Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 May 2001, 01:44 (Ref:96318)   #1
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
end of season party

As a relatively new ten tenths member i want to know if you have an end of season finale!! or party as it would be in true ten tenths fashion

If so here are possible events

Formula Ford World Cup - Brands Hatch late october

Cardiff RAC RallSprint - Middle november

any one else got a good suggestion or have we tried this angle and it failed miserably
Old 25 May 2001, 14:37 (Ref:96506)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cardiff is a bit way off... but Brands is nice and close to Canterbury...

Old 25 May 2001, 17:40 (Ref:96554)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Cardiff sounds a bit, er.... Welsh

Donington Trucks, Karts, Cars and Fireworks worked prtty well last year.
Old 25 May 2001, 17:47 (Ref:96555)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thing is though, we don't really have an end of season... I think the last race meeting I went to last year was Chris Y's debut at Brand in late November, but we carried on meeting up through the winter at Lorna's gaff (sadly she longer has the place - think the land lord got the hump with our parties...! ) and various other event such as the Motor Show, the Autosport Show, etc. We then started the new season off in early March...

However, if we are going to do something, may I suggest the charity day at Snetterton - to which many 10 Tenths drivers will be bringing their cars - or the truck meeting at Donny on bonfire night ?
Old 25 May 2001, 18:31 (Ref:96580)   #5
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton is out in the middle of nowhere, we don't want to go there. I'm definately up for the truck racing though.
Old 25 May 2001, 19:05 (Ref:96600)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
One word of warning about the trucks though - thermal undies are an absolute must.

Maybe this year Lorna will buy some sparklers that work.
Old 25 May 2001, 19:07 (Ref:96601)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Or a nice warm 10 Tenths jacket...?

BTW redshoes, the spaklers *did* work... inside Lorna's flat!
Old 25 May 2001, 21:37 (Ref:96645)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was persistingly raining at Donny. The sparklers didn't stand a chance. Hehe - they did work at my flat. Don't know what the neighbours would have made out of three sparklers waving out of my window!

Yes, nice warm 10 Tenths jacket would do the trick
Old 25 May 2001, 22:01 (Ref:96655)   #9
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be nice to do something - isn't it a bit early to start thinking about it though?
Old 25 May 2001, 22:02 (Ref:96656)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Don't think they noticed, Lorna, they were too busy detonating half the street...
Old 7 Jun 2001, 10:46 (Ref:102169)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ummm,

The CSCC ends its season at Donington on 28 October. There are still more races to go to but hey, some companies have their Christmas dinner dances in February!!!

(Damn, this has put my Pembrey 1/2 Sept thread down the order).