Old 4 Jun 2001, 10:32 (Ref:100961)   #1
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton June 3

Good to meet slowcoach

but is there any news of Tony Harman - I think there was an incident at the bginning of the clubmans race - hope you're ok
Old 4 Jun 2001, 11:27 (Ref:100980)   #2
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi JVP - good to meet you too ! I saw Tony after our race Jos and he said he was fine , although I would think probably a little shaken - always a shame when something like that happens but particularly as he had a fantastic qualifying stint to gain 4th on the grid (his best)..... and then it all went pear shaped - my view was partially obscured by the pit wall but I think he got smacked up the backside very hard by one of the guys on the row behind which had clipped a car alongside , causing him to destroy the 300 marker board on the grass (lucky they're polystyrene these days!).
Tony's car has a kink in the chassis and plenty of suspension damage and it's going to be alot of hard work if he's to be ready for Mallory on the 17th. 2 of the other cars had to craned off , with one of the drivers being taken to hospital with neck problems. Thankfully though it appears no serious injuries!
Old 5 Jun 2001, 15:48 (Ref:101480)   #3
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey hey here we are then, - nice to say a quick hello again SC, sorry it was a bit short - we were just a bit busy at the time.... good result for you though, well done.
Sorry didn't get to meet up AGAIN Jos, saw your car though, see it sprouted some silver bits since Brands, any reason ?
Did finally meet APGUY v.briefly - now know why the nickname TinTin - love the hairstyle !!
Yep SC is right I did get attacked by a low flying "Pink Panther" - he launched himself over another car and landed by me then skewed sideways into me bending the suspension, I'm fine, hardly felt a bump but felt really sick when I saw the damage to the car, especially after my best ever qualifying - I've never had to look UP at the start lights before !, I think the wallet might take a hit on this one though. No one drove into the back of me, that was Alan in my old car, the other Haggispeed, who drove through the pack straight into the back of the Pink Panther when it was stationary, (do you like the way we use real racing names for these cars...), Alan hurt his neck and was taken to hospital for X-Rays but no damage thankfully.
I am going to work hard to try and get out for Mallory, at the moment it's a logistics thing to get everything in place in time, I've got some good guys to help out as well. I've located a new susp rocker arm but have to get the top arm made, couple of Revolution outer rims to be located, bit of cutting and brazing on the chassis after stripping it out, then put it all together and set it all up again ( that bit takes whole day !) Oh new wings and a couple of tyres too.
On top of all that it's the team boss's B'Day on the 17th too, and she thought we were going out for a meal the night before !!!
Oh and I took a bit of the 300yd marker board home with me as a souvenir for the garage
See you all at Mallory - I Hope

Last edited by Tony Harman; 5 Jun 2001 at 15:53.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 16:18 (Ref:101488)   #4
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes , I was chuffed to bits - my first piece of silverware (hopefully not last) - it'll be your turn next time - you certainly must have a few of the usual frontrunners looking nervously over their shoulders now after that qualifying session. Look on the bright side !!
p.s. Be positive , you will be at Mallory !!!!
Old 6 Jun 2001, 08:21 (Ref:101687)   #5
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear you're ok - hope you make Mallory

The silver bits are metal/glass to replace the plastic which is ok for Thunder but not for pre 90 / pre 83 - saving up for the respray - actually I think it looks quite good !
Old 6 Jun 2001, 09:33 (Ref:101711)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tony, I hope you (and the rest of the guys) make it to mallory, as it looks like it'll be my one chance this year to catch up with you all. Good luck
Old 6 Jun 2001, 10:29 (Ref:101726)   #7
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"saving up for the respray - actually I think it looks quite good !"
Mmmm - well it's an interesting colour combination, actually quite eye catching, just needs distributing differently maybe.
The bad news is last night I discovered that the rear upright has taken a hit giving positive camber and toe in, as my car has IRS, (most Clubmans cars have live axle), I may be able to dial it out for the time being prior to getting another upright fabricated, they're pretty complex though so no doubt expensive ! ouch.
So Mallory is looking a bit more doubtful but we will try our best, bit more midnight oil than I expected.
We will be at Mallory even if not racing so hope to see you there Marshal - you "working" or spectating ?
Old 6 Jun 2001, 10:59 (Ref:101733)   #8
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad luck Tony, I'll be working, and I'm really looking forward to it, I haven't been to Mallory for ages, and I've never caught up with most of the series on what is now the classic package, so I'm definitely looking forward to Jos, Slowcoach, you hopefully, et al doing your stuff.