Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1601845)   #1
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Montagny

Does no better than Ide
Or so it seems in qualifying..
Old 6 May 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1601847)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think that is the full story of his pace somehow.

He was thwarted by red flags. The race tomorrow will be a better indication of how he is doing.

He seemed to be doing OK in practice.
Old 6 May 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1601853)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You are quite right knowlesy...I expect he will do fine in the race, he just arrived and the car handles like a pig doesn't it..
Old 6 May 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1601861)   #4
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes, the car is a pig, which leads me back to a thread I started after the first few races. Should Aguri even be on the track? But for the fact that F1 needs every participant they can get, I think not. A year of development would have been more appropriate, imo. For Montagny, he is in a very difficult position and it will be a chore just to avoid embarrassment (unfortunately much like Ide, who failed in that regard).
Old 6 May 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1601865)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Super Aguri have every right to be on the track. Especially now Ide is gone.

They have been a surprise in terms of pace to me, although that's not to say they've been fast of course! I expected far worse.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1601870)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have any problems with Super Aguri's prescence; their car is slow, but the team are working on a new one and appers to be well funded, unlike a number of teams that have graced F1 at one time or another (e.g. Pacific, the '97 Lola team, Forti).

With regard to Montagny, it was difficult to see him doing any better than what he did, given that the mediocraty of the car, his lack of experience with it and the relative speed of the opposition. I think a succesful race for him would be defined as a finish, fairly close to Sato and keeping out of trouble
Old 6 May 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1601872)   #7
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he did during qualifying:
1. outlap
2. spin in first corner
3. phantom red flag and he slowed
4. inlap

That's why he was so much behind.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1601880)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, he didn't go back out after the red flag fiasco, as he knew he would not be fast enough anyway. In the practice sessions he was closer to Sato's pace than Ide ever was, despite Sato now having experience of the car, so I think he'll be fine. I make it 1 spin in 1 session for Montagny and 3 in 4 for Ide, so there's little diference there.
Old 6 May 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1601887)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clearly Montagny is quicker than the 11s difference between Sato and himself suggests. Look at his practice pace - it was decent.

Should Super Aguri be there, yes. And if they weren't well you could pose the same simple question about Midland and then...
They are doing an impressive job. Sato's best lap was only 4.531s slower than Alonso fastest race lap at Imola. That is 5.36%. How much closer do you want. Interestingly in 2001 Alonso's FL was 4.442s slower than Schumacher's FL (5.09%). Is the suggestion that he and Minardi shouldn't have been on the grid?
Old 6 May 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1601919)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Clearly Montagny is quicker than the 11s difference between Sato and himself suggests. Look at his practice pace - it was decent.

Should Super Aguri be there, yes. And if they weren't well you could pose the same simple question about Midland and then...
They are doing an impressive job. Sato's best lap was only 4.531s slower than Alonso fastest race lap at Imola. That is 5.36%. How much closer do you want. Interestingly in 2001 Alonso's FL was 4.442s slower than Schumacher's FL (5.09%). Is the suggestion that he and Minardi shouldn't have been on the grid?
I like these facts.. Thank you..
Old 7 May 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1602531)   #11
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well said AdamAshmore. I can't understand why anyone would question Super Aguri's right to be on the grid. They are doing a respectable job, and are already doing better than a lot of teams did in the last 15 or so years.
Old 7 May 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1602602)   #12
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzF1rocks
Does no better than Ide
Or so it seems in qualifying..

Why is it any "new" driver in F1 has to open his legs and get kicked? The lad competed in his first Grand Prix. Anyone else had a first day at the office and made tea, and done nothing else?
Old 7 May 2006, 18:35 (Ref:1602605)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Why is it any "new" driver in F1 has to open his legs and get kicked? The lad competed in his first Grand Prix.
because it is so easy to do?
Old 7 May 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1602748)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Montagny did a decent job, but then he is a decent driver.

I find this thread rather bereft of purpose.
Old 8 May 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1603252)   #15
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Montagny did a decent job, but then he is a decent driver.

I find this thread rather bereft of purpose.

maybe your right

il give the guy a break.