Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Jun 2001, 21:24 (Ref:102023)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photo effects.

Hope you don't mind me posting a link to one of your pictures redshoes, but how do you get effects on your photo like this one?
http://www.redshoes-racing.com/Pictures/2001/A03214.jpg
Do you make the shutter speed longer or something to get the lights 'smudging.' If I'm lucky enough I may be able to get to Snetterton Night race for my birthday on the same day.

Last edited by touringlegend; 6 Jun 2001 at 21:32.
Old 6 Jun 2001, 21:53 (Ref:102035)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.redshoes-racing.com/Pictures/2001p9.shtml - direct link won't work.

Longish shutter speed, big flashgun and pan with the car. Don't ask me what shutter speed I used, I was playing with all sorts of settings that night. Also need a lot of luck, I've taken plenty of night photos at Snett and Silverstone and never had more than a small percentage worth keeping.

Last edited by redshoes; 6 Jun 2001 at 21:54.
Old 7 Jun 2001, 09:40 (Ref:102148)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i got some cracking night shots by not using a flash, and using about 1/30 shutter speed from the start finish grandstand last year.

an unsteady hand helps too
Old 10 Jun 2001, 12:53 (Ref:103335)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And when do we get to see these photos, Bella?
Old 10 Jun 2001, 19:14 (Ref:103450)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you don't i spent my scanner money on a new lens for camera.
this years night shots were absolute pants, and the raceday shots were a bit better - got 3 decent ones out of that (none good enough for anything better than my bedroom noticeboard, mind). i'll bring them along at donny. all who have pics of people from silverstone should do the same. i want to vet them for **** shots of me
Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:45 (Ref:103536)   #6
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None have been sent for the gallery yet Bella so you are safe for the moment!