make direct comparisons
Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3106379)   #686
Realist66
Rookie

Realist66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They didn't do any such thing, they spent an hour two discussing the crises with those directly involved in the series like Jody Firth and Mike Newton, well worth a listen as it highlights what fine lines their are between programs getting off the ground or being scratched. Radio LM don't shoot their mouth off, look for simplistic answers, or write off the efforts and hard work teams and personnel put into entertaining fans on a weekend.

The one line solutions to the troubles of the ELMS you often read on forums aren't going to help, things are much more complicated, there are factors behind the scenes for delays, calender changes, TV troubles, some self-inflicted, many out of their control. It only takes one our two factors to change and you have a hit on your hands, Blancpain, or a flop, FIA GT3, these can change year to year.

Next year the only certainties are the World championshp - due to the heavy hitters behind it - and the ALMS - due to it being long established. Everything else is up in the air, series could disappear, merge, or take an entirely different direction. What everyone can agree on is there are too many GT series and there needs to be a platform for the relatively healthy Lmp2 and CN/Lmp3 cars.

Rather than bemoaning the current situation it should be embraced, mid-year and there are already serious discussions about how this area of the sport can move forward stronger in the coming years. The biggest problem is not a shortage of interest, it's getting the mix or series right and not having duplicates.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3106389)   #687
Deleted
Veteran

I'm not sure if we were listening to the same practice broadcast as the one I sit through clearly wanted us to believe that the P2 field was the saviour of this event and everything else was secondary in importance, but as for your other points: yes, I do agree
Old 14 Jul 2012, 16:31 (Ref:3106390)   #688
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's an awesome service and I love their never-ending enthuasism. but there are some flaws

I know what you mean, but at the end of the day they've gotta pay the bills, and if talking up the Delta Wing at LM and pretending the rules at Dubai 24 make sense do that, then so be it, I'd rather have those guys around any day than any other commentary team.

Paul Ricard race was rather gripping in P2 though, let's hope that this one is the same.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3106408)   #689
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JMW may not be allowed to replace James Walker, its up to the stewards to make the decision. I dont imagine the stewards saying no because they cant afford to lose any car but stranger things have happened.

If they cant replace him will they withdraw from the event or just run until Cocker runs out of driving time?
Old 14 Jul 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3106433)   #690
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
JMW may not be allowed to replace James Walker, its up to the stewards to make the decision. I dont imagine the stewards saying no because they cant afford to lose any car but stranger things have happened.

If they cant replace him will they withdraw from the event or just run until Cocker runs out of driving time?
Word is that they have either Matt Bell or Allan Simonsen standing by as replacements. And I'm pretty sure that the stewards will understand the team's predicament and call this a force majeure case and allow a replacement.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3106446)   #691
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Word is that they have either Matt Bell or Allan Simonsen standing by as replacements. And I'm pretty sure that the stewards will understand the team's predicament and call this a force majeure case and allow a replacement.
And MtC confirms that the stewards have allowed JMW to field Simonsen as a replacement for Walker for the race.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3106542)   #692
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80 View Post
P1? Are you sure?
For "P1" read "FP1" - first session of Free Practice.

Murphy quickest in FP2.
Greaves fastest in FP3.
Oak (Lahaye) on pole in LMPQ
Old 15 Jul 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3106569)   #693
Deleted
Veteran

Anyone actually gonna bother to follow this race live?

I'll catch the Motors highlights later... I guess
Old 15 Jul 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3106570)   #694
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone actually gonna bother to follow this race live?
absolutely
Old 15 Jul 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3106571)   #695
Deleted
Veteran

Six hours with 13 privateer cars divided to 4 classes just sounds so... not thrilling way of spending a Sunday afternoon.

Maybe they have Darren Cox in the booth to pass the time
Old 15 Jul 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3106604)   #696
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
seems you're not the only one, DM reports about 300 viewers.....

Pecom Racing off already, hope they can keep it going...
Old 15 Jul 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3106611)   #697
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
to say the Oreca is supposedly the P2 car to have, the 4 of them are currently positions 6-9 out of 9
Old 15 Jul 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3106627)   #698
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
seems you're not the only one, DM reports about 300 viewers...
Up to 1000 viewers at one-hour mark. Any idea what was the viewership of the stream during the race at Castellet?
Old 15 Jul 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3106629)   #699
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
CAUTION!!!!! PERAZZINI (sp) IS ON TRACK.

carry on.

Almost hit the Imsa car on his first lap.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3106631)   #700
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Count me in. Got up at 5:30am to watch the race. Also watched the International GT Open race.

Cheyne